For surahs 1 to 6 see HERE
For surahs 7 onwards see post 13 below.
Edited by Mughal1, Yesterday, 09:31 PM.
Jump to content
Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:34 PM
see post 1 above for link to surahs 1 to 6 or post 13 below for surahs 7 onwards.
Edited by Mughal1, Yesterday, 09:31 PM.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:08 PM
see posts 1 and 2 for info.
Edited by Mughal1, Yesterday, 09:33 PM.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:13 PM
see posts 1 and 2 for info.
Edited by Mughal1, Yesterday, 09:34 PM.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:16 PM
see posts 1 and 2 above for info.
Edited by Mughal1, Yesterday, 09:34 PM.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:19 PM
see posts 1 and 2 for info.
Edited by Mughal1, Yesterday, 09:35 PM.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:19 PM
see first post above for info.
Edited by Mughal1, Yesterday, 09:36 PM.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:21 PM
For surah 7 see post 13 below.
Edited by Mughal1, Yesterday, 09:36 PM.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:21 PM
For surah 7 see post 13.
Edited by Mughal1, Yesterday, 09:36 PM.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:23 PM
see posts 1 and 2 for info on this thread.
Edited by Mughal1, Yesterday, 09:37 PM.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:25 PM
see posts 1 and 2 for info.
Edited by Mughal1, Yesterday, 09:38 PM.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:25 PM
For info on threads see posts 1 and 2.
Edited by Mughal1, Yesterday, 09:38 PM.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:28 PM
Surah 7 AL ARAAF-To reach heights of excellence in terms of unity, peace, progress and prosperity is not possible for mankind unless they organise and regulate themselves as a proper human community based upon guidance of Allah.
This surah is named AL-ARAAF from root AIN, RAA and FAA. Concrete meaning of this root is a raised piece of land from its surrounding land that distinguishes it from the rest of land. Also a distinction that helps recognise something in its own right. An introduction eg of a person or community or something that helps to know something about something, heights, facial features, mane, comb, crest of a bird, to recognise, to know, knowledge, information and its proper understanding, mentor, divinations, to confess, confession, social norms, good works, proper actions, charity, fragrance, perfume, to come know as, to be recognised, to take to task for, to hold accountable or liable, to make one face the consequences of one’s actions, to become acquainted with one another, succession, continuation, established principles or prefects, reasonable, clear, uppermost part of a mountain or sand dune or a wall, advanced knowledge, a wide expanse of good land wherein settled people know each other well, kingdom based upon guidance of Allah wherein live a people as a proper human community, scent, smell, lead, trace, destination, goal, task etc etc.
This surah is named AL-ARAAF not because this word is also used within surah but due to subject matter discussed in this surah, which is what people need to do to get where they need to be according to plan of their creator and sustainer for them. It is therefore necessary that people learn the plan and make sense of the world in which they live and then do what is required of them to reach heights of excellence. As Surah before this made it clear that prosperity is not possible without knowledge, unity and hard work this Surah is all about gaining excellence as a human community. Having a program with goals and guidelines is not enough, having a constitution and law is not enough, even having organised and being regulated is not enough. People must learn to become knowledgeable and unite and work hard and keep going till they reach excellence. Just being able to meet one’s needs is not enough for a community to be excellent it must do more than what it actually needs to do as is obvious by name of next surah ie AL ANFAAL. Each person has to become highly productive and efficient in order to produce much more than one needs for oneself. That is how one can reach excellence and that is why there is no place for such people in Islam who are lazy and disruptive a destructive or trouble makers. So one can see what kind of person a real Muslim has to be who could be held out as an example of excellence for others.
Proclaim! In the name of Allah, the provider of psychological, sociological and biological needs of mankind
1) Alif Laam Meem Suad.
2) This book containing program, constitution and law is sent to you the people so that you let there remain no problem within heart of your human community because of it therefore make people aware about it for it will ensure blissful, dignified and secure existence for those who will commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to it.
Word SADR is from root SWAAD, DAAL and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is the very being of something. Also the very centre of something, command and control centre, heart, something upon which depends very existence of something, brain, mind, personality, intelligence, breast, chest, president or chief of a people, capital city, main city, to return, to go to water well or spring for a drink of water, to come back, to go forth, go ahead of something or go ahead with doing something, psyche, emotions, motives, energy, power etc etc.
This verse clearly state the purpose for revelation of the Quran ie people living a life based on the Quran which means tackling all problems humanity will ever face through learning, unity and hard work. If humanity wants to live by the Quran then it must live as a family and people should never try to rule or dominate each other in order to undermine each other instead they must come together and support each other and complement each other’s efforts that way making each and every person useful member of the human community. In other words the Quran is a program building an excellent human community if that is what people want and are willing to work for. If people do not want to be a proper human community then alternative is also made clear and history is cited as evidence repeatedly making it amply clear that humanity then cannot escape harms and destructions by its own hands for as long as it does not go by the book sent for it by its creator and sustainer.
3) Therefore stick with the way life strictly which has been revealed to you by your Creator and Sustainer and do not follow any way of life that has been invented and promoted by anyone other than Him yet little are you people interested in the way of life which leads you to blissful, dignified and secure existence due to proper use of Our provisions.
4) However think about how many of the townships have We let destroy themselves because Our warnings became realities for them due to their adopted ways of life based upon rivalries for personal gains whereby they rendered each other into a dead people.
Word QAAILOON is from root QAAF, YAA and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is to rely on something for support. Also the noon, siesta, to take a midday nap, a midday resting place, to annul, to help out of difficulty, chief, a place for repose, the state of being at rest, freedom from worry, peace of mind, to lay oneself down, to relax, to lie dead, to put or place one’s trust into something, to rely on something, to come to rest on something, to find support in something, composure, to lie while being supported by something, absence of movement or animation or activity, state of inactiveness, lay idle, state of idleness, to live of others, milk or something that is drank in the afternoon, to make or declare something void or invalid, to obliterate effect or existence of something, to delete, abolish or cancel something, to revoke, become or render lifeless or ineffective etc etc
If people will not live by way of life advised by Allah whereby they are told to complement each other then, all other ways of life people can adopt are bound to be based upon rivalries and the rivalry based ways of cannot lead anywhere other than people driving each other out of existence by trying to render each other ineffective.
5) At the time when Our law of consequences delivered them results of their actions all they could say was, we have indeed been living our lives on basis of inflicting harms and destructions upon each other for personal gains.
6) That is how in time We will continue making those populations face the consequences of their actions to whom Our message is delivered and We will also hold accountable the people who have been made responsible for carrying out Our mission.
Here word MURSALEEN is not used for messengers of Allah but for their followers who were given responsibility to carry on with mission of Allah after their messengers passed away. Ummah needs to ask itself if it is fulfilling its responsibility towards the mission of Allah as it is required to do by Allah. It is this failure of ummah in its such important duty that ummah is in terrible state of affairs. Mullahs need to be held responsibility for misleading ummah by misrepresenting to ummah the way of life advised by Allah as a set of make belief and useless rituals. This has divided ummah into rulers and ruled, masters and slave, employers and workers, saints and sinners and so sense of ummah and brotherhood has disappeared from the lives of people who claim to be the followers of the Quran.
7) Behold! We tell their stories to you for lessons to make you aware that Our law of consequences never fails to make people face results of their criminal actions against each other.
8) That is how things are balanced properly for a set period of time so that any people whose works carry weight in sight of Allah for the well being of mankind prosper indeed.
9) However those whose harmful and destructive works against each other will tip the scale against them in sight of Allah and proper human community, they will find themselves and their people in serious loss because they live their lives against Our set goals and guidelines.
10) Behold! It is We Who have established you in this world and provided you with ways and means for your existence and sustenance therein yet you hardly stick to Our program that can help you attain a blissful, dignified and secure life through proper use of Our provisions.
Word MAKKANA is from root MEEM, KAAF and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is settle in a place as one’s home. Also to establish oneself in a place, take a place for a home, nest, become settled or established in a place, grow in power or strength, to prove validity or truth of a claim, to found an institution or kingdom or state or an estate, to establish a rule or enforce a law, to become recognised and accepted, to secure a position or condition, lizard and locust eggs, bird nest, to be exalted in power, to be calm, to be firmly established, to consolidate, to gain influence, to become possible, to become strong, to enable, to be secure, to be safe, to become well established etc etc.
Word MAAYISHA is from root AIN, YAA and SHEEN. Concrete meaning of this root is management of land and resources and means of production and distribution for fulfilling needs and wants of mankind for their blissful, dignified and secure existence. Also bread and butter, daily bread, consumables, livelihood, means of existence and sustenance, economy, things of need, living necessities, goods and services, food; clothes; shelter; health and education etc, state of living, way of living, to make one’s home in a particular place or with a particular person, life, to live, living standard, mode of living, toiling for livelihood, work for living, means of subsistence, victuals, manner of living etc etc.
This verse very clearly tells mankind that blissful, dignified and secure life is not possible for people unless they learn about plan of Allah for them and therefore his set goals and provided guidelines for them so that then they could do what they are told as they are told to do it. The idea is that people educate themselves and each other and unite and work hard as a team to fulfil divine purpose. It all comes down to having sense of responsibilities for each other and about rights of each other and doing things properly so that responsibilities are carried out properly and rights are fulfilled properly. This calls for proper management of available manpower and resources so that things are produced and distributed properly to fulfil needs of mankind. So long as people fail to educate themselves or fail to come together to work as a team and fail to actually work, nothing can be achieved. This shows very clearly that Islam is not at all about make beliefs and useless rituals because it is a social program for a set of goals such as recognition and acknowledgement of creator and sustainer through putting his program into action for well being of people themselves as a proper human community. One cannot appreciate God of the Quran without being a creative person oneself. This is like a child is trying to make its parent proud of its kid which actually reflects back on parent itself. If a parent raises a good kid the credit obviously goes to good parenting as well and likewise if human creatures will use sense and do things sensibly then they will make their creator proud of them that will be true recognition of God as a creator. By playing dumb and deaf through animalistic mindset, attitude and behaviour if anything people are making God feel bad about his creation so to speak. If God was emotional like people he will have destroyed them many times over instead of putting up with their stupidity. This verse very clearly proves mullahs are stupid because they try to prove the Quran is holy book of make beliefs and useless rituals. On the contrary verses like this in the Quran cannot be interpreted any other way than in context of politics and economics. It is because one cannot even live his life without supply of food and water let alone sit in some place and praise the Lord. Even to hold make beliefs and carry out useless rituals one has to exist so things of need come first not praising the Lord. A child has to have all things of need for growing up to be able to do as told by Allah. This is how the Quran very clearly makes obvious stupidity of mullahs. Such verses can be interpreted only and only in context of DEEN ie proper way of life for mankind as advised by Allah and not in context of MAZHAB.
11) That is what We created and evolved you the mankind for and therefore moulded you into shape where after We said to the tribal chiefs to accept for Adam the position of a chief administrator. They all agreed save Iblees, he was not of those who agreed.
Why Adam is chosen as the leader? It is because he was most sensible person among all the people at the time. Allah chose him as his messenger to be a guide for the rest of them just like any other messenger who were sent after Adam top play the same role among their people at their own time periods. As explained already that even though people do things themselves Allah says I have done this or that for them because he is the provider of ways and means to doing things otherwise people could not have done it. If there is no gun you cannot shoot somebody, so provisions make things possible because only if things are there they can be used to do something. Allah chose his messengers such people who he thought will serve his purpose fine not that he chose anyone and then intervened to keep them right. That way others will have valid objection saying, why them and not us? Mullahs need to educate themselves so that they could see their own stupidity by themselves and get out of it, the sooner the better. Masses too should realise the fact that if mullahs are so ignorant then why are they following them like sheep?
12) Allah asked Ibees, what stopped you from accepting Adam as the chief administrator when it is I that advised you to do so? He replied, it is I who should have been selected for this position rather than him. You have created and evolved me into a quick-witted or hyperactive person whereas you have created and evolved him into dim-witted or slow acting person.
This verse explains story of first Islamic state that was brought about under administration of Adam as its chief. Before this people lived like other animals as a species and behaved the same way but through life experience due to having right brain and senses man soon learned that things need to be done differently from rest of animal kingdom. However, man had no idea how to do that and what to base the human society upon. That is when God revealed his message to man explaining things the way they are explained in the Quran for those people. The advice they were given was to take Adam as chief executive or chief of chiefs and take other similar people as administration to run the human population as an organised human community. After God suggested Adam for chief one of the tribal chiefs whose name was Iblees objected on the ground that he comes from the tribe that ruled people therefore he was better qualified to be chief of chiefs than Adam. God saw his this behaviour in light of his attitude and mindset and told him you are not fit to be part of administration because you look down on others instead of taking yourself as one of the people ie as member of the same family. By his later troublesome behaviour he proves God right in dismissing him from the administration. In kingdom of God only those people are taken as learned who live for the good of each other and not those who show cleverness for personal gains and thereby cause all sorts of troubles between people thereby destroy community spirit in people as well as human community itself. This Adam God is talking about is not the very first human being but the very first human being who showed he was a most sensible human being at the time who became self aware and aware of his environment and the bloodshed that was taking place between tribes and was trying to figured out a way to solve this problem. This is why the divine revelation was only given to people when they developed enough to be able to make use of divine guidance by being conscious of its purpose. The dialogue quoted here by God is similar to the one that went on between God, Moses and Pharaoh etc on this earth by way of divine revelations and messengers at the time. It is not the case that Allah talked to people directly, for that he chose people out of mankind as his messengers.
13) Allah said, get out of this mindset, attitude and behaviour it is not beneficial for mankind that you should show your dominance this way regarding this affair. Get out of this mindset, attitude and behaviour because you have exposed yourself as an unworthy person for the office of community administration by coming up with such nonsense excuse.
Here the Quran tells mankind very clearly what kind of people they should choose or not choose for management of people and resources and means of production and distribution of goods and services. Only a people who are self aware and aware of their environment and conscious of program of Allah because only such people can deliver the goods and services for the well being of proper human community. People who think of themselves big are simply filled with pride and sense of dominating others so they are bound to try to undermine others for their personal gains to satisfy their egos so in due to course they will prove very dangerous for proper human community.
14) Iblees said, give me time to think this affair through till the day people will take on their administrative duties for this kingdom.
The request by Iblees to Allah to give him respite is his admission that he was too quick to reject proposal of Allah so he was not fit to be a leader of proper human community. This also means people are not made to face the consequences of all their actions at once but that some consequences of their actions can take a very long period of time.
15) Allah said, the respite you request is henceforth granted.
16) Iblees then said to Allah, since You have declared my way of thinking and doing things wrong therefore caused me loss of my entitlement to position of chief administrator due to these like people, I will from now on lie in wait for them looking for an opportunity to lead them away from Your set goals and provided guidelines for them.
Word AGHWA is from roots GHAIN, WOW and YAA as well as GHAIN, YAA and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is a hole dug up in the ground and covered up to trap wild animals to catch them. Also darkness, to lure, to confuse, to mislead, to seduce, to err, to stray from the right path, to become bloated due to over consumption of things, to swell or become puffed up, to become puffed up with conceit, to wrap up oneself in false reputation, to pretend to be big or an important person with intention to deceive, to become swollen, be deceived, deception, to become ruined, to become limited in means of livelihood, to have no guidance, to be in the dark about something, destruction, suffering, to live one’s life the harmful and destructive way, to do things or do them in a way that ruins oneself, people who are driven by their emotions instead of well thought out actions, people whose desires never become satisfied so they run about upset and disturbed, hazy or dusty atmosphere, goal, flag, objective, destination, upset stomach due to over eating or drinking, to suffer from stomach troubles, to tempt into doing something wrong, delusion, misguidance, evil, punishment, to miss the target or mark or standard or path, to declare someone wrong or in error or on the wrong path etc etc.
In this verse it is made clear that mindset, attitude and behaviour of people shows what sort of background they have come from ie what have they learned from their life experiences or what life has taught them. So despite being given the time to think things through Iblees comes up with another harmful and destructive idea which is he will do all in his power to not let these people establish a kingdom based upon guidance of Allah. This shows that a person looking for domination over others keeps trying to undermine them anyway he can so he goes into more and more harmful and destructive activities in order to try to prevent coming about of a proper human community and even if one has come about his idea is to destroy it. The whole idea is that if something does not belong to him or is not under his control then no one else should have it either. A burning fire of jealousy and envy inside mind of such a person totally consumes him therefore such a person cannot think for well being of other human beings. These verses are explaining to mankind what is meant by personal gains based way of life at the expense of each other as compared to a way of life based upon well being of each other as a proper human community. This is why one way of life destroys human community spirit and brotherhood of humanity and the other works towards it. A very clear distinction between the two very different approaches to life. Iblees was first opponent of way of life that was advised by Allah for the mankind at the time. What he did to ensure things do not work in favour of human community is explained in detail in the Quran in story of Adam and Iblees. He was first SHAITAAN ie an adversary of way of life that was appointed by Allah for human community. There have been plenty of SHAYAATEEN since then and are there even today in form of rulers, mullahs and money lenders their touts and supporters. They do all they can to prevent proper way of life from becoming a reality. This fight between people on a mission from Allah and their opponents will carry on till world becomes free of such people. How can the world become free of such people? The world can become free of such people because as time goes on and generation after generation more and more people become better and better aware of themselves and their world they are doing things that are helping the world become a better and better place. Of course, things could become a lot better in much shorter time but only if people decided to bring about an education based revolution at a worldwide scale. The point one has to note here is that Iblees is not talking to Allah directly but to the people who claim to represent mission of Allah. He is responding this way because he still does not think he is saying or doing anything wrong by saying and doing what he is saying. It is a similar situation as with Allah, Noah and his people or Allah, Pharaoh and Moses and their people.
17) Therefore I will reach them through those who will lead them as well as those who will follow them and through their constitutional and legal obligations as well as through their conducts so You will not find most of them using your provisions properly.
What this verse means is that Iblees decided to do all he could to cause disruption in set-up and running of a proper human community. It means he began to work for his way of life the way he wanted world to be so he puts up his arguments before people to lead them away from the advised way of life by Allah to his way of thinking and doing things. He jumps in constitutional matter and legal matters and how people should conduct themselves. He makes people think, why should they have a constitution or law and act upon it in a way that has no personal benefit in it for them as individuals. He even goes to Adam and tells him why don’t you become a king and rule the rest and enjoy life for as long as it lasts. He did all this after Adam succeeded in setting up a proper human community. He was not able to mislead Adam but some of his people were misled by him due to which kingdom based upon guidance of Allah came tumbling down but he then was able to rebuild it after his people had learn their lesson the hard way. Though some time after him that kingdom fell apart once more and that is why Allah sent more messengers after him to guide people towards same thing all over again and again. The kingdom that was set-up by Adam was in a way a worldwide kingdom because human population at that time was not widespread as it is today. All kingdoms that were brought about by later messengers were very limited in places and populations. These kingdoms were only exemplary kingdoms to show mankind how to live properly if they so chose. But message of Allah has been spreading ever since because Allah sent thousands of messengers and scriptures since then. The final scripture was sent through final messenger some fifteen hundred years back. The final messenger also managed to set up a kingdom based upon guidance of Allah in Arabia that expanded after him but expansion ended when Muslims also turned imperialists and turned deen of Islam into religion of Islam.
Yet message of the Quran has been reaching people for their reflection but most people have not understood the message of the Quran as they should have because kings in Muslim states set-up imperial priesthood to take control of interpretation and representation of the Quranic message the way it suited them. These people used the scripture as a tool for exploitation just like Hindus, Parses, Jews and Christians imperial forces. So today Islam is not well known as a deen but as a mazhab and that is what Iblees wanted in his time. By declaring his such intentions as told in the verse for his fellow human beings Iblees exposed himself very badly as to what was really in his mind for the human community. This shows how important it is for people to learn to choose their leaders and administrators for running affairs of their communities if they wish to live in peace and make progress and be prosperous. Only such people are to be chosen who live for others and are strongly founded on concept of community and are able to motivate and use people and resources to achieve end goal of bringing about the best human community. People who devise ideas to divide communities and to dominate others are force for harm and destruction therefore such people must be avoided and kept in check so that they do not succeed in their harmful and destructive designs.
18) Allah said, if this is what you intend to do to your fellow human beings then it is better that you are not part of this administration and community because you have brought this disgrace upon yourself so remain disgraced and excluded if that is your choice. If any of them will also choose to follow your way of thinking and doing things then I will certainly let all such people from among you the mankind turn this place into a hell hole by their own making.
This verse leaves none in doubt that Allah is not interested in forcing people to live his way rather it is peoples’ own choice to follow his advice or ignore it and do their own things and face the consequences. It also makes clear that people are free to settle their scores. This was necessary because without right to self defence world could not be kept in check. If society does not deal with criminal elements in society properly then society cannot live in peace to make progress to be prosperous. Antisocial mindset, attitude and behaviour therefore cannot and should not be tolerated or it is goodbye to community spirit and brotherhood and after that rivalry, animosity, hatred and destruction is inevitable, which is bound to turn the world into a hellhole.
19) Thereafter Allah said to Adam, O Adam! Build you and your community on the idea of blissful, dignified and secure life providing kingdom and participate therein as you desire but take no step against the goals and guidelines of this program, constitution and law because you will become of those who do things that are harmful and destructive for you the proper human community.
Adam is given the program for setting up a kingdom and maintaining it along with his people and is told never to go against it because you will end up making your life hell as a human community. Here the Quran is talking about tree of life because program given to mankind by God is guaranty of human survival with dignity ie it is a life giving program. When people understand this program properly only then it motivates humanity properly in the right direction. Failing that mankind simply fall into painful suffering by doing things the way they were told not to. It is made very clear indeed how important it is to have proper understanding of plan of Allah and life because without proper understanding of things people can never build a proper human community. This places revelation of Allah into a category of its own. Without this knowledge humanity can never find the right way to live no matter how much people learn from the real world research and exploration because that will always only confirm the truth as told in the program, constitution and law of Allah. This verse also shows that the Quran is not the first book of revelation from God rather the very first human community that became aware of universal realities was given the book that suited their time and place. This means Islam is not a new way of life but the original way of life whereby lived wise people right from the start. Of course, people have been making mistakes and learning from their mistakes so God has been sending messengers and books to keep them informed about his program for them. The Quran is only fit for this era that is why it was sent for this period of time. Whether people try and understand the Quran properly or ignore it or misuse and abuse it for personal gains is up to themselves. The phrase do not go near the tree means do not step over the set mark or trample divine law under your feet or go beyond set limit or go overboard etc etc. Another way of saying stay within your limits for your own good.
20) However in due course the opponent of Our advised way of life for mankind spread some rumours about the administration and the community both in order to bring about the situation and circumstances from which they were protected by Our guidance by telling them things like, your Creator and Sustainer has forbidden you from going against His program, constitution and law only in case you become kings or reign the kingdom for your lifetimes.
Word WASWASA is from root WOW, SEEN, WOW and SEEN. Concrete meaning if this root is hidden noise or disturbance that is caused in order to cause chaos and confusion. Also conspiracy, whispering, indistinct hidden sound, rustle, jiggling of anklets, harmful and destructive insinuations, temper, to insinuate or draw attention to harmful and destructive thoughts, to tempt, to be obsessed, to put a suggestion into someone’s mind, to lead to temptation, to plant harmful and destructive thoughts etc etc. In the Quranic context it means people who oppose rule based upon guidance of Allah in a kingdom put their ideas into minds of people who follow program of Allah in order to knock them off course by making fools of them. They conspire to confuse people so that they lose the proper sense of direction or course of actions. This is why people who conspire to derail them are called shayaateen or harmful and destructive people and that is why people read TAOOZ verse before recitation of the Quran in order to remind themselves that they should not be reading the Quran for wrong reasons instead they should be reading the Quran to understand its program properly so that if it is good, they could work for its implementation and bring about a proper human community and the kingdom for it to live in.
This verse tells people that administration they choose for running the community affairs has to be terms and conditions bound for the set out goals and never on permanent basis. If administration proves to be good and thinks that it can deliver then due to their track record they could be reinstated at the end of their appointed term if community also finds them able to deliver in future otherwise it is duty of community to change people in administration as they see fit in light of future tasks, guidance and performance ability. In case of divine messengers, they leave administration if they are part of it when they see they are getting old and cannot perform to the best of what is required of them. It is then up to community to find alternatives from among the ordinary people once heavenly appointed messengership comes to an end. It is not necessary that that a messenger of Allah has to be the chief administrator as well rather he could choose to have an advisory role instead. One must also remember that words like NABI and RASOOL are not used in the Quran only for actual prophets and messengers of Allah but their followers as well who carry out their works after them, they have been used for other ordinary people as well. The same is true about use of word WAHEE which means revelation or inspiration or motivation etc. This word is not used always in relation to messengers of Allah only but for other people and things as well. It is the context of the verses that gives rise to proper sense of these words in places where they are used.
21) That is how he conspired through individuals in the administration and in the community both in order to persuade them by telling them under oath, I am your sincere adviser.
22) That is how he cunningly convinced them to go against Our program, constitution and law but when they broke the set limits and experienced the life of lawlessness the results of their harmful and destructive thoughts and actions against each other became obvious to them so they began to stitch together for themselves the pages of the program, constitution and law to recreate for themselves the lost blissful and dignifying kingdom. Thereupon their Lord called on them saying, did I not stop you from going against My program, constitution and law and did I not alert you that opponent of My advised way of life is your open enemy so be on your guard?
It should be noted here that it is not Adam who went against divine writ but his people in the administration as well as in the community. No divine messenger was ever misled by any opponent of way of life advised by Allah. The people chosen for messengership of Allah for delivering His message to mankind were chosen only because they were cleverest of all in their times so it was not possible for others to con them or trick them. Even an ordinary true servant of Allah is a very alert person, so alert that he does not con others and cannot be conned by others, for he knows what people are up to when it comes to what people want from each other. Even in this case it were only odd people not all of them who were misled by SHAITAAN who may or may not be Iblees himself but his agent. The idea of bringing about the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah was inspired because unruly people were causing problems already and wise people of the time thought there should be a better way of living than the way they were living. However after they were inspired with a better way of living some of them still fell short of what was required of them. That is how some people have been building kingdoms on the basis of revelation of Allah and others have been bringing them down. A struggle between builders and destroyers still continues and only so only Allah could be sure enough where all this is going to end and that is why the Quran tells mankind that his kingdom will become established in due course.
23) Both the parties responded, our Creator and Sustainer! We have harmed ourselves. If You do not deliver us through blissful, dignifying and life securing revealed program for us then we will certainly be of those who end up destroyed.
24) Allah said, get out of this terrible state of mindset, attitude and behaviour against each other for personal gains that landed you in this state of existence, whereby some of you became enemies of others whereas in this world there is sufficient provision and sustenance for all of you to live happily for a set period of time.
25) Therein you may rise as a good human community and therein you may fall as a bad example of human community but that is how by means of that struggle you may be brought out of this state of affairs back into blissful state of existence.
These verses clearly tell mankind that they are on their own when it comes to working for a better or for a worse world for themselves. The part of Allah is only to provide people with all they will ever need including guidance and the rest is up to mankind themselves to come together as a team and get on with the set out task or carry on fighting with each other for as long as they want. No prophet or saint or any other person on his own can change the human world for the better because world depends on all it has in it and particularly on its human participants. This is what real missionary work is all about, that is people understand the divine plan for them and help each other do the same and get on with the given task by ending their rivalries and animosities and hatred and fights based on trying to dominate each other by undermining and controlling each other.
26) O ideological children of Adam! We surely have revealed for you the protective covering in form of Our program, constitution and law so that you cover yourselves well against all harmful and destructive sources for your peace, progress and prosperity. That is why the best protection against harm and destruction is consistency with program, constitution and law of Allah for the well being of the mankind. This Quran is indeed one of the revelations of Allah so that people strive hard to make it known to each other for their own well being.
It should be noted in these verses that when Allah addresses mankind as children of Adam, he means ideological children of prophet Adam because he was not father of all human beings as already explained. The separation of human species from tree of life happened long before coming of prophet Adam. Here Allah is talking about his guidance and mankind not just mankind as a species in their own right. Humans took human form in body long before they became aware of themselves and their world and saw the need for guidance of Allah and received it. That is the time of prophet Adam and that is why he is not father of human race but father of ideology based upon guidance of Allah, hence the distinction between origin of human species and when man became man intellectually and actually rose above other animals and has been moving up the scale of proper humanity ever since.
27) O children of Adam! Let not the opponent of rule based upon guidance of Allah succeed in causing fights among you the same way as he seduced your ancestors out of great life in the blissful and dignifying kingdom by stripping them of their protection in form of program, constitution and law of Allah thereby exposed them to mutually harmful and destructive conduct. The opponent of rule based upon guidance of Allah and his supporters attack you from such an angle that you do not realise how they are going to harm or destroy you. However it is We that gave the opponents of Our advised way of life the freedom of choice to be supporters of those who do not commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
The SHAITAAN Allah is talking about here is not the same person who stood against prophet Adam but any person who opposes advised way of life by Allah in any period of time in any place. The idea is that just as that SHAITAAN deceived people of Adam so SHAITAAN of today can deceive people of today. Just as people who follow guidance of Allah are called children of Adam so people who deceive mankind are called children of that SHAITAAN who deceived people in time of prophet Adam.
28) They stick to each other so much that even when they inflict any harm and destruction themselves upon each other they say, we found our forefathers doing this and Allah Himself has commanded us to do so. Say, No way! Allah never commands mankind to do what is harmful and destructive for mankind. Do you attribute to Allah something for which you have no proof whatsoever?
In verses like this the Quran challenges religions and priesthood as well as ruling systems and rulers and moneylenders who invented and promoted their tricks and mechanism against way of life advised by Allah for their own personal gains at the expense of proper human community. These people are seekers of dominance over fellow human beings just like Iblees. This is why they use whatever advantage they have over others against them to undermine them and use and abuse them as much as they can. The problem also rests with those who remain ignorant and do not rise to the challenges these people pose for them. A bully is a bully only till he meets his opposition and after that it is all downhill for him. The same is true about these people who think they have power over others and that they cannot be moved from positions of power. If masses stood up against these people, they will be history and that is what the Quran tells us repeatedly by telling us stories about past bullies and how the met their ends when push came to shove. Here Allah is making it absolutely clear that people who do wrong things to each other in the name of God are liars. The most condemned liars are mullahs because they invented religions in the name of Allah and spread them on behest of rulers and money lenders and thereby turned people away from the way of life that was advised by Allah for the mankind by attributing false interpretations to the scriptures and thereby misrepresenting them. Ummah needs to pay attention to this verse and see how it exposes and condemns blind following of ancestors. If people are told not to follow even their own ancestors blindly then why should people follow rulers, mullahs and money lenders who are not even their ancestors and only and only try to use and abuse them? This verse leaves no room for doubt that Allah has appointed a way of life for mankind to live their lives by and not make beliefs and useless rituals whereby mullahs make fool of them so that then they could be used and abused by rulers, money lenders and mullahs etc. So people must wake up to this truth if they want to prove themselves human beings with brains otherwise they are just like animals and beasts of burden for those who use and abuse them and they deserve it. Allah does not change condition or state of existence of a people unless they do it themselves for themselves and that is what guidance is about ie how people can make this world beautiful for themselves with its help.
29) Say, my Creator and Sustainer only and only commands mankind to stand upon just laws and decide matters fairly as a proper human community for accomplishing goals set for you the mankind through each and every institution and kingdom relying purely upon His advised way of life. So that you could return to the original state of blissful, dignified and secure existence just as He evolved you originally for establishing a kingdom based upon His guidance the first time.
This verse explains why messengers and scriptures have been sent by Allah one after the other because he wants people to become rightly guided so that they create and maintain for themselves blissful , dignifying and secure life providing kingdoms that stay in place forever for the well being of humanity.
30) Despite all this help through scriptures and messengers one group of mankind ended up being guided the while for the other group His forecast proved true that they will fall in error and remain therein because they chose the opponents of way of life advised by Allah as their leaders to guide them instead of guidance of Allah, still they think of themselves that they are living their lives according to the proper way of life so they deem themselves guided properly.
It is one thing to know that you are going the wrong way because then you look for the right way to your destination but if somehow you are made to think that you are going the right way even when you are in actual fact going the wrong way then things get really bad. This is exactly what rulers, mullahs and money lenders do ie they confuse their people by telling them mazhab instead of deen so people never look for deen because they think mazhab is deen. This is why to know the difference between deen and mazhab is absolutely necessary to get out of this trap that is set by rulers mullahs and money lenders for the masses to use and abuse them. How do rulers, money lenders and mullahs use and abuse people? By making people focus on things and in a particular way which help rulers, mullahs and money lenders use and abuse them. They make them think it is ok for people to ruler each other, they make them think that it is ok that people use money for dealing with each other and they make them think that it is ok to make slaves of each other. As people do these things community spirit breaks down and brotherhood ends and then people become individuals and groups based upon those personal interests instead of the goals Allah set for them and guidelines he gave them to live by. This is how these people make lawful what is made unlawful by Allah and they make unlawful what is made lawful by Allah. In other words rulers make laws in their favour against masses so that these laws help them use and abuse masses. Money lenders back such people to become rulers and mullahs who bring about laws that further their interests at the expense of masses and the same is done by mullahs. This is how these people invent tricks and mechanisms to use and abuse masses with help of each other in order to keep masses confused. This is why these people do not allow education and free thinking because they know if masses became educated them they will lose their positions of power in human societies because masses will go for community life and will prefer to live as a brotherhood of humanity. This is why these people keep people divided through funding different religions and sects and political parties and groups as well as various economic systems. Not each and everything is done consciously by each and every person in the world but that once a way of doing things is put in place by people in power and it becomes adopted by masses then people just live by it instead of questioning its legitimacy. This continues till problems caused by it start surfacing and keep on increasing that a large past of masses becomes affected them people rise up against it and try to bring changes but then it is too little and too late because random actions only lead to bloodshed and harm and destruction with little change in actual way of doing things. To bring a big meaningful change needs guidance of Allah and people are not familiar with it so they do not know what to do and how to do it. This is why bloody revolutions keep happening and will continue to happen till most of the people become really familiar with actual teachings of their scriptures.
31) So O ideological children of Adam! Hold onto what gives you blissful, dignified and secure existence in each and every constitutional institution or kingdom by taking part in learning, thinking and doing things according to it so that you do not end up misusing His provisions, surely He supports not any people who misuse His provisions.
Word ZEENAH is from root ZAA, YAA and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is to make use of things in such ways through expression of personal creativity that draws only praises and admiration from those who look at it. Also to look adorable or beautiful, to appear highly useful in being or in action or both, To make something look good; useful or beautiful, ornaments, jewellery, decorations, festival, to present oneself or something else in a beautiful way, to make things look good, useful or beautiful, to rank, to dignify, to arrange things beautifully or in an adorable way, to set-up or do things that make world look beautiful or adorable, to set-up or do things in a way that makes them look beautiful or adorable, to make oneself alluring, to adorn oneself, to make seemingly fair, treasures, valuables, something that makes life blissful; dignified and secure, something that unites mankind and helps them be peaceful, something that helps mankind progress and be prosperous, something that takes away attention of people from other things to itself, the world, the personal gains, vested interests, religion, a beautiful way of life etc etc.
In this verse the Quran is telling mankind to make sure that they stick with guidance of Allah and bring about for themselves a beautiful world by using things that are provided to mankind properly. If people set-up proper kingdoms and institutions and run them properly then in due course a beautiful world is bound to come about is promise of Allah. After all you get what you work for and you do not get what you do not work for.
32) Say, who dares to declare unlawful in the name of Allah for any of the people the right to use things in a way to have blissful, dignified and secure existence which Allah brought forth for His human creatures as a provision for their well being? Say, they are for those who commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind as livelihood for life as it is at present but especially for them for the time when rule based upon guidance of Allah will become fully established. That is how We make Our set goals and provided guidelines clear for people who make efforts to learn and understand them properly so that they carry them out faithfully.
33) Say, my Creator and Sustainer has forbidden harmful and destructive participation only- by some against the others for personal gains that ends up involving the whole human community in doom and gloom regardless any such act is carried out by anyone in public or in private -and rebellion against the kingdom based upon His guidance without any justification as well as to attribute any other way of life to Allah for which He has sent no proof and saying things about Allah about which one has no information or understanding.
Here Allah is condemning rulers, mullahs, money lenders, their touts and supporters wholesale and tells mankind that no law by anyone should be taken as proper who forbids what Allah tells people to have or to do or who makes lawful what Allah forbids people to have or to do. The rule is made clear as explained already what should be taken as lawful and why and what should be taken as unlawful and why. This verse also makes it very clear that law of Allah will only become effective if people will spread the message and gain support for a proper human community which then should bring about the kingdom in which laws of Allah are enforced for the well being of mankind. One cannot live by law of Allah when there is no real state for people who want to live by law of Allah. So one can see stupidity of mullahs who think ummah does not need any place to live by law of Allah. This is because mullahs take Islam as a make belief system with useless rituals. Even these make beliefs and rituals are going to cause problems for mankind because they interrupt human daily lives. By living by make beliefs and rituals people who claim to be followers of the Quran are making their own lives hell as well as of those who live with them but are nonMuslims. So following rulers, mullahs and money lenders is not going to be easy as human population increases and poverty with it and some people rise and up and force others to change their ways. Humanity is gradually moving towards a major clash between interests of rulers, money lenders and mullahs and the masses. Only time will tell what is going to be the outcome of this clash if it really happens but rulers, mullahs and money lenders may change their minds when push comes to shove.
34) For each nation there is a fixed term governed by setup universal systems and laws of Allah and that is why the end of their term can neither be delayed for a moment nor can it be brought about earlier.
Verses like this one, explain how universe is set up to work so that people become aware of it and do things accordingly to get the results they wish to get. Make beliefs and useless rituals will not render results that people desire rather they must work for what they need or want out of life. If you do not work for what you want then you do not get it. Also you get what you work for and not something else, that is why if you sow wheat you do not end up reaping plums.
35) So O children of Adam! Whenever there come to you messengers from among you proclaiming to you My set goals for you as well as provided guidelines those who will become consistent with them in their thoughts and actions will have nothing to worry about or to regret.
This Adam is not prophet Adam but the father of human species hence one can replace here word AADAM with humanity. The other point is, these messengers are not necessarily people chosen by Allah directly for his mission but ordinary people who have been passed on missionary responsibility by their God sent messengers to carry on with their mission till the end of time. In other words such verses do not mean continuation of messenger-ship or prophethood from Allah. It is because there is no mention of any new book or messenger from Allah after the Quran and prophet Muhammad as was usually the case when prophethood continued.
36) However those who will reject Our goals and guidelines instead of becoming consistent with them seeking dominance over each other by trying to undermine each other for personal gains in due course will end up consumed by fire of hatred among themselves and they will remain in that state of existence unless and until they turn to Our guidance and reform accordingly.
The Quran keeps repeating that it is some people from among mankind themselves who misinterpret and misrepresent divine message for personal gains at the expense of proper human community. Is it then any problem to identify such people who they are? Of course not , because people who seek dominance over others to enslave them in different ways for their own ends are obvious to everyone who has a bit of awareness of what is going on in the world. These people are not hidden from public view rather they are flashy people who laugh at rest of human community by not being targeted by it for their uses and abuses of it at their will. This is why these people are called shayaateen or Satans (ie leading people who oppose rule based upon guidance of Allah) because they play with human emotions every way they can each and every day. This is why masses must educate each other out of this situation and bring change to their world for the better. Dominant people try their best to deny everything to masses from education to dignified life or even death. By denying people access to divine program they deny them their rights by keeping them ignorant about their God given rights. Since people are ignorant about their God given rights they do not stand up for themselves to demand these rights of their rulers. So no matter what education of masses has to be priority if for people who wish to change the world for the better.
37) Who can be more harmful and destructive than the one who invents lies against Allah or rejects living for His set goals according to His provided guidelines? Such are the people for whom the forewarning in the scripture becomes a reality as outcome of their thoughts and actions. This keeps on happening till there come to them Our missionaries to fulfil to them Our forewarning in full while asking them, where are those rulers, priests and money lenders according to whose way of life based upon personal gains at the expense of each other you lived your lives instead of living by way of life advised by Allah? Their reply to them is, they have led us to this chaos and confusion and that is how they bear evidence against themselves and their rulers, priests and money lenders that they have indeed lived their lives in opposition to way of life advised by Us.
Each time one reads a verse saying people attribute lies to Allah, one has to stop and ask the question, what is this lie Allah is talking about? It is lie of religions ie rulers, mullahs and money lenders together have created a way of life in form of religions and secularisms in order to confuse people and thereby divide them and rule them like donkeys. All religions are makes beliefs and useless rituals invented by mullahs but attributed to scriptures which are actually scriptures about how people are supposed to live their lives properly in this world as a proper human community as already explained. All such verses in all the scriptures condemn rulers, priests and money lenders as liars and tricksters who mislead mankind to use and abuse them for their own ends. This is how the Quran helps people understand what is written in other scriptures in the world.
38) So they are told by Our missionary team, now face the similar results of your thoughts and actions as of those harmful and destructive parities who passed away before you from among rulers, priests, money lenders, their touts and supporters who lived their lives on basis of personal gains at the expense of each other and ended up destroyed through mutual hatred and strife. Each and every party that enters way of life based upon personal gains at the expense of each other ends up inflicting harms and destructions upon each other and upon any party that lives the same way. That is the way they carry on living one after the other till all of such parties join together in adopting the very same way of life that leads them to terrible state of existence and that is how each of them that comes after the one before it expresses its rage against the one before it saying to Our missionary team, our keeper! These people have led us away from the way of life advised by Allah therefore double their painful suffering. So they are told, it is double for all of you who deserve it because you are a people who decided to remain ignorant of goals and guidelines of Allah and did what you were warned against.
In some verses of the Quran word RABB is not used for Allah but others eg parents, guardians, teachers, care takers, captors or prison guards etc as well. In these verses a situation is mentioned which occurs when kingdom based upon guidance of Allah becomes a reality and administrators of this kingdom take actions against people who use and abuse their people to free them of their use and abuse. If people adhere to message and join the community then fine but if it comes to use of force then people responsible for wrong doing are captured and punished for their crimes against humanity. So the dialogues in these verses are of that nature.
39) That is why each predecessor community says to its successor, you have not done any better than us so you too taste the consequences for your own harmful and destructive actions.
In our world people see what their earlier and later generations are doing because many a time there are seven generations of people present in the world all at the same time. It is therefore possible for them to be critical of each other. Children can see what wrongs their parents’, grandparents’ and great grandparents’ generations did and parents can also see what wrongs the generations of their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren are doing and where all of them are ending up. Just as bad parents curse their children for their harmful and destructive actions so the bad children also curse their parents for not bringing them up sensibly and so the story goes. The only way to end this cycle of mutual hatred and strife is to change mindsets, attitudes and behaviours of human generations through self awareness and study of real world realities in light of divine message.
40) Surely those who reject abiding by Our set goals according to provided guidelines and instead try to dominate each other by undermining each other for personal gains, ways to accomplishing higher objectives do not open for them so they can never achieve state of existence required of them unless and until they go through complete transformation of mindset, attitude and behaviour to be consistent with Our advised way of life. That is how Our set-up systems and laws confront those who think and act against Our advised way of life.
Word YALIJA is from root WOW, LAAM and JEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is to enter something in some sense. Also to entre gradually, to enter gradually, to enter into some tight place, to enter a difficult situation or a set of circumstances, to rely on something or someone, to have confidence in something or someone, land depression, valley, cave, door, entrance, doorway, to cause to enter, close friend, associate, to penetrate, to enter an agreement, to enter a friendship, to enter a state or condition, to raise a phenomenon, to make something happen, to change state or condition or phenomenon, to enter a mood, to enter a state of mind; attitude or behaviour etc etc.
Word JAMALU is from root JEEM, MEEM and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is something highly useful; durable and beautiful. Also something highly valuable, something that lasts, something that is adorable, camel, grace, beauty, elegance, to adorn, to make beautiful, to have good character, to be kindly, to ask nicely, to treat well, group or party of people, sentence, to add together, total, entirety, thick rope, gracious, generous, amicable, charitable, free of rancour, free of bitterness, comely, goodly, worthy, fitting, copper, all at once, whole etc etc.
Word SAMMI is from root SEEN, MEEM and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is something that can cause damage or destruction. Also poison, venom, pollutant, corrupting, to have harmful effect or influence, to diminish activity of something, to prevent something from action, pore of the body, very small hole, eye of the needle, hot, dust-carrying wind, people close to the self, scorching wind, cold wind, hole of the ear or nose, anything light and sharp, body pore, a place of entry into something, something that penetrates something etc etc.
Word KHIYAAT is from root KHAA, YAA and TWAA. Concrete meaning of this root is something that links something to something. Also thread, wire, string, rope, chain, to sew, to stitch up, to join things together in some way, to relate things to each other in some way, to connect things together in some way, needle, tailor, tailoring, streak, line , thick rope, to join things, colour, party, a line or mark or smear or band differentiated by colour of texture from its surroundings, an inherent contrasting quality, a stretch, an unbroken series, to rush, to run naked in public, a trace, a flash leaving a visible line or after effect, to do something rapidly or suddenly or quickly etc etc.
Here it is made very clear that so long as people will not learn about proper way of living their lives in this world and deny each other access to proper information and its proper understanding, the world will not become a great place because so many people will not be able to participate in it to make it a the best possible place. It is because a lot of manpower will be wasted doing things any other way due to mutual hatred and strife. If two people will keep fighting each other for dominance than when will they have time to do what they really need to do to make progress and be prosperous? So finding way to unity for peace is absolutely essential for mankind to begin with so that humanity could unite and put in place other useful programs that help it progress and prosper, so one can see where the Quran wants to lead mankind. By adopting any other way of life people become stuck in rivalries therefore in animosities that lead to mutual hatred and wars.
41) Due to adopting harmful and destructive ways of life they become stuck in life of painful suffering that envelops them from the start to the finish. That is how We make those who inflict harms and destructions upon each other against Our program, constitution and law face the results of their actions.
These verses are talking about slow process of learning as explained already whereby people drag each other kicking and screaming for change instead of educating themselves and moving ahead of time by preparing for things to come in advance. If people were not made to face the results of their own actions then mankind could not have learned anything to change things for the better because then they will have no reason to make them change their ways and those who still fail are eliminated by laws of nature. In other words main motivation for change comes from fear of what is going to keep on happening if things are not changed for the better ie people will get what they do not want or they will not get what they want. It is because people make mistakes and see the results of their actions that help them do better next time. However, this only works for people who think properly because their standard by which they live is based upon observation of realities of real world. People who fall victims to make beliefs and useless rituals never come out that state of mind because they assume they are right and what is happening to them ought to happen to them because that is the way their creator and sustainer wants things to happen. This is how mullahs program or indoctrinate people in order to make them do harmful and destructive things against each other in the name of God by making those acts look as good deeds worth huge rewards. This is why religions and mullahs are very dangerous people and the real dangerous people behind all this are rulers who are put in place by money lenders. This is why secular democracy is not a good way to adopt for living because it is based upon power struggle between people and whenever and wherever there is element of power struggle between people some try to dominate others by trying to undermine each other and that leads humanity downhill through a downward spiral based upon tit for tat thoughts and actions. This is why only proper education and training for living in this world can get mankind into frame of mind that is needed for bringing about a blissful, dignified and secure existence.
42) On the contrary those who commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind and work hard to remove rifts from between people to unite them for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind We never burden them with responsibility of goals and guidelines but for increasing their chances for greater accomplishments, because such are the people who can bring about the kingdom based upon Our guidance for their blissful, dignified and secure existence wherein they can abide for as long as they live.
43) That is how We remove whatever ills they have in their minds against one another. Rivers of love, respect and livelihood flow between them because they express through their character and conduct that sovereignty truly belongs to Allah who provided us with guidance to accomplish all this, because we could never have achieved all this had Allah not guided us. The messengers of our Creator and Sustainer surely came to us with the true plan that we were able to turn into reality. That is how they will hear some people saying to others among them, this is the blissful, dignified and secure life providing kingdom which you have inherited because of your own hard works.
44) The people in blissful kingdom will call out to the dwellers on way of life that lands them into life of painful suffering saying, we have indeed found the promise of our Creator and Sustainer fulfilled, have you too found the promise of your Creator and Sustainer fulfilled? Yes, they will answer and a crier among them will reply, the universal set-up systems and laws of Allah that govern the existence and operation of the universe always keep away those who inflict harms and destructions upon each other for personal gains at the expense of each other from the blissful, dignified and secure life.
45) Such as stop people from living their lives the way they are advised by Allah by replacing it with make beliefs and useless rituals. That is because they prevent themselves from knowing about the future effects of their such actions upon them and their coming generations.
46) So there is a clear difference between thoughts and actions of these two groups of people. It is because at the heights of excellence in terms of knowledge, character and conduct are to be administrators who are able to recognize all the people capable of working for blissful, dignified and secure existence by their characters and features. They are to welcome those who can work for blissful, dignified and secure existence saying to them, achieving unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind depends upon your thoughts and works! They will not have accomplished their objective yet though they will have the true commitment and confidence to do so.
This verse is telling mankind a very important things that people with knowledge are the people who should be listen to when decisions are made for community affairs. It is because these people can recognise useful people in the community who should be put in place for running the community affairs of that community so that it could be led to successful life. These people are wise because they look at things and people in light of real world realities for the benefit of human community. They know which people are harmful and destructive for community life, so they will always advise community to keep them in check and out of community affairs just like Iblees was kept in check and out of community affairs by prophet Adam. As soon as some of his people fell victim to opponent of the way of life advised by Allah the kingdom fell apart. So it is of fundamental importance to have the right people for the job who are capable of fulfilling the task. This is why the Quran keeps emphasising importance of education and training before trying to draw any kind of action plan to carry it out. Mullahs have been confusing ummah that is why despite all hard works state of existence of ummah is terrible because people are doing things as told by their rulers, mullahs and money lenders. The day people start understanding the message of the Quran themselves independent of mullahs, they will come out of confusion and be able to draw an action plan and be able to carry it out in due course.
47) It is because when their eyes based on wisdom through life experience and revelation will turn towards the people who work for making their lives hell for themselves and others they will say, our Creator and Sustainer! Do not make us a part of these people who inflict harms and destructions upon each other for personal gains at the expense of each other by transgressing against Your advised way of life for human community.
48) That is why people at the heights of excellence will call out to certain people among them whom they will recognize by their features saying, have you found out that neither your use and abuse of each other through wealth, power and indoctrination nor through your having positions of influence over people have availed you?
49) Are the people who have brought about a blissful, dignified and secure life providing kingdom for themselves not the very same people about whom you used to swear that Allah will never bestow His blessings upon them in form of unity, peace, progress and prosperity? So enter you too the way of life advised by Allah that leads to blissful, dignified and secure life so that you too have nothing to worry about or to regret.
50) So the people working towards life of painful suffering and destruction will call out to those working towards life of unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind saying, give us some drink of heavenly knowledge or some food for thought that Allah has provided you with so that we too could get out of our misery into a blissful, dignified and secure life. They will say, Allah has certainly let both of these things slip away from the reach of people who have not learned from their life experiences and who have opposed way of life advised by Him,
51) such people as took their harmful ambitions and destructive desires for the way of life as make beliefs and useless rituals which proved deceptive for them in contrast to Our set goals and provided guidelines for living their lives in this world properly. That is why We let them fail in making progress at the time of outcome of their thoughts and actions just as they failed to see coming about of this situation in time if they continued along the path they chose for themselves in form of separation between rule based upon guidance of Allah and the kingdom through invention of religion. All this happened because they ignored proper study of Our revealed goals and guidelines and argued against them senselessly.
Very strong condemnation of separation between right of Allah to rule his kingdom and the kingdom by people who had the ambition to rule others ie the rulers, mullahs and money lenders. Word LAHW stands for make beliefs and word LAIBAA stand for useless religious rituals and ceremonies held by state regimes whereby rulers are put on thrones to rule the masses to use and abuse them for their own personal goals. Allah is never against ideas or creativity of people nor what they do to make their world beautiful for each other because that is why he revealed the Quran. Here he is condemning something that replaces his advised way of life and that is religion and the ideology of people ruling people through personal power or money power or make belief based power etc etc.
52) Surely We sent for them a book in which We detailed things based upon Our knowledge of things as a guidance towards blissful, dignified and secure life for those who commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
53) So, what are these people waiting for other than the yet worse results of their own terrible thoughts and actions? When the time for results of their thoughts and actions comes upon any people those who have been disregarding it end up saying, surely the messengers of our Creator and Sustainer did come with a mission set out for them that turns into reality in due course. So are there any interveners now who could intervene on our behalf or is there a way we could be sent back in time so that we do not do as we have done before. In fact, such people are lost in themselves and the things they invent against way of life advised by Allah leave them in the lurch.
Word TAWEELAH is from root ALIF, WOW and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is to make proper sense of something. Also to explain, to interpret, to expand in detail, to infer or imply or deduce, returning or resorting or reverting or referring to, to reduce something to something, to hail from, to precede, to go first or to be first or foremost, to process, reference, to deduce significance of an ambiguous text, consequences or outcome or end result, realisation or coming true or fulfilment of some thought or word, effect, people or folk or family or dependents or followers or household, first or previous or former or earlier, past people or generations, to come back to, original, real, estimation, evaluation, to be responsible for, to take responsibility for, to rule, to become a ruler or care taker, to become guardian or manager or organiser of a people, the first most or the last most etc etc.
54) Surely your Creator and Sustainer is Allah Who planned and designed as well as originated and evolved all the galaxies including this galaxy in successive stages and by this right He claimed and established His sovereignty over the kingdom of the universe. He causes the phenomenon of night and day by way of a complex mechanism whereby each seeks the other in rapid succession and likewise through His set-up systems and laws He made subservient to His plan the sun and the moon as well as the stars. Be aware that to originate things and set them tasks is only and only His right and responsibility alone. Blessed is Allah with such capabilities and rights as well as responsibilities the Creator and Sustainer of all the nations in the world.
Word SITTA has two roots SEEN, TAA and TAA as well as SEEN, DAAL and SEEN. Concrete meaning of this root means six or sixth or sixty or a starting point in time as oppose to finishing time. Also a simple state of existence of something that evolves or develops with time into a complex or sophisticated thing, a tapered process or thing or state that gets better or worse with time, dark days that gradually become bright with time, time period of ignorance that changes into time period of knowledge gradually with time, a sound that results as a result of regressive assimilation between the sound, echo, imitation, reflection, repetition of something with decreased or increased amplitude or magnitude, sympathetic response, consequence or repercussion, a ramp or something like a ramp in some sense, slope etc etc.
Word YATLUB is from root TWAA, LAAM and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to go after something. Also to seek, to search for, to set out, to pursue, to request, prospecting, to petition for, something sought after, the wanted, the desired, suitor, eagle, to hunt for, bird of prey, succeed, to be a successor, to follow etc etc.
Word HASEESAA is from root HAA, SAA and SAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to urge something to move on. Also to motivate or inspire something to do something, to spur on, to be fast, energetic, agitation, continuous movement, motion swift or brisk or rapid, to make something move on fast or constantly, cyclic motion, rotation, a movement involving going round and round, something that is part of mechanical process or movement mechanism, the process of continuous change in physical position of an object, operation or function, formal proposal, an application made for a ruling, mental impulse, to start something to work, melodic ascent and descent of pitch, excrement, the evacuation of the bowels, the capacity for movement etc etc.
55) So invite mankind wisely and sincerely to way of life advised by your Creator and Sustainer O people because He support not those who go against His set limits,
56) therefore conspire not to create rifts and wars between people in the world after rifts between mankind have been removed instead refer to and rely upon His set-up systems and laws regarding all matters that worry you or you desire. Surely the blissful, dignifying and life securing program revealed by Allah will always make possible to do so for those who seek to create a beautiful world for themselves as a community.
57) That is why He sends through His set-up systems and laws winds bearing water vapour as good news of His blessings for mankind. Until they become heavy clouds which We move along to a dead land and make the rain fall upon it and bring forth all kinds of fruits and growth thereby. Likewise We raise the nations that are dead back to life through rain of heavenly revelation so that you the mankind become a people who learn things properly and remind each other to do the same.
The revealed message of Allah is called heavenly because it draws attention of people to higher goals in life than just living and dying like animals.
58) The soil prepares well according to program of Allah yields rich produce but the soil left unattended a barren land yields nothing but poor produce. That is how We explain Our goals and guidelines for mankind so that they could become a people who make proper use of things for their own well being.
These verses need to be interpreted in wider context of all kinds of developments and progress eg biological, psychological and sociological etc etc. They have political, social, cultural and economic implications for mankind as explained already.
59) Indeed We sent Noah to his people and he said to them, O my people! Serve program, constitution and law of Allah because there is no ruler for you save Him. This I say because the way you live your lives, I fear for you the coming of time of harm and destruction upon you as a result of your own course of actions.
60) The state and religious chiefs of his nation said, surely we see that you are in manifest error.
61) He replied, O my people! I am not in error on the contrary I am a messenger from the Creator and Sustainer of the nations of the world.
62) I am appointed to deliver the message of my Creator and Sustainer to give you a friendly advice for I am made aware by Allah about something that you do not know.
63) Do you wonder that there has come to you a message from your Creator and Sustainer through a man from among yourselves to forewarn you so that you become consistent with rule based upon guidance of Allah for the benefit of human community by receiving His blissful, dignifying and life securing program, constitution and law and acting upon it?
64) But they denied all that he told them so We saved him and all who were with him in the same boat and let the rest destroy themselves who refused to live for Our set goals according to Our provided guidelines. Surely they were a crowd of deaf, dumb and blind people.
65) Likewise for people of Aad We sent their brother Hood who said to them, O my people! Establish the rule based upon guidance of Allah because you have no ruler other than Him. Will you then not be consistent with Him as well as each other for your own well being?
66) The political and religious chiefs of his nation who opposed his message said, we can see that you are crazy and we think that you are lying.
Note the most important point in this verse ie who are the people who are arguing against prophet Hood? They are tribal chiefs, wealthy people from among the tribes and their priests. In other words all top leadership is one in opposing the message delivered by Hood. Since leaders are opposing the message their followers are also doing the same as blind followers of their leaders. This does not mean there are no sensible people among these people but they are not very many and this is what makes work of the messenger of Allah much more difficult. The basic danger is that messenger of Allah is treated as a traitor by his community leadership because he does not accept their way of life and challenges them for a change by giving up a lot of advantages they have over their masses. The whole argument between the parties is basically about coming back to deen of Allah by giving up mazhab or religion or make beliefs and useless rituals.
67) He replied, O my people, I am not crazy on the contrary I am a messenger from the Creator and Sustainer of all the nations in the world.
68) I am conveying the message of my Creator and Sustainer to you and I am a well wisher and sincere adviser for you towards blissful, dignified and secure life.
69) Or are you surprised that a message from your Creator and Sustainer has come to you through one of your own men to forewarn you about the consequences of living the way you do for fulfilling your needs and wants? Remember that He made you successors after the people of Noah and gave you a tall stature among nations or best status compared to other people till you remained on His path. Therefore learn and spread goals and guidelines that you have received from Allah, so that you could develop, progress and prosper again as you once did.
This verse is telling these people that you were once upon a time a great people because you followed the way of life that was advised by Allah and you can do it again if you do the very same again. You should not be surprised that a human being has come to you as a messenger of Allah because the messenger who left you with the book of Allah was also a human being from among the people themselves. So if you want a blissful, dignified and secure existence then learn the message and do as it says and spread it for the well being of other people also.
70) They replied, have you come to us with the demand that we abide by rule based upon guidance of Allah alone and give up those rulers whom our forefathers have been serving? Well, bring us what you are threatening us with if what you say is true!
People instead of trying to understand the message respond in an arrogant way due to their domineering mindset, attitude and behaviour. The message is that if you will not change your way of doing things then you are going to end up in trouble in due course just like people of Noah before. The reply is bring upon us the troubles you are talking about. One can see that these people have been programmed by priesthood that any person who claims to be from God has to be a supernatural being or with supernatural powers who can do anything he wants. So this person who is claiming to be a messenger from Allah is not really a messenger of Allah because if he really was then he will be able to do what we are asking him to do. Since this person cannot do what we ask therefore he is a false claimant of messengership from Allah. This is exactly what scientists and philosophers and political scientists and social scientists and all others are doing even today ie they are deciding each and everything based upon the assumptions they have been instilled by mullahs about God and scriptures. By doing this they think they can defeat God not realising the impact of their stupidity upon humanity in the real world. Instead of killing mullaism and religions they are trying to kill the actual message of the scriptures. A clear proof what is taught in educational institutions as education ie stuff to brainwash people to remain slaves of rulers, mullahs and money lenders. The real education will be about self awareness and about awareness of universal realities and on top of that research should have been carried out on what scriptures really teach in their actual texts in their proper contexts. Teaching stuff invented by mullahs and attributing to the scriptures is not real work on the scriptures but a nonsense of such researches. Shame on such people who think of themselves as scholars of scriptures and those who accept their nonsense and those who fund them.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:30 PM
71) Hud said, you have already fallen in pain and suffering by going against the rule based upon guidance of your Creator and Sustainer. Are you disputing with me over personalities which you and your forefathers have erected and taken as rulers about whom being authority Allah has revealed no proof? So if you will then wait for yet more serious consequences for your course of actions I too will wait along with you.
Once a people go off the track and refuse to educate themselves about things then the only choice parties have is to wait and see what happens as time goes on but the problem with that is, meanwhile humanity keeps on suffering and when troubles actually break out then retracing steps back from the brink of destruction is unlikely to work. So it is not a good idea to wait for that time. Moreover people are not supposed to take people as Gods because that is what personality cult is all about. People just take certain people as idols and they worship them thereby down grade themselves. If anyone is good then that is good and his reward rests with Allah and all people can do is acknowledge such a person for what he did for the well being of humanity but in no way such a person should be thought of as something supernatural or with supernatural powers. That is where people cross the limit and then start seeking help of such people regarding fulfilling of their needs even after such people have passed away. This is not how the Quran explains what deen means in the Quranic context. It is not wrong to help each other fulfil needs of each other because that is what deen based upon the Quran is all about but the way the Quran tells mankind to do so is by way of uniting and working together as a team. By following mullahs people have totally lost sense of how they ought to live their lives so that all needs of each and every person can be fulfilled. The Quran condemns all other way of life as wrong because they cannot fulfil needs of each and every person.
72) At length We saved him and his companions through their actions according to Our set goals and provided guidelines and We let cut off the roots of those who opposed Our goals and guidelines themselves and denied others their rights and access to Our message and other provisions because they did not commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
In all these past stories the same idea is repeated that if people will live by rule based upon guidance of Allah then end results of their actions will benefit them ie they will have unity, peace, progress and prosperity as a proper human community but if they refuse and do as they like then results of their actions will only and only land them into hellhole of their own making. They will remain in that state till they come to guidance of Allah and reform or die away. These verses challenge mankind to prove otherwise if they can. The truth is it is not possible for any nation to avoid consequences of its own actions. Allah never destroys any nation is also clear from these verses. If anything he warns people well in time not to be stupid and use your heads and senses properly and don’t act like animals deaf, dumb and blind thinking we are too clever we cannot be victims of our own actions. People need to realise from these verses that these people are mostly descendents of past generations that were already guided but after some generations they became derailed from the right path and were sent messengers to put them back on same track that they followed but they became so ignorant and stupid that they saw no sense in what they were told by their messengers. So it is always necessary to take interest in learning and teaching things which matter for mankind as a community. People must always learn how to build themselves into nations that are beneficial for mankind as a whole. Once people become ignorant about nation building the humanity becomes lost. This is a good standard to measure number of knowledgeable people in communities.
As for existence of God, this is not a normal case of claim and evidence so it should not be looked at in that context. Here case is very different because we are looking for a cause outside natural causes. Our first hurdle is we are born ignorant and it takes a few decades at least to become self aware and aware of real world realities and to understand existence of ultimate reality is yet more difficult thing to do for us. Since we are not all aware at any stage of our lives therefore we can never be in a position to claim there is no God. Why not? Because each time we learn something new it does not lead us to knowledge that there is no God. Even being reasonable we are not in a position to claim there is no God because reason does not lead to that conclusion either. No matter what atheists claim there is no God because they assume without actually studying the scriptures in their original texts in their proper contexts that they are wrong because they contain so many mistakes in them. Almost all their claims about scriptures are false because they use interpretations by mullahs. The day people who have sense study the scriptures in their original texts in context they will come to realise that scriptures do support each other to a great extent and what priests attribute to the scriptures is almost all false and creation of their own baseless imaginations. To disprove existence of God reasonably we need to show that anything that does not exist already can come into existence all by itself, can we? We need to show that anything that exists can activate itself, can we? We need to show that anything that exists and can activate itself can also design itself into numberless patterns or forms that we see all around us, can we? Therefore all this needs something already existing and that thing has to be an intelligent being well capable of doing things that we see happening all around us.
The other thing to note is existence of a book ie the Quran, we need to come up with arguments solid enough that could prove that the Quran is a human work. Let me now come to another point which is, some of us human beings claim that God does not exist because we can explain how each and everything came about or works. This is a false way of looking at it because if we go into detail of things then we will find that there are a lot of things about which we are not yet sure how they came about or happened even in the natural world. I accept that one day we will be able to explain things a lot better but will that lead to proof that there is no God? No, not at all. It is because as we will study things with time more and more things will be found falling in line with the explanation already given in the Quran. Let me try and explain the point I am trying to make. My point is that a person invents or builds something and does not tell others how he did it. Now other people start looking into it and start figuring out how that thing has been build and works and one day they discover all the secrets as to how someone built that thing, does knowing how thing was built and works eliminate its creator? No. Likewise even if we become aware of all we can yet the question will remain, did this whole thing pop into existence and working the it does all by itself?
Then we have a book that explains its origin and purpose, in fact the whole plan, all these like points tell us that we have yet a lot to learn before we could even try to justify the idea of no God. What people need to understand is the fact that what we call education is not truly education but a process of brainwashing of mankind by ruling elite, priestly class and money lenders through their touts and supporters. It is a process of massive scale misinformation to cause chaos and confusion so that these people could continue their rule so that deen of Allah may not become a reality for as long as they can keep things that way. Mullahs always led this campaign because this is first line of attack on deen of Allah and his scripture. Once deen is eliminated by putting mazhab in place then all the rest follows. People are not growing up to try and see overall picture or context of things. It is therefore of vital importance to ask the question, What is deen? It is based upon goals set by Allah for humanity to accomplish according to his provided guidelines. The whole idea is to spread the message of brotherhood and organise humanity into a united human community using the Quran as a program for accomplishing the set goals as a community based upon the Quran as its constitution and its law to regulate it. The idea is to bring humanity together as a single family in order to manage human population and resources for production and distribution of goods and services for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind. This is why the Quran challenges mankind to bring a better way of life than the one told about in the Quran, if you can then you have disproved the Quran and you are free to do as you please. However it also tells us in advance that we can never do that even if we all joined together. Can one therefore see why the Quran claims that it has solutions for all the problems humanity will ever face? It is because it puts mankind on a track that leads to unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind. This is why once you are on that track you will come to know problems and be able to solve them also. Therefore people must get to know the Quran and other scriptures in light of real world realities and see what they get.
73) For the people of Thamud We sent their brother Saaleh who said to them, O my people! Establish the rule based upon guidance of Allah because you have no ruler other than Him. Surely a clear proof has come to you from your Creator and Sustainer, this foundation of Allah in form of a program for your recovery to be as you once were when you used to follow His guidance, so let it rule freely in the land of Allah and approach it not with harmful and destructive intentions for using and abusing each other in case you end up in grip of painful suffering through inflicting harms and destructions upon each other.
Word NAAQAH is from root NOON, WOW and QAAF. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is cable of carrying burden or something that can provide some solid foundation for something. This is why this root has meaning of beast of burden or she-camel or something elegant, something that is pleasant to look at, something that makes something amicable or dainty, a way of requital or repayment or compensation, something nice or solid or pure, something that is detailed etc etc.
Divine revelation is capable of providing mankind with solid foundation for basing their way of life upon hence it is called NAAQAH because it is a program, a constitution and a law all in one.
74) So remember how you were made to succeed Aad by settling in their land capable of building mansions in the valleys and carving out homes in the mountains. Therefore strive hard to learn and spread the message of Allah instead of spreading divisions and wars in the land by working against each other.
75) The dominant political and religious people from his nation asked the oppressed and submissive masses among them who had committed themselves to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind; do you know if Saleh has been really sent as a messenger by his Creator and Sustainer? They replied, we have truly committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind on the basis of guidance with which he has been sent.
Here it should be noticed that when chiefs ask people about prophethood of Saaleh they instead talk about the message he is sent with. A proof that deen is not based upon persons but the message from Allah. This is why the Quran asks people in case of last messenger that if he dies or his mission fails to become a reality in his life time will you then turn back from the deen he is sent with. Messengers from Allah and their missionary followers do not matter when it comes to continuation of deen of Allah because people die away and leave behind the message of Allah for continuation of missionary struggle. So message of Allah is the important thing for people to learn and live by and spread it.
76) The people in position of power and influence among them said, we reject and oppose all that on basis of which you have committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
77) That is how they blocked the way to implementation of rule based upon guidance of Allah and defied the sovereignty of their Creator and Sustainer and challenged Saaleh saying, bring the destruction you have warned us about if you truly are of the messengers.
This is repeated in the Quran that each time a people were told to behave properly with each other as a good human community, the dominant people in a community always opposed the idea of community spirit, they always went for ruling others to use and abuse them at will for personal gains. This worked for each nation for a time but then as corruption, use and abuse spread widely the communities ended up destroyed by hands of each other. Not only that but as a community became weak through internal strives the outsiders found it easier target and enslaved it as well. So people who do not live by community spirit soon become victims of their own ways of life because their own masses rise up against them and so people who think they are immoveable are over thrown in no time and trampled under feet.
78) At length the uprising took them by surprise thus new era dawned in their institutions under their jurisdiction uprooting their rule.
79) That is why at length Saaleh moved away from them saying, O my people! I did indeed convey to you the message of my Creator and Sustainer and gave you a good advice but you love not those who give you advice that is beneficial for a people as a whole.
80) Moreover We sent Lot who said to his people at the time, why do you approach life in a way whereby you take away things of each other for personal gains by inflicting harms and destructions upon each other to such degree that no people before you reached this height of cruelty through inflicting harms and destructions upon each other in the world known to us?
Word FAAHISHAH is from root FAA, HAA and SHEEN. As explained already this root means mixing two or more things in such a way that they become diluted so they end up losing their originality or recognition or purity. In the Quranic context this word has meaning of adulteration and the reason is because people who were originally put on right path by their earlier divine messenger over a period of time became distant from the right path because they fell victim to confusion that was created by their people in positions of power eg rulers, priests and moneylenders through misinterpretations and misrepresentations of divine scriptures etc. Since any other way of life people live by lands them in hell of their own making due to their mistreatment of each other this is why any other way of life which is opposite of the way of life advised by Allah for mankind is named FAAHISHAH because it is adopted in place of the proper way of life by mixing truth and falsehood in the name of Allah. This is what religions and religious sects are whereupon people divide humanity to cause troubles for each other. Whenever people create troubles for each other the first victims are weak people among them eg weaker men, women, old folk and children etc.
The question to ponder here is, how do people lose the right way of life? It is because Islamic way of life is an open way of life for all people to enter into. Since it gives people a good life to begin with, so it falls victim to its own success when the rest of the world is yet living by other ways of life that lead them to hell of their own making. Once hell breaks loose they try to escape it by looking for somewhere better to settle in. That is how people move in a rush to an Islamic state if there is one and because Muslim community is only a small community compared to rest of humanity, it is quickly swamped by new entrants educating whom to bring them up to the standard is not easy. This creates a state of confusion and then others take advantage of this situation and set up themselves as rulers and then put in place priests to secure their rule and then land and property or wealth becomes a means to control people through controlling their livelihood. This way originally established divine kingdom is lost and world is once more thrown back into chaos and confusion by authoritarianism and imperialism. That is how more prophets were raised to put thing right again and again. In those times to preserve divine messages was not easy and nor was it easy to spread them widely. However with time mankind progressed and things became easier bit by bit so much so that today things are very different from what they originally were. This change will continue for many generations yet to come. Human world is not as ignorant as it was once upon a time but there is still a lot that needs to be done to educate everyone throughout the world. Without everyone having education and doing all one can, humanity cannot make progress full speed ahead. So long as humanity lives short of this goal, it cannot attain full prosperity therefore peace in the world. This is why the message of the Quran must be given all necessary attention. So long as humanity will commit excesses with respect to divine message, it will remain stuck in its ways and communities will keep ending in self destructions.
Only people who study universal realities and on that basis divine message can succeed in real world. Why? Because when you were born the first thing you learned was how to use your brain and then how to use your senses and then your limbs and rest of body etc. After that you learned to interact with other things in your environment. It shows very clearly that first man must learn real world realities before he can make sense of divine message. The divine message does not teach man basics that man has to learn all by himself and that is why he is given a brain that is capable of self programming like a self programming robot. Man does not need revelation for study of things he can find out for himself by interacting with things within the universal environment. Only things beyond his reach he can learn from divine message. This is why people who do not learn about universal realities do not understand the divine message either. First experience of humanity is use of brain and senses and learning by way of interaction with things through trial and error. How many times one tries to sit and falls as a baby? How many times one tries to catch things but keeps failing till one gets to a stage through a lot of practice that one can catch things? Likewise when man has learned to make sense of things only then he can try his hand at making sense of divine message. Once again it is not a straight forward process. It is because God being God gave mankind his messages as statement of facts but man being man has to make many mistakes before man understands the divine message properly. It is because man learns to better himself each moment of the day in his life. Just like scientists makes many mistakes in trying to understand universal realities so people who try to understand the divine message keep making mistakes because all works ever done on divine message were human works. These works were and are needed to help us one day make proper sense of divine message. So each person who has ever done any work on universal realities or on divine revelations has made contribution towards better and better understanding of them both. Each rung on ladder of human success helps extend the ladder. This is why people who put in place next rung on the ladder of success need encouragement not condemnation.
81) You the influential people bring to power people full of harmful and destructive ambitions and desires instead of people who are submissive to way of life advised by Allah, surely you are a people who transgress beyond set limits.
82) The influential people of his nation had no reasonable response to his argument but instead they said to their masses, drive these people out of your township because they are a people who are given to the idea of cleaning up your township of things they see wrong in there!
83) So We rescued him and all his people from harms and destructions of these people except party of his leading people and their following for this party was of those who regressed to their own destruction beyond rescue.
84) because We let loose upon them problems like rain due to their course of actions therefore see what was the end result of actions of those who inflicted harms and destructions upon each other?
Each time a population perishes it is due to its own failure in following the right course of actions that raises people to heights of blissful, dignified and secure existence. When a people fail they become surrounded by problems which lead them to dead end.
85) Likewise for Madyan We sent their brother Shuaib who said, O my people! Live by the rule based upon guidance of Allah because there is no sovereign other than Him. There has indeed come to you a clear standard from your Creator and Sustainer so fulfil your obligations to each other according to this measuring standard that is properly balanced therefore do not withhold things from the people they are rightfully due and do not cause fights and wars thereby in the land after everything has been set in order. This is for your own benefit if you are really committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
86) Therefore do not sit in ambush on every path threatening with animosity and hindering from following the program, constitution and law of Allah those who commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind thereby seeking to turn it into an unworkable system of make beliefs and useless rituals. Remember how He multiplied you when you were a few in numbers and think also about what was the end of the warmongers and conspirators in nations before you.
87) So if there is a group among you who commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind on the basis of that with which I have been sent with and another group who do not commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind then be steadfast each of you on your courses of actions respectively until set-up systems and laws of Allah decide the matter between us because He is best of those who decide the issues.
88) The people in positions of power in his nation said, O Shuaib! We will certainly drive you and those who have committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind along with you out of our land or you will have to abide by rules we have in place as our tradition. He replied, What! Will you make us live by your tradition even though we detest it because it is harmful and destructive for our human community?
89) We will indeed be attributing a lie to Allah if we accept to abide by your harmful and destructive tradition after Allah has rescued us from it by giving us His own program, constitution and law. So it is not possible for us to return to your way of life rather that is the plan of Allah Our Creator and sustainer for us, and wisdom of our Creator and Sustainer encompasses everything therefore we rely upon set-up systems and laws of Allah. Therefore our Creator and Sustainer! Decide between us and our nation according to whoever is consistent with your guidance, for You are the best to decide matters between people.
This verse shows what is meaning of abiding by law of Allah. It is not about religions or make beliefs and useless rituals but abiding by rule of law sent by Allah. If a people do not struggle to be able to abide by rule based upon guidance of Allah then all their claims about being believers in God are worthless. Not only that but it also makes clear what rule based upon guidance of Allah is. It is fundamentally about struggling for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind through just, fair and compassionate dealing with each other as a brotherhood of humanity. No rivalry, animosity, hatred, cruelty towards each other. Unless people accept to live by this way of life it is not acceptable to Allah and it should not be acceptable to human community either.
90) The gang leaders who opposed Our guidance from among his people said to their masses, if you will support Shuaib then you will indeed be of the losers.
91) Thereafter in due course the uprising by their victims took them by surprise and the new era in their institutions under their jurisdiction overturned their ruling system.
92) Those who called Shuaib a liar were as though they never ruled therein that is how those who called Shuaib a liar ended up being the real losers.
The ruling elite, their mullahs and moneylenders think very big of themselves but when masses realise things after they become educated enough to see what is really going on with them and who is doing it then revengefulness takes its course and so nation after nation goes through bloody revolutions after bloody revolutions to bring change in their nations for the better.
93) Shuaib left them saying, O my people! I did indeed convey to you the messages of my Creator and Sustainer and I did give you a constructive and beneficial advice sincerely so how can I be sorry for a party of rejecters of rule based upon guidance of Allah and warmongers against it and each other?
94) We never sent a prophet to any township but for the reason that We found its people involved in inflicting harms and destructions upon each other for personal gains so that Our guidance helps them learn to become consistent with Our guidance and with each other.
95) Then if they did, We changed their rivalry and animosity based harmful and destructive actions into actions based upon brotherhood for their own peace, progress and prosperity through their own hard works according to Our given plan till they became very affluent and said, our forefathers also had their adversity and affluence so it has nothing to do with guidance from Allah. So they went back to working against each other and that is how in time We found them taken by surprise by uprising because they paid no attention to what they were doing to each other as a people because they victimised each other.
These verses explain what has been going on in the world ever since humanity came to existence and since Allah revealed his very first message through his very first messenger called Adam. He sent Adam to stop infighting between people and the same message came to the very last messenger called Muhammad and each time a bigger community accepted the message and then went back into inflicting harms and destruction upon each other after its brotherhood came to an end after a while. The message of human brotherhood will become worldwide in due course once humanity loses hope in living its life on basis of rivalries and animosities but so long as it keeps going on the same way there is little chance of guidance of Allah succeeding in convincing people that this is the only way forward for humanity. Only when people get fed up with using and abusing each other that they look for a way out and therefore pay attention to message of unity, peace, progress and prosperity of humanity.
96) Had the residents of the townships committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind and became consistent with Our program, constitution and law and thereby with each other permanently then We will have showered upon them provisions in abundance from the heavens and the earth always but they opposed Our program instead therefore We found them seized by results of their misdeeds every now and then.
97) Have then people of any kingdom ever been able to secure themselves against Our forewarned consequences by living against Our guidance by playing lazy?
When people turn to make beliefs and useless rituals for solution of their real life problems, they are looking for easy solutions for their problems by avoiding real solutions based upon knowledge and knowledge based actions. Mullahs tell people read such and such verse of the Quran so many times at such and such time and then pray sincerely to Allah and your problems will be solved. This is called misdirection because people are told to look for solutions of their problem in the ways that can never work. When people become victims of make belief indoctrination they lose sense of reality and this is why mullahs and religions are very dangerous. If the verses of the Quran had such solutions of problems for people then since the Quran claims to have solutions of all problems then why is it that we need to go to hospitals for operations of major medical problems? All we could do was sit and read certain verses and problems will be solved. People who become disabled due to accidents and lose their limbs or people who need amputations due to diseases can all be avoided. After all the real world systems and laws as set-up by Allah work all the same for all people ie they do not work for some and not others just because some claim to be Muslims or some claim to be nonMuslims. If verses had similar role in solving problems then it will matter not who reads them they will have same effect and all this will be testable. If anything such solutions should prove more effective for nonMuslims in order to convince them about the truth of the Quranic message. This shows why mullahs do not want Muslims to become educated because then mullahs will lose their business whereby they make so much money from ignorant and foolish people who love to live as victims. So people who live by religions inflict harms and destruction upon each other through set up religious tricks and mechanisms.
98) Or have people of any kingdom ever been able to secure themselves against Our forewarned consequences by living against Our guidance by playing crazy?
Crazy people are hyperactive people who do hard work for personal gains through set up political and economic tricks and mechanisms whereby they inflict harms and destructions upon their victims. Just as religion takes people down the poverty lane in every sense of the word its own way so secularism takes people down the poverty lane its own way ie people work like mad to make ends meet but most of them still fail because world cannot become great by sitting and praying nor by hard works based upon personal gain at the expense of each other. This is why human community has to be basis for people to come together and work hard with help of each other to complement each other as already explained.
99) So after all this explanation do these people of yours still think they can achieve unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind without following program, constitution and law of Allah? Not at all, the fact is, no people can achieve unity, peace, progress and prosperity for mankind by ignoring the guidance of Allah other than those who are hell bent on their own destruction.
100) In what happened to people before, is it not obvious for those who occupy the earth after its earlier occupants that We do make nations face the results of their own actions that is why We let nations before face the consequences of their own harmful and destructive actions against each other because their minds remained isolated from what We told them so they heeded not Our warnings?
101) Such like were the townships whose stories We relate to you and certainly their messengers came to them with revelations based upon clear evidences to guide them but they will not commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of human community on that basis because their ancestors rejected the guidance earlier so they blindly followed their behaviour. Likewise Allah finds these people who oppose His guidance mentally isolating themselves from His warnings.
102) Moreover We did not find most of them true to their claim of commitment to rule based upon Our guidance instead We found most of them were rebellious creating divisions who did things they were told not to do.
103) Then at length after them We sent Moses with Our goals and guidelines to Pharaoh and his chiefs but they too treated Our goals and guidelines with contempt so look at what was the end of those who conspired for rifts, fights and wars in the land against Our advice.
104) Thus said Moses, O Pharaoh! I am a messenger from the Creator and Sustainer of all the nations in the world,
105) responsibility has been placed upon me that I proclaim nothing from Allah save that which is to become a reality in due course. I have come to you with a clear message from your Creator and Sustainer and the message is that you let ideological children of Israel abide by rule based upon His guidance along with me.
106) He said, if you have come with any proposal then place it before my counsel if what you claim is worthy of consideration.
107) So he placed His program before the full court of Pharaoh for consideration and it clearly moved the counsel.
108) That is how he smoothly stripped off the cover of power of Pharaoh to expose reality before people that it amazed even those who were present.
109) The chiefs of Pharaoh’s nation said to each other in presence of Pharaoh, this person indeed has great knowledge and skill to transform people and lead them,
110) and maybe he intends to drive you and your people out of your ideological landscape. After knowing all this Pharaoh asks his chiefs, what do you propose how should I deal with this?
111) They said, put him and his brother off for a while and send your messengers to all the cities to gather
112) and bring to you every person skilful and knowledgeable in the art of ideological debate.
113) And that is how came to Pharaoh people who knew the art of ideological debate and said, we must have some suitable reward if we prevail.
114) Yes, he answered and you will certainly become my highly ranked administrators as well.
115) Then they asked Moses, will you go first or should we be the first to go?
116) Moses said, you go first. So when they put forth their proposals and arguments they created a great impression in the eyes of the people by display of great skill in winning peoples' minds.
These people were highly skilled speech deliverers and debaters who captivated minds of people through their speeches as usually is the case with priests and politicians or economists etc etc. All people who are skilled in any field can captivate people who are interested in what they say because that is what they want to hear.
117) So We said to Moses, now put forth your claim and arguments to demonstrate your authorization from us. And behold! It quickly rendered the skills of the competitors' of no consequence.
118) That is how the right of Allah to rule was proven and all that they put forth to justify rule of people by people against it was proven mere falsehood.
119) That is how Pharaoh and his ideological supporters were overwhelmed through reason and made to reflect upon their position
120) and so the masters of art of ideological debate were forced to accept the truth regarding rule based upon guidance of Allah
121) saying, we commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to the program, constitution and law of the Creator and Sustainer of the nations of the world,
122) the Creator and Sustainer of Moses and Aaron.
123) Pharaoh said, how dare you commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind along with Moses before I give you my permission? In fact this is a plot which you all have cooked together to throw our people out of their ideological landscape and take over our kingdom but soon you will come to know the consequences for doing that.
124) Because I will stop your support and your following due to your going against me and as of now I will deal with all of you harshly.
Word QATTIA is from root QAAF, TWAA and AIN. Concrete meaning of this root is to isolate something from something in some way for some reason. Also boycott, cut off, stop, end, close, sever, scatter, part, piece, portion, suffocate, to be out of season, to be scarce, to be out of breath, to buy off, to grant, to allot, to cover a distance, to cut down, to fell, to separate, to travel, to traverse, to tear up, to slash, to divide, to be split asunder, to be cut out, to be fashioned, to become disjoined, to fragment, plots, tracts, pieces, the first third of the night, one who decides or finalises, interrupted, terminated, to cut off ways or means to something, to shut one up by doing someone a favour, to carry out a high way robbery, to cut off relationship, to shut the opponent up in a debate with a decisive argument, something that is clue to cutting off of ties, to cut off diplomatic ties, to sell off an animal, the loss of use of a hand due to some disease, a highly talkative person who stops talking any more, to stop doing something, to be stopped from doing something, to lose hope, to become desperate, to become isolated, imprisoned, to take back the control of something from someone, to take back the right of doing something of someone, to lose one’s right to do something, to sign over one’s rights to someone about something, to write one’s own death warrant , to sign off one’s rights, to end up with hands tied by giving up one’s rights etc etc.
125) They said, we have decided to live by rule based upon guidance of our Creator and Sustainer,
126) and you are threatening to make our lives difficult only because we have committed ourselves to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to goals and guidelines of our Creator and Sustainer that have come to us. Then they said, our Creator and Sustainer! Give us courage and steadfastness in our goal thereby help us complete our mission for being a people committed to unity, peace, progress and prosperity of humanity.
127) The political, religious and economic chiefs of Pharaoh’s nation said to him, will you leave Moses and his supporters free to cause wars of dissention and territorial secession in the land and to forsake your rule through your appointed chiefs? He said, we will gradually without their realizing destroy the leadership of their nation by encouraging them to use and abuse the weak people of their own community and that way we will have unbreakable control over them.
128) Moses said to his people, help yourselves by acting upon program of Allah with persistent steadfastness in achieving the set goals according to provided guidelines. The world belongs to Allah alone and He gives it in control of those of His human creatures whom He finds capable of inheriting and maintaining it. However rest assured the success is ultimately for those who are consistent with rule based upon guidance of Allah for the well being of the mankind.
This verse should leave one in no doubt that Allah wants people to rely on his set-up universal systems and laws ie do things on basis of cause and effect not just sit their praying to God to do things for people. This is why people who fight for their God given rights inherit the land and resources to use them for the well being of mankind and those who sit idle get nothing or those who try to control land and resources for personal gains end up destroying themselves and humanity. This verse also explains what predestination means. It means set up systems and laws of Allah for universal operation so people must understand them and do things as necessary. It does not mean what people are to do is already predetermined and fully decided but that laws of cause and effect are in place so results will follow peoples’ actions and actions of people will follow their choices.
129) They said, we have been put through hardships before you came to us as well as since you have come to us and we see no end to our hardships. He replied, it is possible that due to their ignoring of His program, constitution and law your Creator and Sustainer may let your enemies destroy themselves and make you take over the land instead due to following His program then let you see for how long you follow His program, constitution and law for the benefit of humanity.
Here the community tells their messenger that they have been suffering before he came and that remains the case even after he has come. The earlier suffering was result of people leaving divine path and going about daily life the wrong way so that had to be the end result for them. Why there is still suffering after divine messengers have come to their people? Because it takes time for a divine messenger to educate people on basis of divine teachings to form a community before they can start the campaign. Once campaign starts opposition becomes aware of things and tries all it can to keep the masses down, so for a while suffering of people increases till they overcome their opposition. Once opposition is overcome, that is not the end of troubles because now a nation must be built from scratch which needs a lot more work by all people in the nation till the nation is back on its feet. After that people must keep up with it to maintain it. Any slackness and the whole thing will come tumbling down. So people who think divine messenger do things supernaturally or magically need to use their brains. These verses show what mullahs have been spreading as message of the Quran ie miracles and magic etc etc.
130) Due to following personal gains based traditions and customs We found people of Pharaoh inflicting harms and destructions upon each other due to which they were made to suffer damaging and destructive outcomes so that they could learn lessons and change their ways.
131) But instead whenever they gained anything personally they said, It is due to our traditions and customs but whenever they suffered any loss due to their own wrong ways of life they attributed that to way of life promoted by Moses and those with him. Be aware that the proper way of life for them is that which is from Allah but most of them learn not to make proper sense of things.
This is an old trick by rulers that when things go wrong for their masses due to their mismanagement of people and resources they blame external factors outside their control and that is how their priests become handy telling people it is not fault of their rulers but that God is angry with them so he is punishing them for their sins because they did not go by religion. So people go for all kinds of rituals to get rid of imaginary divine curse. The Quran is exposing all tricks of rulers and priests and moneylenders. It is telling people that this real world operates on basis of law of cause and effect. If you do not sow seed on time in right conditions then it is not going to grow. You can pray to God all you like or curse God all you like. Things will happen only as the set-up systems and laws makes them happen and there is no favour or resentment involved ie it matters not whether seed is sown by a Hindu, Parsee, Jew, Christian, Muslim or Sikh etc, it will only grow if the conditions are fulfilled for its growth. Prayers to God will have no effect on making things happen because for things to happen law of cause and effect must be followed as explained in the scripture and observed in nature. This is why communities that do nothing perish and communities that do things to survive, survive.
132) Therefore they said to Moses, no matter whatever explanation you may bring us to convince us with, we are not going to commit ourselves to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind along with you.
133) Due to their harmful and destructive mindsets, attitudes and behaviours against Our guidance and each other We let them bring upon themselves storm of calamities such as religion based conflicts and poverty based conflicts as well as power based conflicts thereby bloodshed as they were forewarned in fully detailed messages yet they decided to live their lives on basis of dominating each other by undermining each other because they were a people given to committing crimes against each other.
Word TOOFAAN is from roots TWAA, WOW and FAA and TWAA, YAA and FAA. Concrete meaning of this root is make rounds ie keep coming back to something for some reason. A round by watchman to ensure all is ok around the place one is guarding. When a person does something from a map, one keeps referring to the map to make sure one is doing things according to the plan ie going by the book and not making mistakes. A group or party of people that is united upon some ideological ground due to which it is identified distinctively, a part of something, a servant who serves with all due care, an accident or event that proves totally destructive for a people, flooding, storm, drowning, bloodshed, the pitch dark of night, to answer the call of nature, to pass around drinks, something that surrounds something, something that encircles something, a people who keep an eye on the human world to keep humanity in check, apparition, phantom, spectre, to go about, to walk about, to roam about, to circulate, to encompass, to circuit, to appear in one’s dream, to be approached by an harmful or destructive person or thing, raft, to go around, to visit, to afflict, to inflict harm or destruction, to come upon, to be waited upon, to be served, to go around often or frequently, a harmful and destructive thought, a disaster or visitation, a number of people, a faction, a side, keeping vigil, constantly or regularly or perpetually going round, constantly waiting upon, inundation, deluge etc etc.
Word JARAAD is from root JEEM, RAA and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is to show something as something is. Also to bring out reality of something, to expose something, take off clothes of someone to make the person naked, stripe off false reputation of something or someone, to strip naked, the time period of famine, a piece of land where there is no grass or greenery, bare land, poverty, bare bone, to peel, to bare, to strip, barren land, locust, land savaged by locust, trees stripped bare by locust, cloudless sky, clear sky etc etc.
Word QUMMAL is from root QAAF, MEEM and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is something that increasingly becomes insignificant with time. Also to become blackened, to become covered up in dirt, to increase in population but lack in usefulness or value or effectiveness or influence, grasshopper, lice, to become infested with louse, termites, ticks, parasite, something like lice in some sense, something that is debased, something that is low life, something that lives off others, something disgraceful or insignificant, something tiny or very small etc etc.
Word DAFAADI is from root DWAAD, FAA, DAAL and AIN. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is stuck in the throat which affects one’s speech. Also frog, a recess in a brick to reduce its weight, a hollow brick or foundation, something that jumps from one thing to another or one place to another, a spike or perforated object used for supporting stems in a flower arrangement, ledge or ridge, a tough elastic horny material in the centre of the sole of a foot of a horse, a groove that is for guiding a shaft along that is part of a mechanism, an ornamental looped braid or cord with a button or knot for fastening the front of a garment, a loop fastened to a belt to hold a tool or weapon, something that is like a frog in some sense etc etc.
When a people decide to live on basis of personal gains at the expense of each other then it does not take very long before unity among people disappears and conflicts based upon various vested interests start appearing and tear people apart on all possible grounds of conflicts and so people end up totally isolated from each other on basis of tribes, geographical locations, classes and castes or creeds and colours leaving no room for compromises between people. These verses also make it amply clear that God does not intervene in human affairs ie he has created the universe and in it he has given each player his role to play so that role cannot be played by anyone else. God does his part and man has to do his part. If man says, I leave my part for God to do then he is an ignorant fool. Even fire has to play its role and water its role or world could not work for the purpose it was created for.
134) Each time they fell in their self created troubles they came to Moses and said, O Moses! Call upon or consult guidance of your Creator and Sustainer on our behalf on basis of whatever agreement He has with you, if you help remove the troubles from us then we promise you that we will truly commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind along with you and let the ideological children of Israel go along with you.
135) But each time We removed their troubles from them for a time behold! They broke their promises and went back to ways of life that led them into troubles.
What these verses are telling us is that people became ignorant and did not do things the way they were supposed to do and as a result they ended up in all sorts of troubles. When Moses tried to educate them they ignored him but in the end troubles forced them to take advice from him and when he told them a certain way of solving their certain problems they managed to solved them but instead of keep going on the way they were told, they returned to their old ways of doing things and so troubles came back to them again and again. The main reason each time they went back to their old ways was the leadership among them which wanted things its way. So when they followed their chiefs they ended up back into same situations ie infightings due to vested personal interests. When people follow leadership of rulers, priests and moneylenders, they always end up divided so rivalries and animosities lead them to hatred and wars and when that happens people cannot produce things they need for fulfilling their needs eg to grow food people need peace and stability not wars. Wars harm and destroy what is already there and stop production of new things so growth is stalled or even lost altogether. This shows why this surah is named AL-ARAAF. It is because it deal with matters of importance in detail that hinder reaching heights of excellence. It is because infighting does not let a people grow up and rise to heights of excellence. The solutions for fighting people are simple that they agree to stop fighting on certain terms and conditions for certain goals for their future but once people start coming out of troubles opportunists try to take advantage of this situation and then things turn back the way they were because peace agreement break down. This is why troubles keep coming back and these were the troubles between people that finally destroyed those caused them. Not only that Pharaoh in time of Moses got his people into trouble but so did the Pharaoh in time of prophet Joseph. That is why he handed over responsibility of looking after kingdom to Joseph in his time. Each and every kingdom falls apart sooner or later that is based upon personal gains way of life at the expense of each other because people only look as far as their personal interests and not beyond and as a result this short sightedness lands them in troubles with each other and that leads them to destruction by hands of each other. The idea that so and so country is doing good is only true if a society is not based upon personal gains but upon collective gains yet not upon gains at the expense of other weaker countries.
Even such countries that live off others have very limited time limit because struggle is going on between countries for domination be it not that obvious but over a period of time it does show through every now and again. So no matter how people look at negative competition based way of life it is not free of huge human costs. So the message of the Quran is absolutely solid and right on the spot ie there is no any other way of life as good as told about in the Quran as has been explained but the problem is educating humanity about it and that is the real task. How to instil ambition in human beings so that they try to be great people for the well being of each other because it involves killing all personal rivalries and animosities within individual human beings. So long as people see each other as enemies of each other they cannot live together on basis of well being for each other. This is what the messengers of Allah achieved in people who supported them through messages of Allah ie they freed minds of people from animosities of each other and instilled brotherhood in them instead. That is why they were able to create exemplary human communities again and again. It is due to being rivals each and every family is falling apart and each and every country is falling apart. Family feuds are ripe all over the world and not in poor but rich families as well so no people are really happy with their life but only short lived happiness is available to them if any. All this shows that caring and sharing is the main missing factor. All this because man cannot live by bread alone because he needs food for thought also and that is having stability of mind, which is not possible unless people sort out the confusion about creator and sustainer and his plan and purpose for them and a whole lot that goes with it. So if people really want blissful, dignified and secure existence then proper education is the only way. This involves self awareness, awareness of the universe and awareness of its creator and sustainer. Wherever such education is missing there is no real happiness in that kind of life because confusion can never lead anywhere other than instability of mind and identity crisis. So people who are mentally unstable can never rise to heights of excellence. These verses kick rulers, mullahs, money lenders, their touts and supporters very hard and where it really hurts to wake them up so that they stop making the world a hellhole for themselves and others.
136) That is how We let them drown themselves in the sea of their self created troubles through inflicting harms and destructions upon each other for personal gains because they refused to work towards Our set goals for them according to Our provided guidelines and paid no attention to forewarned consequences.
Verses like this simply tell mankind that it is up to themselves to learn higher goals and guidelines and follow them to rise to heights of excellence or do not bother with such education and remain preoccupied with goals and guidelines based upon short sightedness and personal gains and in time end up destroyed.
137) While thereby We made the people who were oppressed and weakened by them succeed in the land on the eastern fronts as well as the western fronts in which We placed abundance of provisions. This is how the word of your Creator and Sustainer was fulfilled about the children of Israel because they faced difficulties with hard works and persistent courage that is the way We brought to an end the rule of Pharaoh and his people which they installed against Our set limits.
This verse also tells us the fact that if goals and guidelines are based upon long term future of a people and they follow them persistently with steadfastness they are bound to be successful because that is the way the world is set-up by Allah to work for the well being of the mankind. It must also be remembered always that whenever Allah says I have done this or that it means things brought about by set-up systems and laws in the universe by Allah. It was not Allah who destroyed people but their own works about which they were forewarned. If you do not jump into the fire, you do not end up burnt but if you do then that is your choice but then that choice is not free of consequences.
138) And this is how We made ideological children of Israel cross the sea of troubles because when they came across a people who were serving other rulers than Allah they said to Moses, O Moses put in place for us a ruler like the rulers these people have. He replied, you are surely a people ignorant of the consequences about what you are asking me for,
139) because in the way these people live their lives lies their own destruction, for make beliefs and useless rituals are all that they live by.
140) He further said, should I seek for you a ruler other than Allah when it is He alone Who has raised you for the task of taking His message to the nations in the world.
141) So call to mind the time when We saved you from the people of Pharaoh who put you through a terrible ordeal by gradually destroying people capable of leadership from among you by setting-up some of you against the others as a people so to come through all that ordeal was a great task set for you by your Creator and Sustainer to struggle through.
This verse totally demolishes mullah invented make belief called miraculous saving of one people from another by Allah through direct supernatural intervention. These verses very clearly explain what the real issue was between people of Moses and people of Pharaoh and how guidance from Allah helped people of Moses to set tasks for themselves and struggle through to achieve them. People of Pharaoh set themselves wrong goals and the outcome of their struggle was their own destruction through internal strifes one after the other. Even if a people have another people as their slaves, it does not help if people are divided among themselves because each time they use their slaves against each other they lose more and more slaves which results in losses for both sides of people. This is why properly founded human community is the way to go because in that case each person is there to help any other person who needs it so all end up in win, win situation. In a win or lose situation loss is inevitable for one or the other side or both. This is why when people try to take away jobs of each other instead of coming up with jobs for all, things cause problems for losers and then losers cause problems for winners so all end up losers if we look at wider consequences of living our lives the wrong way.
142) That is why We appointed for Moses the task to change the dark period of hardships for ideological following of Israel so that We establish it completely as a proper human community and that is how set out task by his Creator and Sustainer for changing period of hardships with period of prosperity became fulfilled. Therefore at that time Moses said to his brother Aaron, support me for building my community properly by mending relationships between people and never follow the way of those who cause troubles and wars between mankind.
Word SALAASEEN is from root SAA, LAAM and SAA. Already explained but for reminder it means an idea or thing with three, thirty or multi facets or sides or aspects. Also thirty or three or third or thirtieth, a situation that involves three parties or sides or points of views, triangle, a set or group of three or thirty things, hyped up or inflated situation, something excessive, hearsay, third party involvement in something, a confusing or chaotic situation, instability, false reputation, troublesome or difficult or awkward situation, situation involving hardships or struggles, third party account, whispering campaign, conspiracy, forces of darkness, hidden hands, third force, adulteration of ideas or things, neutralisation of an idea or thing, to render something ineffective, to undermine an idea or thing, affliction, painful suffering, impurity or something impure or contaminated, something that is connected in three ways or many ways to a thing or things, threesome etc etc.
Word ARBAEEN is from root RAA, BAA and AIN. Already explained but for reminder it means something with four or forty or multi facets, aspects or sides. Also it means four or forty or many things, fourth or fortieth, foursome, something that stands or remains in place, something that gives rise to something, prosperity, abundance, square, something that is proper, something that happens every four days, quarter, one fourth, living quarters, accommodation, neighbourhood, a well built medium height person, spring, to become fertile, spring rains, to be in one’s prime lushness, something that is connected to all sides equally, fairness, a period of development and progress, a time of growth and prosperity, a time period when things are being put right or sorted out, a time period when something is undergoing changes for the better etc etc.
143) That is because when Moses reached Our required standard to be bestowed with responsibility of Our mission his Creator and Sustainer spoke to him so he said, O my Creator and Sustainer! Show me the task that I may see through Your mission. He said, by no means you can fulfil My mission but only if you pay attention to the mass of people and set it on its proper course however if it stays on course then you will be able to see through My mission quickly, for as his Creator and Sustainer drew his attention towards the mass of his people, he found it scattered and dispersed in its thoughts and actions so Moses became overwhelmed by thoughts of gravity of his task. Eventually he came round saying, Your sovereignty is amply manifest to me so I turn to You for your guidance and I am of those who are committed to foremost degree to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
Word TAJALLAA is from roots JEEM, LAAM and WOW/YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to show something to something. Also to banish someone from the land, to make obvious or visible or clear or manifest, to throw out something from somewhere, evacuation, to separate or distinguish, to differentiate, the gift offered by bridegroom to his bride, to open, to bring something into the open, to expose, to evacuate, to clear away, to clarify, to explain, to appear, to remove, to go away, to appear in full glory, to disclose, to bring to light, to reveal, to come in full view, to exile, to migrate, dispersal etc etc
Word DAKKAA is from root DAAL, KAAF and KAAF. Concrete meaning of this root is dust. Also to make something crumble into dust, to humble something, to bring down something, to disperse or spread something, something that is scattered like dust, to pull down, to level up, level sand dunes, low banks of mud, short stout horses, humpless camel, to be stout and well built, to fill in a pit with dirt, to weaken, to humiliate, to be crushed, to be flattened, pounding, an even or levelled or flat piece of land etc etc.
Verses like these are foundation of the revelation based deen from Allah because they explained how Allah chooses and appoints his messengers to carry out his missionary tasks and how they prepare themselves and carry out their duties and obligation as required by Allah and explained by him. The Quran explains how Allah directly speaks to all his messengers. He first of all introduces himself to them and then explains to them the purpose for his communication and then lets them know what they have to do and gives them time to prepare themselves fully before they set out on the missionary task. This is why word NABI does not mean a prophet in sense of a person who can predict future but a person to whom Allah speaks for giving him the mission to deliver his message to other people. This is why words NABI, RASOOL and WAHEE etc when used for these people they are very different in their meanings as compared to other uses. In cases of particular uses of words one is stuck with languages even though they do not have equivalent words. It has same limitations as we have seen in use of words DEEN and MAZHAB ie most people use word religion for both of them when in fact the Quran uses word DEEN against MAZHAB. The Quran likewise challenges people who claim to be prophets in sense of predictors of future ie according to Allah human beings cannot predict future beyond ways and means available to them. In the Quranic context messengers from Allah only come to deliver his messages and not for predicting futures of people like astrologers and palmists or fortune tellers etc etc. It is in this context Adam was chosen as the very first messenger of Allah and Muhammad the last of the messengers. This is why there has not come after Muhammad any book or prophet from Allah.
No prophet comes from Allah without a scripture or a scripture without a prophet. The while the prophethood was continued, each prophet and his scripture was foretold in predecessor scripture by the processor prophet. This is why the Quran and Muhammad both were foretold as final book and prophet from Allah in the past scriptures and there is no mention of any prophet and scripture after them in the Quran instead the Quran tells mankind, Muhammad is the last prophet. Prophets are chosen and appointed only and only by Allah not by prophets or anyone else. Messengers of prophets however were chosen by prophets in their life times as well as after them to carry on their missions. These verses also tell people that it is not the divine messengers that change things for the better for the mankind but all people working together who agree with his message. If people do not come to their senses once divine messengers try to educate them then they end up destroying themselves by keep going on the same wrong path that leads them to destruction. It is very important to remember that revelation process is as mysterious as creation process ie these are acts of God. Once both acts become something in reality it is from then on possible for people to examine them both in detail to see if they fit their purposes or not. That is possible because universe is based upon foundation of cause and effect where as revelation is based upon reason and human beings have been bestowed with brains and senses to figure out both them as far as it is humanly possible. Therefore people must not fall victims to nonsense of mullahs and rulers and money lenders if they want what is best for themselves in light of the universal realities and the scriptures etc as explained already in detail. These like verses also tell us how Allah makes his messengers handover to their people his messages ie they are in written form as well as in spoken form. So people who think the Quran was written down after death of prophet Muhammad due to make belief based stories promoted by mullahs need to become thinking people who look for evidences in the right places. In these verses the Quran explains everything about all the prophets that is common between them. Only particular things that are related to particular prophets and people and scriptures can be thought of other ways because all messenger of Allah were given similar messages similar way and they delivered those messages the similar ways. This will help people learn how to read the Quran properly.
144) So Allah said, O Moses! I have chosen you for delivery of My messages to the people which I have spoken to you so take what I give you and be of those who implement it properly so be of those who use Our provisions properly.
145) That is how We made him write down for his people all that was necessary including goals and guidelines as lessons about everything for setting up a proper human community saying, hold onto these firmly and tell your people to hold on to these indeed to make their lives and their world beautiful thereby. Soon I will show you the state of existence of those who live their lives on basis of personal gain at the expense of each other against Our program, constitution and law.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:30 PM
146) Those who try to dominate each other by undermining each other in the land in defiance of My set goals for them and provided guidelines without any proper justification. They are of such a category of people that even though they are explained each and everything they still do not commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind because even though they are placed the proper guidance in front of them yet they do not go by that, instead if they are shown a way of life in opposition to that they adopt it. That is because they reject Our set goals and guidelines due to their ignoring them.
147) For this reason those who rejected Our set out goals and guidelines for them as a standard for meeting their bright future, their works turn out to be void of intention of benefiting each other. What can the outcome of their works be other than what they earn for themselves based upon personal gains at the expense of each other which is harm and destruction by hands of each other?
148) People of Moses even during his short absence brought about a social hierarchy based upon their harmful and destructive personal ambitions and desires which proved divisive and destructive for them as a community. Did they not realise from that experience that it served them no useful purpose nor could it lead them to any beneficial end result as a proper human community? Yet they adopted that way of life and ended up inflicting harms and destructions upon each other.
Word HULIYIA is from roots HAA, LAAM and WOW/YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is sweet in some sense. Also a sweet dish called HALWAA, ornament, jewellery, adornment, decoration, dowry, gratuity, something pleasant or pleasing, beauty, ease, prosperity, abundance, to grace, to adorn, to sweeten, to enjoy, to be decorated, reputation, people with certain good or bad reputation or credibility in society, people respected by masses etc etc.
When Moses left his people under the leadership of his brother to write down revelations for them which he received from Allah, some people from among Israelites decided to organise themselves on the model of Egyptian hierarchy with which they were familiar instead of waiting for return of Moses to set them up as proper human community. It seems that Moses took his time before making his return to his people due to which some people who looked for opportunity got their chance to do what they did. Moses had great respect with people because he had seen the high life more than any of these people by being raised in household of Pharaoh. If Moses could face Pharaoh Israelites were no match for him, he could put them in their place more comfortably than his brother Aaran could. Had Aaron taken steps to show them the right way, they may have ended up divided and the blame will have been upon Aaran, so he realised that and waited for Moses to return and handle the situation himself. It worked out exactly as he thought.
149) However when they suffered harms and destructions by hands of each other some realised that they have gone of the right track so they said, if our Creator and Sustainer does not guide us through His blissful, dignified and secure existence providing guidance and thereby removes from between us division based upon rivalry and animosity that leads to hatred we are going to be of those who end up in loss.
It has been explained already that once people start thinking then they can easily fall victim to identity crisis if they have no solid foundation to stand upon. The only secure things that can give people proper foundation is message of their creator and sustainer that provides them with full explanation of all that they need to know and can understand. This is why people must study the Quran no matter which other scripture they know because other scriptures that exist today do have odd problems within them which can only and only make sense in light of the Quranic explanation. In fact other scriptures when studied properly by their followers are certainly going to lead them on to the Quran. If Muslims studied the Quran properly all by themselves they will come to know actual message of the Quran from which mullahs have stopped them by covering it in all sort of their nonsense as already explained. Once Muslims understand the Quran properly themselves and take the message of the Quran to their nonMuslim brethren, the Quranic message will work wonders on their minds and soon all people will run to the Quran for guidance and become a united human family. This does not mean other old scriptures should be allowed to disappear rather they too should be preserved for future generations to see mankind have progressed throughout history from what they originally were to what they are.
150) That is why when Moses returned to his people and became aware of their situation his enthusiasm became covered in sadness so he said to his people, what a harmful and destructive way you have assisted me in my mission in my absence! Were you in a hurry to outdo program, constitution and law of your Creator and Sustainer? However he laid the written tablets aside and got hold of his brother - whom he left behind as head of his people – for seeking clarifications of him as to what had happened. He said, O son of my mother nation! The fact is, some of our people tried to weaken me instead of supporting me and they were almost ready to fight me, so do not encourage my opponents by counting me among those who live for inflicting harms and destructions upon each other for personal gains.
Word YAJURRUH is from root JEEM, RAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to think something through. Also to ruminate, to draw, to pull, to drag, track, trail, muse, galaxy, crime, guilt, to come closer, to conclude, to take along, to chew cud, to reflect over and over again, to ponder, to meditate, to reflect deeply on something, to premeditate, to consider, to celebrate etc etc.
Word TUSHMIT is from root SHEEN, MEEM and TAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to disappoint someone by making one a laughingstock before one’s rival or enemy. Also gloating, rejoicing over misfortune of someone, to give someone cause to be happy over someone’s troubles, a feeling of self satisfaction, to frustrate, to thwart, to fail to meet expectations, to let down, to prevent the fulfilment of something or someone, to encourage the opponent of someone, to lend support to opponent of someone unknowingly etc etc.
151) After knowing the facts about the situation Moses said, O my Creator and Sustainer! Protect me and my brother and enter us all in kingdom based upon Your blissful, dignifying and life securing program, constitution and law, because You are provider and sustainer of all things of need for mankind thereby.
152) Surely those who brought about divide to derail Our mission incurred condemnation of their Creator and Sustainer as well as life of painful suffering in this world, that is how We show results of thoughts and actions of those who invent harmful and destructive ways of life instead of living by Our advised way of life.
153) As for people who inflict harms and destructions upon each other in ignorance but then stop and reform after becoming aware of Our guidance by committing to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind your Creator and Sustainer surely protects them through His blissful, dignifying and life securing program.
154) That is how sadness of Moses subsided because he held faithfully onto prescribed goals and guidelines in the written tablets in which there was guidance to blissful, dignified and secure life for those who wished to live in accordance with rule based upon guidance of their Creator and Sustainer.
155) For that reason Moses chose a large number of people from his nation to accomplish Our set out task for them but seeing they were overwhelm by the vastness of the task he said, my Creator and Sustainer! Give them courage, for had it been Your plan, You could have let these people destroy themselves by their own hands long ago and well before this mission. Will You then let us all end up destroyed for the harms and destruction caused by some ignorant people from among us against others? This struggle is only for accomplishing the goals You set for us according to Your provided guidelines and no doubt You let stray and suffer any people who work towards that end and guide to blissful, dignified and secure life whichever people work to that end. Your guidance is all we rely upon for our secure, dignified and blissful existence therefore give us life of security because You are best of all protectors.
156) So ordain for us what is beneficial and constructive in life at present as well as in future life, for sure we have turned to You for our guidance. He said, I will let suffer those human populations that deserve it due to ignoring My advised way of life but My blissful, dignifying and life securing program, constitution and law covers everything for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind. I will especially bless those communities that are consistent with My goals and guidelines and struggle to attain freedom from all ills from among themselves by committing to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
157) Such as support this messenger, the universal prophet, whom they find described in the Torah and the Injeel who invites people to do all they should for the well being of the mankind and tells them not to do things that inflict harms and destructions upon mankind therefore he declares lawful for people to have and to do what is beneficial and constructive for mankind and he declares unlawful for people to have and do all that is harmful and destructive for mankind, making obvious to them their self created problems as heavy burdens around their necks showing them the way to free themselves from them. Therefore those who commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind with him and are sincere with him and support him by being consistent with the light of guidance with which he is sent will be the ones who will be successful and prosperous.
The Quran repeatedly tells mankind not to have or do things in a way they could result in harming people by hands of each other. A clear proof that house rules are absolutely important to have and to live by and that is what Islamic way of life is all about. This is why Islam is a deen and not a mazhab and anyone who thinks Islam is a mazhab is not a Muslim at all in light of the Quran. The Quran is a book that is a manifesto or program from Allah for mankind and in order to for people to carry out its program they need to spread the message and become a community based upon Quranic constitution that is regulated by laws based upon the guidelines given in the Quran for set goals that are to be accomplished according to given guidelines. So if people want unity, peace, progress and prosperity then Quran is the book which they should follow. Since it is impossible for people to fulfil Quranic program without being a community and without community having a piece of land under its control hence ummah must become aware fo this fact and work towards its goals as explained.
158) Say, O you the mankind! I am that messenger of Allah who was expected by followers of all messengers before me so I am a messenger to all of you from Allah to whom belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. None has the right to rule in this kingdom save Him Who brings nations to life if they follow His laws and lets them perish if they do not. Therefore commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to program, constitution and law of Allah along with His messenger, the universal prophet, who has committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to the program, constitution and law of Allah for the well being of humanity according to His set-up universal systems and laws so be consistent with him so that you are guided to a blissful, dignifying and life securing way of life.
Here the Quran tells mankind that Muhammad is the final prophet from Allah to all mankind henceforth. Verses like this inform humanity that there are two distinct systems and laws that people must understand ie natural laws that make the universe what it is and legal constitution for human organisation. Only when people organise and regulate themselves properly as a proper human community that they can live by laws of nature and prosper otherwise the struggle for survival remains the norm and that involves a lot of painful suffering for all mankind one way or the other till people develop and progress enough to organise and regulate themselves as a proper human community and then carry on from there on.
159) Therefore among the people of Moses there was a community that guided each other according to this true way of life because thereby they established justice properly.
In these verses the Quran points out that mankind expected a messenger from Allah because that was foretold in earlier scriptures sent by Allah and that proper way of life is only possible if people will learn about the message and put it into practice as explained. Blind faith in make beliefs and practice of useless rituals will not work but instead will lead mankind into troubles with each other. So people should find out the actual truth and follow it in actual reality if they want to end up in blissful, dignified and secure life. Following harmful and destructive ideologies and practices is never going to be free of serious painful suffering therefore the sooner people avoid these things the better it is. People should promote law abiding but on basis of just and fair laws and not on basis of unjust and unfair laws. This is why it is only a deception to promote religions, secularisms and freedom movements and revolutions if the end result is still going to be slavery of one man to another. This is why people need to work on the basis the Quran explains for their well being as a proper human community. One world order is very dangerous if it is based upon harmful and destructive ideology and practice but fine if it is based upon goals and guidelines given in the Quran.
160) Because We organised them into a single exemplary community out of many factions. That is why We revealed to Moses the guidance when Moses sought to temper his people so We told him to use your received revelation from Us as your foundation to build your community upon that is how sprung forth the community based upon knowledge therefrom whereby each of the people became aware of their obligations to each other. That is how We sheltered them from harms and destructions by sending them Our guidance for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind saying, make proper use of all things We have provided for you for your well being. They did no harm to Us by moving away from Our set goals and provided guidelines but harmed each other for personal gains
161) when it was said to them remain on path of unity, peace, progress and prosperity and participate in your community as you wish inflicting no harms and destructions upon each other adopting this proper way of life based upon Our program, constitution and law faithfully so that We protect you from harming each other as well as increase all the more the outcome of their actions for those who work for well being of each other as a proper human community.
162) Yet people with harmful and destructive mindsets, attitudes and behaviours among them replaced Our goals and guidelines for them to what they desired and as a result We let come upon them the forewarned painful suffering due to their inflicting of harms and destructions upon each other for personal gains.
163) Ask them also about the township that was built upon troubled waters. At that time they transgressed against peace and stability of the township even though during period of their stability their livelihood came to them easily and plentiful but during the period of instabilities they could not obtain it even by a very hard work, thus We left them to struggle because they transgressed against Our program, constitution and law even after being forewarned of the consequences,
164) Some even asked warners, why do you advise a people whom Allah will let destroy themselves for ignoring His advice? They replied, to fulfil our duty by our Creator and Sustainer and so that they may become consistent with program, constitution and law of Allah for the well being of humanity.
165) However when they ignored warnings We let those who warned against harming each other prosper but We let those who broke away from Our program, constitution and law suffer the painful consequences of their transgressions against each other for personal gains.
166) That is why when they persisted in their harmful and destructive ways of life even after Our warning We said to them, carry on living useless lives the way you are, learning no sense for living a purposeful life.
Word QIRADAH is from root QAAF, RAA and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is something that gradually disintegrates. Also something useless or worthless, the wool that is of no use anymore, something entangled, wool that begins to decompose or cannot be wound into thread to make use of it, a person turned into mere a worker who lives to eat and eat to live and is not a human being in a proper sense of the word due to lack of thinking about life and its purpose, a person who lacks sense of purpose of his existence, an ape or a monkey, something that is thrown away or discarded due to being useless, tick, disgraceful person, harmful and destructive person, someone who lacks dignity and security, someone not trustable or faithful, balls of tangled wool, to coagulate, to remove ticks, to deceive, to humiliate, to earn one’s living, a mischievous person, a clever person who tried to pull wool over eyes of others, one who tried to make fool of others, a user and abuser, someone void of happiness, troublemaker etc etc.
Word KHAASIEEN is from root KHAA, SEEN and ALIF. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is thrown away due to being considered worthless. Also to rebuke, to reject, to drive away, kick out, boot out, throw out, strike out, dismiss, eject forcefully, throw out due to displeasure or worthlessness, to treat with contempt or displeasure, have no respect for, despise, to chase out, to cast out, to humble, spurned, to defeat, to impair, to confuse, to dull, to frustrate, to shame, cut-off, forsaken, outcast, unsuccessful, in vain, unable to be something or do something etc etc.
One can see in this verse how Allah leaves people to do as they please after providing them with all they need including his guidance. So mullahs should pay attention to verses like this wherein Allah tells people to change their standard of living for the better in this world is entirely up to themselves as a proper human community. Allah does not change state of existence of a people unless they work for it. A very clear proof that Islam is a deen, not a mazhab as mullahs tell masses. Perhaps mullahs should be taken to task by ummah for spreading lies about the actual message of the Quran, the sooner the better.
167) Because it is law of your Creator and Sustainer that if a people do not turn to His program, constitution and law then He lets rise among them people who keep inflicting upon each other grievous torment till the day they establish His program, constitution and law. Effective is universal system and law of consequences as set-up by your Creator and Sustainer that is how He protects mankind through His blissful, dignifying and secure life providing program.
This verse explains how divine systems and laws operate in the universe and how divine revelations for mankind help them guide themselves to blissful life in this world. This verse makes plan of Allah very clear as to what the basic goal for humanity is that Allah want it to achieve ie unity among themselves on basis of peace for progress and prosperity of mankind. The real life for mankind begins after that achievement as explained in detail in surahs to come. This is why this surah is named AL-ARAAF.
168) Therefore We let mankind remain divided into groups and communities in the world as they choose- some of them do things for well being of each other but some of them inflict harms and destructions upon each other - We let them all struggle for doing things for well being of each others as well as for inflicting harms and destructions upon each other so that they come back to Our set goals for them according to Our provided guidelines.
This verse shows very clearly how people are given a set limit to work within through laws of nature to keep each other in check so that mankind do not end up destroyed completely by hands of each other. Other than that they are free to move towards their own betterment by way of interaction between themselves with help of divine revelation.
169) Once they are back on track yet in due course people who live by the book are succeeded by debased generations who participate in life of this world harmfully and destructively because they say, we will face no painful consequences despite living through them. This is why if similar opportunities come their way, they get hold of them again and again. Were they not asked to commit to living according to their book and that they should not attribute anything to Allah except what is consistent with their given book because they have been given lessons about things in the book? So the bright future is for those who are consistent with program, constitution and law of Allah as well as humanity for the well being of the mankind, why don’t you the mankind then learn things to understand all this explanation?
170) As for those who strictly abide by the book by struggling for establishing proper human community network, surely We never let the reward of such as act to mend fractured human community go to waste.
171) That is how at the time We shook off of the children of Israel the mountain of calamities like a smothering cover upon them and they thought this situation was going to destroy and crush them under its weight. We said, hold firmly on to what We have given you as Our guidance out of such like situations so be consistent with what is in it so that you could guard and protect yourselves against such harms and destructions.
172) This way throughout time your Creator and Sustainer helped children of Adam survive by means of having their children to succeed them and made some of them witnesses for their own coming generations. This is why they were asked, am I alone not your Creator and Sustainer? They replied, yes, we bear witness that You are. We advise and explain all this so that on the day when rule based upon Our guidance becomes established you do not say, we were not made aware of all this goodness before therefore we ended up the terrible way that we did.
If one reads Suarh one, it is not just about introduction of God but also an agreement between God and mankind that people will live by the book of Allah so that they do not end up in painful suffering by doing things their own way. However mankind ignore that agreement with God and do things their own way and then blame their creator for wrong they do themselves. This verse is telling about a process that Allah sent his guidance and told each generation of people to pass it on to their next generation so that no human generation lives without divine guidance. However, humanity has either failed to pass on divine message to its coming generations or passed on the divine message the wrong way and then the coming generations paid no proper attention to divine message either so humanity ended up in a lot of trouble that it created for itself as family by giving support to people from among itself with harmful and destructive mindsets, attitudes and behaviours, ignoring those who had beneficial and constructive mindsets, attitudes and behaviours. It is same thing as was talked about by prophet Jacob when he was to leave this world. He asked his children who they will take as their ruler and they said Allah, the ruler of their ancestors. The so called Christian Lord’s prayer is actually the same thing. The prayer is not about asking God for things but appreciating God and reminding ourselves about the divine covenant. What was the agreement? It was about us human beings living by revealed program, constitution and law of God so that we really live as told and save ourselves from a lot of unnecessary troubles which we all are going through by ignoring that agreement. This is what this verse is about. This surah is all about how to be an excellent human community and that is why it is names AL-ARAAF. It tells mankind the way that if understood properly and acted upon faithfully will help them become excellent people.
173) or in case you claim our forefathers started the tradition of rule by others than Allah through rulers, priests and moneylenders and we just followed them being their descendants not knowing sovereignty only belonged to Allah. Will you then let us destroy ourselves on account of what followers of falsehood did?
174) That is why We detail Our goals and guidelines for you so that you could turn to them and create a blissful, dignified and secure life for yourselves.
175) So inform them about the story of a party to whom We sent Our revelations as goals and guidelines but some people in the party ignored them and instead the leadership persuaded their masses in the opposite direction so most of the populace ended up off the proper track.
Surah after surah Allah tells people to follow deen based upon his guidance and reject make beliefs and useless rituals. The way of life advised by Allah is made clear and any other way of life is said to be harmful and destructive for mankind because it will lead to use and abuse of some people by others for their personal gains at the expense of each other.
176) This was the very reason We sent Our guidance so that through that light of knowledge We elevate humanity as proper human community to heights of excellence but instead it sank itself deep into the ditch of ignorance by following its own harmful and destructive ambitions and desires for personal gains at the expense of each other. Therefore its similitude is like that of a people who have become stuck in their harmful and destructive way of life regardless you try to help them out of it or not they are not bothered with making any efforts to come out of this state of their existence. Such is the similitude of a human populace that rejects Our set goals for it to ponder over and accomplish according to Our provided guidelines. However relate to them this parable anyway perchance they reflect.
When some people deny others access to divine provisions and revelations, it means they are denying them everything including information that makes them knowledgeable people. People who have knowledge learn the sense of rights and responsibilities and therefore they become less prone to use and abuse by others who think themselves clever. This is why they can demand rights and fulfilment of responsibilities by each other which helps organise and regulate a human society better. Since this can stop use and abuse of masses by dominant people hence they try their best to keep masses ignorant and enslaved. People are not supposed to accept life as it is but struggle hard to make it what it is supposed to be with help of guidance from Allah but they do not. This is why they linger on for centuries in same state of existence till they are forced out of it by nature itself through natural changes that are inevitable. These points have been explained already in detail so they are brought up only for reminder. If people will not learn to be proper human beings then nature will set them up against each other to beat each other to get where they should be. This is highly painful and time consuming way of life but if people will not bother to learn things to better themselves through education based revolutions then bloody revolutions are inevitable. Allah helps mankind in three ways a) through personal life experiences b) through revelations and c) through set-up universal systems and laws of nature that make world go round. It is because Allah has a plan for mankind and he has set-up each and everything to ensure his plan is fulfilled at the end of all that is going on.
177) Very harmful and destructive is for mankind the example of living their lives that is set by those who reject Our set goals and provided guidelines because they inflict great harms and destructions upon each other as a people.
178) Only that populace among mankind which works hard according to guidance of Allah is rightly guided but any that misleads itself such are the people that end up in loss and destruction.
179) That is how We let a lot of people from among the leadership and the masses set-up for themselves a life of painful suffering as their goal because they have brains but they use them not for thinking things through and they have eyes but they use them not to see where they are heading and they have ears but they use them not to hear the calls to the path that is proper. They are just like animals or even worse than them when it comes to having any worthy goals to pursue because they are those who ignore Our set goals and guidelines for them.
Here again the Quran is making a very important point that before understanding divine message mankind must learn how to use their brains and senses and bodies and then through interaction within the universal environment they can become knowledgeable people. All this is based on trial and error ie when you try to use your brain you make a lot of mistakes till you get things right and the same happens when you try to use your senses and limbs and rest of body. By the time you have learned things about universal realities you come to realise that divine revelation is needed to go beyond that level of knowledge but when you try to understand the divine revelation same thing happens ie you make loads of mistakes to see what the words and text of divine revelation actually means till you get as close to what it means as it is possible for you according to your own level of knowledge. This is why it becomes clear why all works based on divine revelation have mistakes in them ie because they are human works and human endeavour to try and find out what God is saying to humanity. It is like we have higher level maths books but a baby will have to keep learning till one day he reaches that level to understand those books. Meanwhile he will have to make loads of mistakes to get there. This is why people who think they know better and that the divine books contain mistakes in their view need to think over what they are saying. They say this because they study works on divine books by those who have been making loads of mistakes about them. For example, most of the Quranic interpretations have been written by people who had no knowledge about the universal realities so they took the Quran in totally wrong direction. Now after this explanation anyone who judges the Quran based on their interpretations will not think the Quran is not a divine book because it contains loads of mistakes. For that they will now have to study the Quran in its original text in its proper context and then declare their judgement regarding the Quran. One may even say, I can write a better book than the Quran but all this can be decided once one understands the Quran properly. If one is really a learned person then one must study the divine book in its original language and must learn how that language came about and works and how the Quran uses the language that it uses. So once a person knows the real world realities and the Quranic text properly only then one will have possibility of reaching the right conclusion about the Quran as explained already.
180) If they think they are human beings with brains and senses then they must learn to use them properly so that they realise the fact that from Allah alone come lofty goals and guidelines for them that can help human beings make their world a beautiful place so invite them to making this world a beautiful place for yourselves on that basis and keep in check those who try and cause confusion and chaos about these goals and guidelines. If they are not stopped then soon the mankind will see the results of going about life their own ways.
181) Among those whom We have created there is a proper community of people that guides others to what is consistent with program, constitution and law of Allah whereby they try to establish the properly balanced way of life for mankind.
182) Even those who oppose Our goals and guidelines for mankind We let them draw themselves step by step closer to Our set goals and guidelines through ways they have not bothered to learn and understand.
183) Even though I have granted them respite to learn and do things properly and they do not take advantage of this set-up yet My rule of cause and effect is ever at work effectively indeed which ever draws them closer to fulfilment of My plan for them.
184) Has it never occurred to them that their fellow human being this messenger of Ours is not a man struck by any mental abnormality rather he is a forewarner clearly alerting against the obvious outcome for people inflicting harms and destructions upon each other?
185) Or have they not bothered to ponder over the working of the kingdom of the heavens and the earth and whatever Allah has originated evolved as to how Allah has set up systems and laws to operate all things in the universe and that the moment of the outcome of their actions may well be close by? On basis of what other better message after this will they then commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind?
186) Any people who do not seek guidance through message of Allah there is none to guide them so He lets them wander about in their harmful and destructive mindsets, attitudes and behaviours as a result of their going against program, constitution and law of Allah and humanity.
187) They will ask you about the exact time of foretold event as to when exactly will it take place. Say, it will be made obvious by my Creator and Sustainer and nothing can make it obvious save His set up universal systems and laws and at the time that is right when all conditions for it are fulfilled. So be aware that occurrence of that event rests heavily upon the set-up systems and laws operating in the heavens and the earth. It does not come but as a sudden revolt as happened to people in the past. They will ask you about it as if you have the ability to see into the future so you are aware of it. Tell them, it will surely be made obvious by Allah as He told it in His books though most of the mankind bother not to learn and understand how things are set up and work in this universe and to what end.
Word SAA-AH is from roots SEEN, WOW and AIN and SEEN, YAA and AIN. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is constantly changing with time. Also aging, declining, moving towards death or destruction, become wasted, wastage, useless, water that runs along on the surface of the earth, greenery that dries up, time, clock, hardship, distance, the way people live their lives, revolution, uprising, revolt, tumult, upheaval, outcome, result, judgement day, the day people are made to face consequences of their thoughts and actions, to spread out, to go grazing, to give room to, to leave alone, a portion, a period or an expanse of time, a time section of the day, the hour, time of, a point in time, a while, a moment, non-distinct period of time, death, time of death, an idol named Suwaa etc etc.
Word MURSAA is from root RAA, SEEN and WOW. Concrete meaning of this root is to come to rest. Also to dock, to anchor, to freeze, to sink, to mend, to become stationary, to become stable, to effect a reconciliation, to break into downpour, to cause to settle, to fix firmly, mountains, ballasts, immoveable, firmly standing, due time, time of arrival, time for something to happen or take place etc etc.
As explained already the Quran talks about events not as confirmed events that will happen at certain times but that they will only happen if certain conditions are fulfilled. These are conditional events so destructions promised to a people will only come about if people will continue doing things that will bring upon them those destructions but if the stop and reform then those events will not happen but alternative will happen. This is why Allah does not say that this thing will happen to you at such and such time. The outcomes for thoughts and actions of people will take place continuously so beneficial and constructive thoughts and actions will bring good outcomes and harmful and destructive thoughts and actions will keep bringing about related outcomes.
188) Tell them, I have no power to benefit myself or even protect myself against harms and destructions but only according to plan of Allah. If I possessed supernatural powers as you assume about people on a mission from Allah then I could have secured many good things for myself and no harm could have touched me but as you can see we are all in the same boat as human beings therefore we must learn to abide by program, constitution and law of Allah to be safe and secure. I know this because I am a messenger from Allah to alert you the mankind against the ways of life that will land you in painful suffering therefore I am also bearer of good news about the better future for those who will commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind therefore they will end up in blissful, dignified and secure life.
In these verses it is made very clear that the Quran is not a human work because if it was then the prophet ought to claim many things to make fool of people to get hold of them and then use and abuse them like kings and priests and moneylenders to get what he wanted because that is the way people have been used and abused always by clever people. Instead in these verses he is explaining to people how the universe works so that they could see their own role in it and stop living like brainless animals running after so called saints who they assume have supernatural powers to help them with relief of their daily living problems. The promised destruction is result of what people do and has been happening throughout the world ie when masses find out how they have been made fool of and have been used and abused then they take revenge against each other and the outcome of that is never that good for any of the people who are at it. It is talking about bloody revolutions in the world and wars by people against each other for controlling each other or for freedom from control of each other. The Quran is not a book of history but it brings in certain events just to explain the ideas involved for better understanding of things by people.
189) It is He alone who originated and evolved you the mankind from a single source of life and from that He brought about all life forms so that through this process of mutual support the life could continue progressing. Eventually there came a time when humanity was able to carry out simple responsibility that is how it continued developing on that basis. As human community grew and developed yet more it was able to see that it could carry bigger responsibility as both the leadership and following relied upon universal set-up systems and laws of Allah so far, they showed desire for guidance of Allah that if they had it then they will invite mankind to it and abide by it and use all that is provided for them according to it to become a proper human community.
190) However when He gave them guidance for bringing about a proper human community they ended up taking rulers other than Him against the advice that was given to them. Nonetheless, guidance of Allah is free of partners they attribute to Him in His own kingdom.
191) Do they take such rulers instead of Him who can create nothing but are themselves created,
192) such as have neither the ability to support them nor can they support even themselves?
193) If you ask them for guidance to live your lives better, they cannot support you. It is all the same for you whether you rely on them for anything or you stay put.
Word SAAMITOON is from root SWAAD, MEEM and TAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to be in a state constantly. Also be quiet, silence, make no noise, be at peace, be stable, confusion, ambiguity, lacking clarity, treasure or wealth in form of gold and silver or crops, a stiff sword that can be thrust into something, a wall without any window or door or opening, to be speechless, to be rugged, stay put etc etc.
194) In fact those upon whom you rely as your rulers instead of guidance of Allah are only people like yourselves with limited information and understanding. If not then ask them for guidance and let them respond to you if what you claim about them is not your own make belief but true in actual fact!
195) Have they any real basis to continue even their own survival or any such powers to have real control over things? Have they such powerful eyes of the mind to see all they need to see or the ears to be aware of all they need to be constantly aware of? Say, rely upon your make belief partners of Allah and collectively plan against my plan and give me no time to prepare my response to your plan and see if you can trap me by doing anything better in opposition to set-up systems and laws of Allah than what I have already explained to you.
As this surah is coming to its conclusion arguments are getting tougher and tougher and finally the messenger is told to challenge the opponents to produce a plan like the Quranic plan and see if you can truly oppose me. Here the Quran is talking about the model put forth by Allah for guidance of people in form of a way of life that leads to blissful, dignified and secure existence of mankind if understood properly and followed faithfully. This challenge can never be met because the best way of life is already told in the Quran and people now have no chance at all to put forth any way life that could even be as good as the one told in the Quran never mind surpass it. This verse also tells people who claim to be followers of the Quran how good they need to be with understanding of the Quran because they ought to go out there and put forth the very same challenge to rest of humanity to wake it up and draw its attention to this message for the well being of the mankind. Another strong kick in the teeth for foolish mullahs and their backers the rulers, the money lenders, their touts and supporters. The Quran is not a book that can be taken lightly or ignored because the consequences have been made clear in each of the surahs we have studied so far.
196) Surely, My reliance is upon foundation provider by Allah who has revealed this book which explains His set-up systems and laws and it is He who is provider of solid foundation for all those who work hard to mend relationships between mankind to bring about a proper human community.
197) On the contrary those rulers, priests and money lenders upon whose false promises you people rely instead of His guidance have neither the ability to support you with such like guidance nor do they themselves have anything solid to stand upon.
198) If you people ask them to fulfil your request for guidance, they cannot and they will even ignore your request as if they are unable to hear you. You will see them looking at your request arrogantly and confused because they have no minds to think things through thoroughly to reach proper conclusions or decisions about things.
The limitations of creatures are fully exposed in these verses to drive the point home that nothing in the universe is as capable as Allah and none has the foresight or far sight to create a book like the one revealed by Allah for guidance of mankind. Not only that but people who themselves are living their lives on the basis of personal gains at the expense of each other how can they be expected to help each other? Is that not the main reason that such people oppose the community based way of life? If these people could live on basis of being helpful to each other then why will they oppose the teachings of the scriptures in the first? So people who live by personal vested interest have no basis at all because they are doomed if they help each other and doomed if they do not. That is because they also need support of people to live the way they want to live so they must devise a mechanism that works for them and the mechanism is formation of alliance with like minded people. However, such alliance cannot last for long because gradually pyramid of power concentrates power and wealth in a few hands and the rest are bound to get angry as losses mount and majority end up in painful suffering. This automatically leads to revenge attacks by people against each other due to increase in gap between have and have nots or rich and poor. So win lose situation can never be as good as win, win situation. This is why there is no future for any way of life for humanity other than the Quran based way of life as explained already in detail.
199) Therefore O prophet, you and your supporters should remain committed to working for replacing harmful and destructive way of life with proper way of life and keep striving for the well being of mankind by way of education based revolution to turn round those who are ignorant, illiterate and uneducated.
Word AFWA is from root AIN, FAA and WOW. Concrete meaning of this root is to adjust something according to requirement. Also to make changes to something to make it suitable for some purpose, to trim into shape, to defeat soundly, to cheat, to thrash, to rebuke, to remove by cutting off excessive stuff, to balance something properly, to bring something into state of equilibrium, to arrange things properly for a purpose, to put things in order, wasteland, dust, to grow wildly, to grow thick hair, to forgo, to let go, to relieve, to forgive, to achieve something without toil, to be in good health, to multiply in number, to seek one’s livelihood, to pardon, to absolve, to waive, to increase, to be exempted from, surplus, spare, extra etc etc.
Word ARID is from root AIN, RAA and DWAAD. Concrete meaning of this root is something that becomes obvious. Also to put something or lay something before someone or in front of someone, a glance at something, something that happens to someone, the top of door jam frame, the cloud that is spread wide, something that comes before someone in such a way that it blocks the way, obstacle, household goods, wealth, equipments, tools and weapons or instruments, something unreliable, to move aside, to move away or stay away from something, width, to widen, to broaden, the middle, to show, to review, to offer, to contrast, to barter, to change or replace or exchange, to match up, to reject, to occasion, to accost, to happen accidentally, to hint, to insinuate, to offer, to present, to exhibit, to expose, to show, to be put on view, to turn away from, to ignore, to overlook, to let be, to leave alone, breadth, bringing near, shun, alienate, something transient, an errand, gain, benefit, far reaching, approaching on a broad front, a cloud traversing the sky, ready subject, butt etc etc.
200) If any of the harmful and destructive mindset, attitude and behaviour leading opponent tempts any of you, seek protection through program, constitution and law of Allah because He makes His wisdom based upon vast observation obvious through His guidance for mankind to benefit from.
201) Those who are committed to being consistent with each other as a proper human community according to program, constitution and law of Allah when they are attacked by any group of the leading opponents of advised way of life by Allah with harmful and destructive desires and ambitions for personal gain they turn to guidance of Allah whereby they become aware as to how to deal with such people.
202) As for ideological supporters of those with harmful and destructive mindset, attitude and behaviour against Our advised way of life, they drag each other into deeper and deeper troubles leaving no stone unturned in their efforts to oppose rule based upon Our guidance.
203) Despite being in a terrible mess due to following personal gains based way of life at the expense of each other because you do not bring them the revelation to approve the way of life they desire, they say, have you not managed to invent something yet? Say, I do not invent things instead I faithfully follow what is revealed to me by my Creator and Sustainer. This book contains verifiable insightful evidences from your Creator and Sustainer for you to confirm for yourselves through their application as a guidance towards blissful, dignified and secure existence for people who commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
204) Therefore when the Quran is being proclaimed, understand it properly and act upon it faithfully so that you end up in blissful, dignified and secure life.
205) That is why you the mankind should strive hard day and night to spread the manifesto of your Creator and Sustainer among your human community with humility and smoothness without being loud mouth and never be of those who ignore and neglect Our advice.
206) Surely those who are truly committed to the mission of your Creator and Sustainer neither seek dominance over each other by undermining each other nor rebel against His program, constitution and law and work hard to accomplish His set goals for them according to His provided guidelines.
This surah lays foundation for mankind to become a proper human community on basis of the Quran because it is not possible for mankind to reach heights of excellence otherwise. So people who think they can, should look at history of humanity and the current state of human existence throughout the world and see if they are anywhere near achieving the targets set by the Quran and the way it tells for achieving those targets. The Quranic targets cannot be achieved any other way than the way told in the Quran itself. All ideas humanity has ever tried in opposition to that have failed to give humanity secure life it desires so much for itself yet approaches it using the wrong ways of life. This surah exposes religions as manmade things to derail humanity from the right track as well as all the social, political and economic set-ups by rulers, mullahs and money lenders. So if people want blissful, dignified and secure existence for themselves then Quran based way of life is the only way forward because working together and thereby complementing efforts of each other is the way forward not bringing each other down and pushing each other down due to rivalries and animosities. So mankind must get rid of I win you lose mentality and replace it with I win only if you win mentality. This is the very basic difference between brotherhood and animosity and rivalry. People who are enemies of others turn against even their own families and friends in time because their lives are based upon excluding people from their circles instead of including them. Personal gains and vested interest at the expense of each other cannot have any other outcome. Religions are part of this way of life and that is why the Quran constantly condemns religions and mullahs and their followers. However it is rulers and money lenders who bring in religions through mullahs so humanity needs to wake up and see what is going on in the world and who is making all these harmful and destructive things happen, how and why.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:31 PM
SURAH 8 AL ANFAAL- The way of life advised by Allah is the only way of life proper for human community to help it reach heights of excellence to maximise its productions and distributions of provisions for its well being and to help it overcome all its eventualities through surpluses and reserves
This Surah is named AL-ANFAAL from root NOON, FAA and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is more than needed or required for a purpose. Also extra, additional, surplus, over and above or in excess, something done illegally or above or outside or against the law or extra judicial, something done against the custom or agreement or expectation, open aggression, transgression, rebellion, to act hostile, commence hostilities, retaliation, fighting back, declaration of war, defence, war booty, grandson, addendum, donation, gift, contribution, river, sea, generosity, to grant something to someone or something, spoils of war, assistance, defence of others, to give more than due, voluntary works that ensure well being of family or community, largesse, help or aid, to act against oppression or suppression, to act against injustice or unfairness, to act against cruelty and rivalry or animosity, the act of reconciliation between opponents etc etc.
In the Quranic context this Surah is so named because people who are supposed to judge themselves as a community according to the Quranic standard must go extra mile than what is required of them so that excellence is achieved. That is important because Muslims are supposed to be an exemplary community for the rest of the world to see and copy, so that glory of God becomes manifest for whole of mankind to see. As explained already the same Quranic text has parallel meanings and same is true in case of text in this Surah. Just as on one hand followers of the Quran must work extra hard and be extra productive so on the other hand they must fight against use and abuse, corruption and aggression. If we look at it another way what Muslims are supposed to achieve through working extra hard is security against all sorts of poverty eg poverty of ideology, poverty of information and its understanding or knowledge, poverty of unity and organisation, poverty of thoughts and actions and poverty of anything of need or want eg poverty of food, water, shelter, medicine etc etc. In other words unless people fight against ignorance, regression and stagnation etc they cannot win. So the verses of the Quran can be interpreted both ways ie in sense of dos as well as in sense of don’ts. It is because if you do what you are not supposed to do then you are in trouble due to harm and destruction you cause but you are also in trouble if you don’t do what you are supposed to do. This is why the Quranic commands are for freedom as well as against oppression and suppression. On one hand it dictates justice and fairness but on the other it condemns injustice and unfairness. On one hand it commands compassion and on the other condemns cruelty. Likewise just as it commands hard work for prosperity it also condemns sitting idle and becoming victim of any kind of poverty. Since the Quran is a manual of peace not war so interpreting the Quranic text as a manual of war is not its right interpretation and because it is the context that decides the interpretation of the Quran and the context is very much obvious from the text of the Quran therefore anything out of its proper context is not acceptable and is same as attributing lies to Allah and his messenger if done deliberately. Moreover the Quran does not stop anyone from fighting for self defence and it is natural instinct that when law and order is not just and fair or is not implemented justly and fairly then all people are free to do as it suits them. It will be silly for God to tell antisocial and anti Islam forces to not to attack Islam or Muslims because if that is what they want to do then they will do that and they will not stop just because God tells them to. It is because such people have no respect for God or humanity. They only understand the language of power and violence because for them only might is right. Likewise it will be silly for God to tell human community or Muslims when you are attacked do not fight back because that way community or Muslims will be wiped out as sitting ducks for target of attackers.
This is why, the Quran only puts before humanity two options a) all people commit to living by way of life advised by Allah as a human family and b) if not then fight it out between yourselves as you wish till you get fed up and give up fighting or keep fighting till last man remains standing. In either case people have the level playing field. God did not create mankind for fighting with each other yet if they do that, it is their own choice. He created mankind to be sensible and creative and organise and use things provided by God appropriately so that situations do not arise whereby people end up fighting each other over things of need. So those who oppose this idea are people with harmful and destructive mindset, attitude and behaviour and unless rest of humanity keeps such people in check, these people will make everyone’s life hell including themselves. This is why God told people not to do things in ways that lead to fights and wars but if some do create situations for fights and wars then it is very important that rest of humanity keeps itself strong and sufficiently able to take hold of them so that such people do not become so powerful that the whole human race becomes their hostage. God of Quran based Islam is not interested in fights and wars between mankind but if some people are then others need to be well prepared so that they are not only able to defend themselves but should be able to defeat anti social parties in order to save mankind from terrible painful suffering at their hands. The main reason for troubles is, control of people and resources by some people in order to hold rest of humanity their hostage. This is why the Quran keeps repeating that mankind must manage human population and resources properly. If people do not come together and use manpower properly to produce and distribute things properly then peace is not possible because people have needs which cannot be met and when going gets tough people are forced to disturb law and order and so human community becomes fractured. This is why this Surah puts emphasis on proper planning and thinking ahead for proper production and distribution of things of need. It emphasises not just for fulfilling the needs but for excess or extra production so that some of the things could be kept in reserves or storage so that they could become useful when needs arise due to various factors eg when suddenly more people arrive in the Islamic state for some reason or famine strikes or any other emergency takes place for whatever reasons.
Proclaim! In the name of Allah, the provider of psychological, sociological and biological needs of mankind,
1)They will need an explanation of you about reserves. Tell them, savings through surplus production are advised for you by Allah via His messenger. So be consistent with advice of Allah for the well being of each other as a proper human community by putting in place proper measures and mechanisms for production and distribution of things through mutual consultations among yourselves to be fully self sufficient at all times. This is how you should be consistent with program, constitution and law of Allah along with His messenger if you are truly committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of human community.
Any people who have no sense of looking ahead to their better future have no future at all but if a people do look ahead then that means planning ahead for all eventualities so that a community is fully able to cope with all sorts of variations that may take place. There are at least four main factors that a community must plan ahead for a)natural disasters, b)manmade disasters, c)normal variation due to natural movements in human population that cause variations in numbers or measures of things produced for distribution and d)future investments and reinvestments for research, exploration and developments etc in order to be ready well in advance for what is expected in due course. Efficient planning, organisation and action is must for proper management of manpower and resources for proper production and distribution of things of need as already explained in detail. If goods and services are not delivered efficiently and properly at points of need and use then community is not going to do well. The main point one needs to note under this verse is need for producing surplus. To produce surplus community has to do a lot more work than it will need to do just to meet its basic needs or bare necessities. Not only that it will have to be very efficient because if it is not then even if production is fine the distribution may not be up to requirement and so even though things are there they will not reach the end users and go to waste. In other words it is a huge responsibility to be part of production and distribution mechanism. This is what leadership and management skill is all about ie being able to make proper use of people and things so that mankind could have blissful, dignified and secure existence.
2) The truly committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind can only be those who when they are told about guidance of Allah their minds become excited to act upon it because His goals and guidelines are read out to them whereby their self confidence grows that is why they end up relying on the universal set-up systems and set laws of their Creator and Sustainer,
The Quranic program is such that it cannot fail to attract such people as have human friendly, hard working and compassionate mindset, attitude and behaviour. It is precisely the reason that rulers, priests and money lenders misinterpreted divine scriptures and misrepresented them to masses causing them confusion and harm and destruction for their petty personal gains. A clear proof of their harmful and destructive mindsets, attitudes and behaviours towards humanity. This is why people who hate talking about God and his advised way of life for humanity are increasing in numbers in the world. This is not failure of God and his message but of humanity itself as has been explained in detail. The mistake people are making is not studying the divine message in its original text and context. If humanity will not come to its senses and see the divine message as it ought to look at it then it will have no future, however it is unlikely that humanity will continue on this path for very long because people will have to learn sense sooner rather than later by questioning their mindsets, attitudes and behaviours toward God, his message and humanity itself. After all where is sense in dying as a confused person? Not only that but where is sense in living in this world without having any goals worth having in this life?
3) It is people with such mindset, attitude and behaviour who establish community network through social structures, systems, procedures and practices whereby they open up production and distribution of whatever We have provided for their sustenance for the benefit of each other as a proper human community.
4) They are the ones who are truly committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of humanity as they ought to therefore belong to them heights of excellence according to set-up systems and laws of their Creator and Sustainer because they attain blissful, dignified and secure existence through securing honourable provision for themselves as a proper human community.
5) It is due to struggle for this set goal your Creator and Sustainer brought you the people out of your traditional way of life based upon personal gains at the expense of each other for the way of life that is right for a proper human community even though at the time a number of people who are now committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of humanity were hesitant for adopting this way of life.
6) The hesitant group of people argued with you people against the proper way of life for human community after it had been proclaimed before humanity as if they were being driven to their sure destruction and they could see it.
Word YUSAAQOON is from root SEEN, WOW and QAAF. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is strong enough to help something move. Also shin, shin bone, to drive, to herd along, market place, markets, a sequence, let, stem, tree trunk, to direct, to channel, conveyor, to convey, to lead, hardship, difficulty, trouble, gathering etc etc.
It is always difficult to leave behind the way of life one has lived one’s life because a person becomes well settled in his ways but the Quran is such an inspiring book that it does inspire and motivate people to start thinking and as they start thinking they finally drive themselves out of ways of life they have been born in and or have been living by. It is all a matter of how soon one gets the message and how soon one studies it and how soon one understands it properly and acts upon it faithfully.
7) However guidance of Allah motivated you people to work on any of the two parties and even though you settled for the one that was least equipped as your target, Allah planned to prove the right way of life for proper human community true through His verifiable statements in order to completely undermine the way of life of those who opposed the way of life based upon His guidance,
These verses are about open discussions and debates between people belonging to opposing ideologies in order to establish which ideology is beneficial for adopting as a proper way of life for mankind. The idea is to prove using the divine testimony which way is really worth following for mankind because it could give them a life worth living if they really followed it through.
8) So that He proves the right way of life for proper human community true and the harmful and destructive way of life for mankind false even if those who are committed to way of life based upon crimes against humanity detest it.
The way of life advised by Allah for mankind cannot fail to convince people provided they have the needed knowledge to make proper sense of it. The Quran challenges people to think over what is stated in the Quran for mankind to see if mankind were able to think this far into the past as well as into the future and at the wider and deeper level the Quran puts forth. A clear proof that the Quran could not have been produced by people 1500 years back in time even if they all had joined together in this venture.
9) Call to mind the time when you the people sought support of your Creator and Sustainer so He responded that I will help you with a force of one thousand men well trained and fully organized and equipped fit for the missionary task.
It is one thing to win arguments by debates but another to win hearts and minds by helping people understand the message properly and that needs a lot more people to help spread the proper message properly for the success of the mission. No movement or mission can succeed unless people are convinced and trained and sent back out on the mission to gain more support for it. God is telling people already working as missionaries, worry not more and more support is on the way so carry on and do not lose courage. As people on this mission take the message to more and more people and they come to join that gives them more courage and self confidence to carry on doing what they are doing. In a way it keeps the hope of a better life alive in hearts and minds of people.
10) Allah did not make this good news but a mean to raise confidence in your minds. There is no support save that which is from Allah in form of His guidance, for Allah is mighty wise ruler of this kingdom of the universe.
11) Remember long before the commencement of the battle for the mission He filled you people with confidence and stability of mind through guidance from Himself by raining down upon you the lofty and courageous thoughts to free you thereby of any weakness and to remove from you any harmful and destructive thoughts caused by the opponent of His advised way of life to solidly anchor your minds in order to help you take firm steps for the success of the mission.
Word NUAAS is from root NOON, AIN and SEEN. Concrete meaning of this root is state of calm. Also tranquillity, peace, dull, serenity, without motion, unmoved by something, undisturbed by something, state of inactiveness, drowsiness, sleepiness, unconcerned, not worried, satisfied, confident, slumber, dozing off, to beget lazy children etc etc.
Word RIJZ is from root RAA, JEEM and ZAA. Concrete meaning of this root is a state of instability or confusion. Also an illness in camels due to which their hind legs become so weak that when they try to get up they cannot and even when they do their legs tremble due to weakness, a state of confusion and instability in a nation which lead it to weakness to such degree that it is almost impossible for it to rise, harms and destructions that come about due to natural disasters, a state of confusion or instability whereby mind loses confidence or courage, depression, weakness, dirt, hunger or thirst, famine, scarcity, impurity, ballast used to steady a camel’s hadwaj or litter, plague, filth, abomination, guilt, conspiracy by the adversary or opponent, insinuation by rival, worship of idols, punishment, affliction, idolatry, lack of courage, fault or defect, imperfection etc etc.
Word YARBITA is from root RAA, BAA and TWAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to tie something unstable to something stable to give it stability. Also to anchor, to unite, to make one thing consistent with the other, to tie up, to station, garrison, to line up, to take up a position, to conclude an agreement, a band, fetters, shackles, a place where animals are kept, stables, to strengthen, to fortify, to be constant, to be steadfast, to participate in defence of the land, to man the garrisons, tethering, tying up, stationing, keeping ready, to be in touch, to have communication, to have link or connection, relationship, to keep doing something, to remain steady, to guard borders, to take proper measures for one’s security, to remain in contact with each other, to raise confidence, to stabilise one’s heart or mind etc etc.
Word YUSABBIT is from root SAA, BAA and TAA. Concrete meaning of this root is something that lasts till its purpose is served. Also something permanent or lasting, something complete or solid, something free of imperfection or defect, something free of any hole or perforation, a tree that is deeply rooted, something that does not crumble or fade away, something that is complete or perfect for its purpose, proof, evidence, solid or best explanation, something that does not move from its place, something that holds its ground, courage, something positive, something that does not bend or break or decompose, something that does not buckle, an illness that hinders a human being from moving, something that lacks instability, to immobilise, to imprison, to stand firm, to be fixed, to hold out, to establish, to make fast, to anchor, to tie something tightly to stop it from moving, to prove, to transfix, to be constant, to set fast, to make firm, to give firmness, to bolster, to strengthen, to confirm, to verify, to be steadfast, sure, free of doubt, affirmation etc etc.
12) At the time your Creator and Sustainer revealed to you the messenger for the people on the mission the message that I am with you through My guidance thereby told you to give courage to those who are truly committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind. Soon I will thereby flood with confusing thoughts minds of those who oppose rule based upon My guidance therefore go for the very foundation and lifeline of their society and dismantle each of their principle aspects they stand upon in every way till they see sense or destroy themselves.
Word RUHB is from root RAA, AIN and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to fill something with something for some purpose. Also filling of the valley with flood water, filling of the pond, to cut off something, to become unable to speak due to fear, fear, to tremble with fear, terror, fright, to frighten, to fill up a drinking trough, to be fat and flabby, to be sliced, a tall and slim beautiful woman, to cut off one’s root, to pull the earth from underneath one’s feet, to destabilise, to take away the support from underneath one upon which one is standing, to show unreasonableness in one’s stance, to show one is not standing upon firm ground, to create doubt in one’s mind, to fill one’s mind with doubtful thoughts, to make one reconsider or review his position or stand point, to make one move or waver from his position, to become terrified due to lack of stability or courage or confidence, discouragement etc etc.
The proper education, discussion or debate is a very tough and demanding thing therefore it should be conducted by people who have learned the necessary wisdom so that such people deliver the proper information or message properly. That will attract support for the mission. However if ignorant and people with vested interests will do this then the message will become adulterated and lead people to confusion therefore people could become suspicious of the message and distance themselves from the message which will lead to damage to the mission and to humanity. This is exactly what mullahs have been doing for centuries and that is why the result of that is current state of ummah in which it finds itself. Mullahs have been misinterpreting the Quranic message and misrepresenting it and so not only Muslims are unable to debate with nonMuslims but Muslims themselves are becoming fed up with mullahs’ versions of Islam due to infighting that resulted from the way mullahs did things themselves and made their followers do it. People who are Muslims only in name many of them are turning to other religions or even to atheism than staying Muslims even in name only. All this because those who claim to be Muslims hardly know why they call themselves Muslims because people hardly ever read the Quran to make proper sense of its message to follow it properly for the purpose it is sent for. So there is hardly any difference between Most of the Muslims and nonMuslims and day by day the world is getting worse and worse. If people want to change things for themselves for the better then the way open to them is to study the Quran properly and then follow its message faithfully after having its proper understanding. Here the Quran is also telling its followers to attack basis of ways of life adopted by nonMuslims and see how easily they crumble ie the ways of life adopted by nonMuslims have no leg to stand on. It is only foolishness of mullahs and their followers that is letting this ummah down and in a very bad way due to ignorance, illiteracy and lack of education. Most people who claim to be Muslims are so foolish that they claim to be Muslims yet see for themselves ways of life adopted by nonMuslims as better ways of life than Islamic way of life based upon the Quran. If we look at the way the Quran approaches the idea of discussions and debates, it is very precise therefore is bound to get results if people could be educated to see things for themselves. It puts forth what Islamic way of life is all about and then attacks unIslamic ways of life showing clearly what is wrong with them ie why they are not fit for proper human community to adopt them. This completely demolishes the stance of all nonMuslims. No wonder the Quran is a very powerful argument for way of life advised by Allah for the proper human community and also a very powerful argument against all ways of life other than that. This is why if Muslims become aware of proper message of the Quran they can bring about for themselves and rest of humanity blissful, dignified and secure life in this world but will they and how soon?
13) Things had to be done this way because they commit atrocities against each other for personal gains in defiance of program, constitution and law of Allah through His messenger for the well being of mankind and any people who oppose mission of Allah via His messenger should be aware that Allah has firmly put in place the systems and the laws to hold people strictly to His plan.
Word SHAAQQOO is from root SHEEN, QAAF and QAAF. Concrete meaning of this root is rip apart something for some reason. Also to explore, to search, to try find out something or some clue to something, to break apart, disconnect, boycott, break away, hardship, difficulty, troublesome, rivalry, opposition, animosity, to burst forth, to open, to open up, to become tired, fatigue, to be unable to cope, shock, trauma, distance, far away, apart, to separate, to explode, explosion, to split, to cleave, to slit, to rip, fissure, crack, dispute, distress, to effect disunion, to act contrarily, to burden, to put in trouble or difficulty, to argue, half, region, tract, quarter, difficult journey, toil, hard, schism, contention, heresy, rebellious disputation, breaking up etc etc.
14) All this explanation is provided so that you the mankind come to realise that people who reject and oppose Our advised way of life are bound to end up in fire of hatred against each other due to rivalries and animosities between themselves for personal gains at the expense of each other.
15) So O you who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind! When you are challenged or drawn into battle you must be fully prepared to strive hard against those who reject and wage war against the rule based upon guidance of Allah by oppressing and suppressing humanity and never should you budge from your position against them in this field of battle.
Word ZAHFAA is from root ZAA, HAA and FAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to an armed force marching forth to attack its enemy. Also to march forth, move forward, to carry on moving forward forcefully, to crawl forward, to crawl on knees, to walk forward slowly due to tiredness or with heavy feet, living things that crawl on the ground, to arrange in battlefield before the enemy, the battlefields between nations, to crawl, to creep, to drag oneself along, to advance en masse, to advance steadily and slowly, marching, battling, fighting, campaigning, striving etc etc.
This verse tells missionaries to prepare well so that you do not end up losing your fight against the oppressors and suppressers of mankind. If antisocial elements win then humanity will suffer very badly if it does not end up totally destroyed, so people must keep their minds sharp and eyes and ears open at all time. As soon as any problem arises from any direction deal with it instantly so that it does not grow and become uncontrollable. These verses are not just about delivering message of Allah to people effectively but also about handling any opposition that might lead to actual wars. In other words all opposing parties who want to live their lives in certain ways are constantly on the campaign for them to succeed against each other and this has led humanity to many wars between people throughout the world. The Quran proposes education based revolution but some people want to keep other people ignorant, illiterate and uneducated so that they could use and abuse them. So when message of the Quran is going to be delivered by some people to others, this is going to cause a constant conflict of interest and if it continues then people are going to end up in wars between themselves to decide the issue of which way of life should mankind adopt for living their lives. Since mankind have been living their lives on basis of rivalries and animosities like other animals and the Quran came to stop all that bloodshed so people who wish to see mankind adopt way of life proposed by the Quran will also have to fight their way through one way or the other. To put it another way wars cannot be avoided between mankind because even though some will accept the truth through reason others will not because they have not bothered to learn reasoning and sense, so the only language those unsocial elements understand is might is right. Since armed robbers are ignorant, stubborn and arrogant the law enforcing people must also have the power to stop them or humanity will end up at mercy of criminal elements in it. This is why the Quran and the sword go hand in hand ie they are complementary forces. The Quran guards the use of sword through set out goals and provided guidelines and the sword guards the program, the constitution and the law of Allah for the well being of mankind so that people are kept going the way Allah has planned things for them for their well being. Islam does not mean peace but a way to peace and that way involves education for people as well as disciplining them.
16) Be warned that any party of you that leaves its position in the battlefield on any such occasion unless it be for battlefield strategy or to join its supporting force will be left by Allah on the way of life that leads to painful suffering and think about how awful that life of painful suffering will be for it!
In this verse the Quran is drawing attention of people who are campaigning for the success of the mission from Allah that think about what will happen to you and the rest of mankind if you failed to fulfil your given task ie you will end up in life of painful suffering.
17) Furthermore you people did not enter in battle with them for your personal gains but for the reason that way of life based upon guidance of Allah has assured their defeat by your hands therefore when you bombard them with whatever you bombarded them with, it was based upon guidance of Allah so that He puts through hard work those who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind by way of a struggle for making the world a beautiful place for humanity. That is how Allah makes obvious for mankind His vast awareness about all things.
What is so special in the message of Allah that helps its followers defeat opponents of rule based upon guidance of Allah? It is information that explains plan of Allah and how world is set-up by him to work to fulfil his plan so none can work outside that setup. The better people are aware about things the better they plan their lives so proper outcome is therefore ensured for their properly planned and executed actions. Moreover whenever and wherever the naturally set balance is disturbed in any way it forces mankind to react against it because it becomes a threat for survival of humanity. So humanity cannot escape setup systems and laws no matter what. This is what proves the Quran a verifiably true book which originates from the creator and sustainer of this universe.
18) And that is something for you the mankind to think about because that is how Allah undermines all schemes of those who reject and oppose rule based upon His guidance.
19) If you sincerely wanted the proper way of life for becoming a proper human community made clearly obvious for you then it has been made clearly obvious for you. So if you will stop acting harmfully and destructively against each other from now on as explained then that will ensure your well being but if you will still continue doing things the old way after the proper way of doing things has been made clear for you then Our setup systems and laws will continue making you face the same kind of results of your own actions and your numbers as a group however large they may be will not avail you at all because set-up systems and laws as revealed by Allah fully support only those who commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
The fact that Allah is with those who work for the mission of Allah simply means that when people work together as one people helping each other to achieve God set goals according to provided guidelines then there is no way people will not succeed in accomplishing the goals if they organised and regulated themselves and worked out proper plans of actions and executed them faithfully. The Quran is not talking about supernatural help by Allah but about people understanding and following his guidance.
20) So O you who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind, be consistent with program, constitution and law of Allah along with His messenger and do not turn your backs on His message now that you have heard it.
Here the Quran is telling people that listening to message of Allah means doing things once people have become aware of them. If people just listen to the message and do not bother to follow it then the whole purpose of listening to the message is lost. The whole purpose of any message sent to anyone by the sender is so that the recipient acts on the message after becoming aware of it according to the wishes of the sender. This is particularly true in case of creator and sustainer for his human creatures.
21) So do not be like those who say, we hear the message but they do things like those who have not bothered to hear and understand the message.
A very important point is made here that if people do not do things they are told or do things they are told not to do then end result has to be the same as those who have not bothered listening to the message or to understand it properly and act upon it faithfully. So people who claim to be followers of the Quran but do not read it for its proper understanding for acting upon it faithfully, their declaration of commitment to this message becomes questionable and doubtful. As has been explained already the message of the Quran is to put up a proper struggle for establishing a kingdom based upon guidance of Allah so that people could have blissful, dignified and secure existence. All energies and resources or labour people can offer must be used towards that end and to maintain the kingdom properly once it has come about and to go for further goals after that goal has been achieved as has been explained and more explanations are yet to come.
22) Surely most harmful and destructive of the living creatures in sight of Allah are those people who act as if they are deaf and dumb to His set goals and provided guidelines having learned no sense to understand and do things properly.
Word DAWAAB is from root DAAL, BAA and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is something that proceeds slowly and gently but quietly. Also anything that moves on the earth, all crawling and walking animals and insects, slow speed, Trojan horse, subversive group of people or device placed within enemy ranks, the hollow wooden horse, a trap intended to undermine an enemy, a group of people that supports enemies by engaging in espionage or sabotage, an enemy within, the sound of steps when walking on hard ground, noise in general, to beat the drum, an animal that walks on two or four feet, to spread, to creep, to circulate, to flow, thudding sound, living creatures in general etc etc.
This kind of verses have been explained already and they make it very clear that mankind do not depend on divine guidance to begin with to learn how to be sensible people. Once they have learned sense from their life experiences using their God given brains and senses only then guidance from Allah matters otherwise if one gave the book of Allah to a baby, he will only tear its pages and put them in his mouth. So one can see how important it is for mankind to be reasonably knowledgeable enough to be able to understand the book of Allah before they start reading it for its proper understanding.
23) Had Allah found in them beneficial and constructive mindset, attitude and behaviour towards His guidance and mankind then He would have indeed made their heeding to His guidance evident through their actions. Even though He had made sure that His message is delivered to them yet they had turned away and that is the clue that they heard it not.
Guidance from Allah only benefits people who see its need and they can only see its need if they have learned enough from their own life experiences otherwise they are as good as donkeys and monkeys who have no clue what is going on all around them because they have not paid any attention to anything in the outside world, which shows their lack of proper use of their brains and senses. So if people do not use their brains and senses to learn and do things then revelation or no revelation makes no difference. After all things only draw one’s attention through senses and rest is up to oneself. Likewise the revelation of Allah only draws attention of people and rest is up to themselves as to how far they wish to explore things. This is why the Quran condemns people as worst than animals who pay no attention to themselves to become self aware and pay no attention to the world in which they live to become aware of it and so they do not make themselves ready to look for further information beyond themselves ie revelation of their creator and sustainer. This is why when their attention is drawn to the message from Allah by anyone, they just ignore it because they have not prepared themselves for receiving the message of their creator and sustainer as it ought to be received. Receiving the message any other way than the way it can serve its purpose is as good as not receiving it at all as explained already. These like verses make stupidity of mullahs obvious who tell people it is up to Allah to choose who to guide and who not to guide and matters not what people do or not do. This is most stupid thing to attribute to Allah because Allah never stops anyone from getting anything one deserves and what makes anyone to deserve anything is one’s own effort for it. It is never the case with Allah that he gives anything to anyone not deserving it or that he does not give anything who deserves it. If Allah had set up things that way then nothing could have worked because putting things together in a way they cannot work is not expected of Allah because he repeatedly claims to be wise and draws attention of people to look at how he has put together the universe to work in an organised and regulated way. He tells people repeatedly to use their brains to learn sense to make sense of things. This is why only ignorant, illiterate and uneducated people accept nonsense of mullahs.
24) O you who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind, respond properly to the message of Allah and the call of His messenger when he invites you to that which is for giving you a brilliant future, so be aware of the fact that guidance of Allah surely acts as a go-between between environment in which a person exists and his heart and that is why in due course it is He according to whose guidance you will become united as a proper human community.
Word YAHOOL is from root HAA, WOW and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is change that takes place in something in some sense. Also crooked bow, change from one state of existence to another, to separate from other things, barren land, the difference that comes about in something, unevenness, imperfection, present, squint, decline, fall, death, change in environment, environment, atmosphere, surrounding, the dividing factor, partition, obstacle between two things to separate them, dividing line, to cause change in direction of something, to remove or eliminate, impossibility, contradiction, conflict, to have the capacity to do something, the reach, influence, to dig out one’s secret, to find something about someone secretly, to have within power, caretaker, looking after, witness, to look at someone sharply, year, to complete a year, to change or alter, to shift, to deviate, to prevent, to screen off, to interpose, to bar, to try, to refer, around, about, circa, power, to plan, to contrive, to extract, to beguile, to deceive, method, circumstance, condition, to separate between, to come between, to cut off from, to intervene, all around, turning away, to move from one place to another, means, way out, solution, overwhelming, overreaching, to fill something with something, to let something take hold over something, to influence, to be influenced etc etc.
Word BAAYEN is from root BAA, YAA and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is to separate things from each other in some sense. Also to make things distinct from each other, severance, division, separation, disconnection, to become divorced, between or in between, among or amongst, middle, to clarify, to declare, to explain, eloquence, to make clear, to bring out into the open, to make manifest, to specify, to itemise, to enunciate, to express oneself clearly, to become known, to become distinct, to become discernible, to discern, to discriminate, to act in a judicious way, to discover, to realise, to become marked out, sure, evident, clear evidence, proof, to become actual reality, to make an idea become a real thing, to actualise hidden potentialities, something enlightening, something that helps guide something, verification, something that shows the way, something that makes something perspicuous, something flagrant, something visible, something decisive, something that helps decide something about something, something that helps sort out things, elucidation, faculty of speaking, faculty of thinking, the ability to express oneself, to announce, clarification, connection or link, bond or relationship etc etc.
Word MAR-I is from root MEEM, RAA and ALIF. Concrete meaning of this root is something that serves its purpose beautifully or pleasantly. Also humanity, humanitarian, well being of mankind, manhood, courage, pleasantness, man or woman or person, something wholesome and palatable eg food, to be digestible, food passage, digestive tract, a human being, chivalrous, character, generosity of nature, to be humane, something nourishing, a party or family or team or community or nation etc etc.
25) So guard yourselves thereby as a brotherhood of humanity against ways of life that divide you into individuals on basis of personal gains at the expense of each other and think not, harm and destruction in human community only affects those of you who cause it but you too as individuals and families will be dragged into it, so be warned in advance that set-up systems and laws of Allah are strict in holding people to His plan.
This verse delivers to mankind a very important message that it is up to people themselves to make best use of provided guidance of Allah by making their world beautiful and pleasant. By ignoring the provided guidance people can only dig their own graves. However, the effort required of mankind is very demanding for this task, particularly to begin the movement for this goal and then keeping it going despite all problems that individuals will face from each other. However, as momentum is created then things will become easier and easier because opposition will start fading away with time and support will increase so things will accelerate.
26) That is why you should call to mind how He sheltered you when you were a few in numbers and were lacking in power in the world, always worrying in case your enemies take you as their slaves but He sheltered you by helping you through His helpful guidance by making you participate with each other constructively for the well being of each other so that you make proper use of provided sustenance by establishing a kingdom based upon His guidance.
Word AAWAA is from root ALIF, WOW and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is something towards which something turns for its protection in some sense. Also a flock of birds that live together because they find security in numbers, to turn towards home for shelter, refer to something that helps one feel secure, to turn towards someone to help or protect, a place wherein something feels secure or protected, shelter, refuge, home, abode, to accommodate, to shelter, to show kindness, to repair, place of retreat, dwelling or abiding in or by, staying, destination etc etc.
The main point made here is the way people can protect themselves against harms and destructions of all sorts, which is living together as a proper human community based upon guidance in the Quran. These verses explain why Allah created this world and why he sent his messages and messengers and what is expected of people and why. Here Allah leaves none in doubt that his responsibility was to provide guidance for mankind and things to fulfil their needs with and to act on that guidance is responsibility of people themselves. Individualism against proper human community is therefore declared dangerous. The community is only proper if it is based upon proper understanding of guidance of Allah not otherwise. The Quran is not interested in justice in sense of people having unjust laws and deciding maters on that basis thereby some who can, take undue advantage of others. Likewise the Quran is not interested in any human society that is not based on the proper understanding of guidance of Allah. In any such society some people who can, are going to oppress and suppress others so disadvantaged individuals are going to be put through a lot of painful suffering. Such societies can only end up in civil strifes in time because some people who are not happy with what is going on are going to rise against the others. So the major point the Quran makes is that be a proper human family that is caring and sharing otherwise you have no right to anything and there is no law in that case for anyone. The Quran does not give users and abusers freedom to use and abuse people by keep telling the people in painful suffering that you should live by law and let the users and abusers use and abuse you. Instead it tells people that if that is the case then you must rise and put an end to such participation of people with each other and bring about a proper human community. Painful suffering and its root causes must be removed at all costs. This is why the need for campaign the Quran advises for coming together and doing something about it. When any people attack humanitarian interests that are made clear in the Quran then people who agree with the message of the Quran must do all they can to put things right.
27) Therefore O you who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind! Do not betray knowingly set goals and provided guidelines by Allah through His messenger nor violate or breach your trusts in each other as a proper human community for personal gains at the expense of each other knowingly.
Consistency is absolutely necessary if people want to create a blissful, dignified and secure existence for themselves in this world. This means basing community on solid foundation and keeping each other on that foundation always so that set goals could be accomplished and guidelines could be followed properly. If foundation is dodgy then that forces people to think and act accordingly or if people try to take undue advantage of each other then such a human society is doomed from the very start.
28) So be alert always as a proper human community that things you are provided with for your sustenance and people under your care are for your proper management to accomplish His set goals according to His guidelines and that is why it is Allah upon whose guidance rests great outcome for your thoughts and actions.
The guidance from Allah gives one foundation for win, win situation and without that situation always has to be win or lose situation. It is because you either help others or you take undue advantage of others and there is no in between. This is why people can either have a proper human community or they can be rivals and enemies of each other therefore never be a community.
29) So O you who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind! If you really wanted to be consistent with program, constitution and law of Allah for the well being of humanity then He has provided you with a standard in order to prevent you from harmful and destructive thoughts and actions against each other in order to provide you with a way of life to protect yourselves as a proper human community, because upon guidance of Allah alone rests utmost degree of blissful, dignified and secure life for mankind.
People can never establish a kingdom with blissful, dignified and secure existence for themselves unless they base themselves or dwell upon the guidance of Allah and for that they will have to be willing to do so. This willingness cannot come in them unless they use their brains and senses to become aware of themselves and their environment and see what is going on and why and if they see anything wrong in there do they wish to change it? If so what should be the basis for this change and how the change could be effected? So people that think they can change the world for the better without any real basis or without knowing way to do so are living in the imaginary world. This is why the Quran talks about things that people need to be aware of before they could realise them in actual reality.
30) That is why you should call to mind how at the time those who rejected and opposed way of life advised by Allah for the well being of mankind were plotting against you the people to keep you in chains or to keep you down or to keep you out of your rightful place in human society. That is how they conspired to do things their way but Allah planned to do things His way and Allah is best of those who plan things.
It is always plan of rulers, mullahs and money lenders to keep people under their control but message of Allah is all about freeing humanity from chains people bind each other by to take undue advantage of each other for personal gains. This verse explains in a nutshell what Islam is really about to begin with ie a deen and not a mazhab as already explained.
31) So at the time when Our revelations were proclaimed to them, they said, we heard them and if we wished, we too could say things like them because these are just tales of the ancients.
When God reports what a people said or did, the wording must be interpreted in context of the level of information and understanding those people had at the time. So in this verse God is telling us people understood the Quranic text as mere verses telling stories of the past people. They failed to realise purposes behind revelation of these verses and the reported stories. In other words these people took the Quranic message as mere made up stories by story tellers either because they were ignorant or because they were stubborn and arrogant. The foolish people are those who had not yet developed the proper ability for understanding the message to see it in its proper context for its purpose but dominant people are usually arrogant who do not give any importance to anything other than themselves ie they are self centred people. The ignorant need to be educated to a level whereat they could see the message of the Quran for themselves and the arrogant need to be drawn towards the message by ways they are used to looking at things to ensure their dominance. In other words each person needs to be drawn towards the Quran the way one can be. Different people need different approach and once they are drawn towards the Quran then soon they are taken over by the Quran because it is a very powerful message. A ruler can be drawn to the message of the Quran by discussions and debates about rule. A mullah can be drawn to the Quran by discussions and debates over religions and money lender can be drawn towards the Quran by discussions and debates about use of money in human society. In other words people need to be challenged on their views about life in this world and then offered alternatives that work better for human community.
32) That is why at the time they said, O Allah! If this Quran is from You in actual fact then rain down upon us stones from the heavens or afflict us with some dreadful punishment to punish us for refusing to accept this Quran.
Word AMTIR is from root MEEM, TWAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to expose oneself to something to be influenced or affected by it in some sense. Also rain, to hail, to pray for rain, to be steady in one’s views, habit, custom, to seek assistance, to cause to pour over, downpour, rain-giving, something that falls upon someone like rain, rain of bundles of problems or troubles or difficulties or calamities or catastrophes, rain that brings prosperity, rain of plentiful or abundance of all kind of things of need or want, rain can prove good as well as bad for people depending upon what happens to people when it rains, rain of arrows or bullets or stones is not same as rain of gifts of nature etc etc.
Word HIJAARAH is from root HAA, JEEM and RAA. As explained already it means obstacle, stoppage, prohibition, partition, structure, building, constitution, law, limitation, restriction, a chamber, a room, stones or pebbles, pebbles stacked up on top of each other, dominant or leading or influential people, milestone, standard, houses, tents, compartments, departments, gold or silver, a very alert or clever person, protection, security, a shelter for camels, people living in mountains, intellect, intelligence, jammed or stagnant societies that stop developing or progressing, difficult terrain etc etc.
This verse shows how people were misled by their rulers, priests and money lenders into believing all sorts of nonsense about God, his messages and his messengers. They thought of God as a tyrant monster who gets angry for no reason and blesses people for no reason. A God who does things without any plan or purpose ie an irrational being. This is why whenever there came a divine messenger to them, they asked him to prove his claim by showing supernatural acts. Since this has been explained already I will simply say that such miracles were never produced by divine messengers to prove their divine authorisation. These people were put up to this by their religious leadership so that they get no such miracles so they believe not any true claimant of divine messengership and remain slaves of their rulers, priests, feudal landlords and moneylenders etc. Miracles do not and cannot prove divine origin of anything because proof is only an explanation of events by a witness in form of a testimony that proves reliable through verifiable evidences. This is why the Quran is a testimonial proof and not a miracle in the sense these ignorant and misled people expected. The point for people to consider is, it is God himself who created people without knowing anything but capable of learning. God cannot get angry with people if they make mistakes during their learning process. So all make belief based doctrines are false and stand no chance against divine truth. In the Quran we can repeatedly see how Allah explains things to help people become sensible instead of getting angry with them due to their foolishness. Problems are only those people who make their decisions on bases of personal gains at the expense of community spirit. Even then their problem is left to community to sort it out by educating itself. If community does not educate itself then that is not fault of God. It is because each person is given brain and senses and all necessities to become aware of oneself and one’s environment and things in it and then turn to divine revelation for further guidance for living a better life.
33) But Allah could not leave them to keep suffering the painful torment as a result of their own actions the while you were in their midst delivering His message to help them uplift themselves. Nor is Allah such that, He lets suffer the terrible pain any people while there are among them such as are truly seeking protection through His blissful guidance.
34) But how can guidance of Allah protect them against painful suffering if they themselves are avoiding learning it and put obstacle in the path of movement for establishing the kingdom based upon it therefore they do not support it? Its supporters can only be those who are consistent with its stated goals and guidelines for the well of mankind yet most of them do not learn sense to understand things properly.
To establish a kingdom based upon universal goals of peace, progress and prosperity of mankind and values such as justice, fairness, compassion and brotherhood is not an easy task at all. People need to have a lot of information about a lot of things and need to enable themselves to be able to understand all that before they can really see in which direction they should move and why. In short education based revolution is a very slow process. One only has to think back how long it took humanity to arrive at where it is today from where it all started. This gives mankind idea how many more human generations will pass before humanity is anywhere near establishing true heavenly kingdom in this world. However struggle continues but perhaps people should try establishing such kingdoms here and there at a smaller level to keep things alive. This like verses in the Quran make it absolutely clear that bringing about kingdom based upon guidance of Allah is not a one man thing rather to accomplish such a goal needs cooperation of humanity at least in sufficient numbers.
35) So their social networking against Our provided social structure could not be for anything other than gaining influence over each other to take undue advantage of each other. That is why We say, then suffer the consequences due to your rejection and opposition to Our set goals and provided guidelines.
Word MUKAA-A is from root MEEM, KAAF and WOW. Concrete meaning of this root is to make some loud or sharp noise just to gain attention. Also to summon or to direct something or someone by way of some signal or sharp noise to do something, an expression of disapproval, to show contempt, whistle, a sharp high pitch sound or noise, to say something loudly, a certain bird with long whistling sound, buttocks, animal furrows, to wash, to sweat, to perspire, to work long and hard, to suffer much due to misdeed, to excrete, to cause to work excessively, to make one over work and underpay him, to interrogate someone under duress, to extract information under duress, exhaustive labour, aimless endeavour, to worry intensely, to endure anxiously, to wet, to cleanse, to rid of corruption or guilt, purify, to separate constituents by immersion in water, to be carried away by flood water, rump, something lacking proper authority, something having no basis, something lacking foundation, to do something worthless, to utter empty slogans, to make hollow claims, to deceive, to make empty noises, meaningless or purposeless movements, efforts that have no useful objective to accomplish, to gather people around a useless end etc etc.
Word TASDIYAH is from root SWAAD, DAAL and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is meaningless movement. Also echo of a sound, an echo of a sound reflected by a mountain or some object, clapping of hands, noise, meaningless noise, to come before someone, to come face to face, unpleasant sound, to confront someone again and again, to keep coming back to someone or something, to pay attention to something or someone, to refer to something or someone, intense thirst, to become thirsty, to soothe, to coax, to endeavour, human corpse, skull, to accost, to give full attention, to yearn, to crave, to feel the need for, to long for, to encounter, to oppose, to be hostile, to compare things by setting them side by side, to bring things together for examination, to deal with something etc etc.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:32 PM
36) Surely such people as reject and oppose rule based upon guidance of Allah by using whatever they have at their disposal to stop people from the way of life advised by Allah they will spend yet more to try and stop people from the way of life advised by Allah, however in time their that very doing will become a regrettable thing for them because they will become completely overwhelmed by each other by undermining each other for personal gains. That is how those who reject and oppose way of life based upon guidance of Allah will be gathered together by each other into the ditch of fire of hatred due to adopting ways of life based upon personal gains at the expense of each other.
The Quran repeatedly tells mankind that only way of life advised by Allah can lead them to blissful, dignified and secure existence as a proper human community and any other way of life they invent and adopt will only and only lead them to self destruction in due course because people can never have a way of life which is not based upon personal gains at the expense of each other. It is because you can either live for each other or against each other. To live for each other has been told already by Allah and so people cannot reinvent what Allah has already created for them so all they can do is follow what is already there than keep fighting against it and ending up in painful suffering. No wonder so many human beings are so stupid that they are trying to reinvent the wheel. They are keep rejecting the advised way of life by Allah yet keep moving each other in the very same direction, so why not stand still and think what is really going on? Has humanity not freed itself from absolute monarchy? Have they not freed themselves from absolute theocracy? Are they not yet fed up with money based way of life? All this was explained already in the scriptures then had they followed the scriptures then could they not have saved themselves from all this bloodshed and painful suffering? So people can still save themselves from any more bloodshed and painful suffering but are they going to do this? I do not think so going by the record of human history. People say there is no book from God if there was one we will have followed it but that is not really true if we look at human history. The Quran is there telling us about a beautiful way of life and we are not bothered. So all our excuses are just excuses we just want to do things the hard way so Allah will have to wait till we have sorted out things the way we think is right for us. What a funny kind of creatures we human beings are!
37) In order that Allah may separate the people with harmful and destructive mindsets, attitudes and behaviours against proper human community from the people with beneficial and constructive mindsets, attitudes and behaviours towards human community, He lets people with harmful and destructive ambitions and desires come together as a mass as if piled up on one another and lets them land in the pit of fire of hatred of their own making because they are of those who follow the way of life that lands them in utter destruction.
38) So tell those who reject and oppose rule based upon Our guidance, if they will stop opposing Our advised way of life and instead adopt it from now on, the losses due to their past behaviour will become limited but if they will continue living on basis of personal gains at the expense of each other then let them reflect upon the consequences of similar traditions and practices of people who have passed before them.
This verse makes very clear the way to reconciliation between mankind. The best way is to draw a line under the past and make a new start. One has to note the very important point here and that is basis for reconciliation and new start. It is no longer abiding by old ways of life based upon personal gains at the expense of each other but instead abiding by new way of life which means living for each other as a proper human community. This is the way the Quran teaches people about nation building. It is a matter of switching from one way of life to another completely. This is not possible unless a great number of people have been convinced and brought together and are ready to switch over and have the ability to make things work as explained already.
39) However if they persist then campaign against them until they are unable to cause divisions and wars between people on the basis of personal gains anymore and mankind adopt the way of life advised by Allah fully but if they stop and reform then Allah will surely make obvious for them all that they ought to be doing for the well being of people as a proper human community.
40) Yet if they turn their backs on guidance of Allah then be aware that guidance of Allah is surely your supporter, a supporter towards blissful, dignified and secure existence as well as a blissful and dignified protector.
Here the Quran leaves one in no doubt that any people who take humanity forward on basis of common good are the ones who stand on the right spot as far as Allah is concerned. People who hinder unity, peace, progress and prosperity of humanity are not approved by Allah. Such verses tell people that just saying I am a Muslim is not good enough unless one understand the Quran and becomes truly committed to message of the Quran by acting according to it as per one’s own situations and circumstances. First step is proper understanding of the Quran by oneself and then spreading its message to help others understand it properly. Once people become convinced by the message of the Quran then it is up to them to come together to organise and regulate themselves into a community. After that it is only a matter of expanding this organisation till it has enough population in one place to turn it into an exemplary kingdom based upon the Quranic model, so that the rest of the world could see what is best way for them to live their lives by and to adopt it for their own well being.
41) Due to this help of Allah you are made aware that anything of value you come to possess as a proper human community at least one-fifth of it you should keep as reserve as per advice of Allah and rest of it is for the messenger to use it for the proper human community for its individuals such as settled and the newcomers if you are truly committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to the program, constitution and law of Allah on the basis of that which We have sent to Our missionary for the day of clear distinction between the way of life based upon guidance of Allah and the way of life people invent and adopt for themselves for the day of opposing factions meeting each other. That is how Allah has setup systems and laws to take care of all affairs relating all things.
This verse is telling mankind very clearly that all that exists belongs to Allah alone and people have his authority only if they use all things as per his advice. Any wrong use of his provision is condemned by Allah again and again. Here the Quran talks about anything mankind get their hands on must be used in community spirit. It is advised here that whatever community has it must keep some part of it as reserved and the rest should be used very sensibly for the well being of the community for its individuals. The decision for that rests with all members of the community because it has to be based upon mutual consultation as to how community wants to use things it has. When people have all they produced before them and have the needs of community before them then they can divide things as will serve the community the best. The Quran does not allow mentality that one could say since I produced this or that therefore it only and only belongs to me. This is due to the fact that man has not created anything at all eg he did not create land or its resources. He is only and only a consumer and for that he has to work and whatever he gets from his work, it does not belong all to him because a lot of work done by nature was due to setting up of things by Allah. Not only that but whatever he has learned in his life time is also commonly accumulated heritage for which ways and means were provided by Allah and the human community. In other words, had humanity not taught man things he has learned to do, one could not do anything at all. Interdependence of mankind is very much obvious because one could not even come to being without those who brought him about. Now if man depends on others for everything he needs then what is wrong if others in return depend on him? This is why one is not thinking right if one has no concern for community and its members ie fellow human beings. This is why any system that kills community spirit and promotes individualism at the expense of community life is not acceptable. It is because once you start excluding people out of your circle of human family then where is at all going to end? Come to think of it, it is not that one is excluding others from his circle but one is in actual fact isolating oneself from the rest of human family. Only a mentally ill person can think like that who needs nobody because if one looks around all people need each other and that is why humanity is a family. The relatives you have also have relatives so this relationship linkage extends to whole human race. This is why it is important to bring people together not drive wedge between them to separate them. This is why the valid criterion is necessary to include or exclude people if we must. The best criterion is only and only that which is offered by the Quran in form of goals and guidelines as explained already. Community is only community if it is there for each other so if community itself oppresses and suppresses its individuals then there is no community because that prevents individuals from developing into useful members of community. This is why a healthy working balance has to be reached and maintained for a united, peaceful, progressive and prosperous community and its individuals. This is why it is necessary to have discussions and debates to find out the true and proper way of life for mankind by battling things out between opposing sides. One cannot prove truth by use of force but by use of reason based explanations of things.
42) Behold! You were on the right side of the divide due to your commitment to higher goals but they were on the wrong side of the divide and their commitment was to debasing objectives against you which was harmful and destructive for all of you. Even if you had promised each other to meet each other on the battleground at an agreed time and place yet you will have failed but Allah sought to accomplish what He had planned so that those who still went for path of painful suffering and destruction may do so after clear proof has been placed before them and those who wanted blissful life and bright future may do so after clear proof is placed before them also. That is how Allah makes obvious for mankind that He is fully aware of all affairs therefore able to guide them properly to blissful, dignified and secure life as a proper human community.
Word UDWAH is from roots AIN, DAAL and WOW/YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is distant. Also strangers, people separated from each other, faraway place, side or bank or edge, wedge, something shaped like a wedge or used like a wedge or acts like a wedge, to split or force apart, to create animosity, to push people away from each other, enemy, to become lodged or jammed, to fix in place, to squeeze into a limited space, to try to create a space and increase it in something in some sense where there is none by using some idea or thing, unhelpful, troubling, battle trained horses, walk briskly, run, to confront at once, to rise to challenge quickly, transgress, go beyond accepted or agreed limit, to use force in a destructive way, an infection that spreads from one person to another, a person who has no respect for limits, two sides of a valley, to cross from one side to the other, to pass, to infect, calamity, corruption, to boycott, to violate commands, to turn away from, to abandon, to feud with, to treat or take as an enemy, to exchange hostility with, to over step the limits, to assault, to act unlawfully, to commit perjury, to charge or attack or carry out a raid, hostile, aggression or transgression, adversity, opposition etc etc.
Word DUNYAA is from root DAAL, NOON and WOW. Concrete meaning of this root is something at hand. Also present, close by or near, lower, world, earth, universe, inhabitants of the earth or world, human race, gift, human society or community, realm or domain, a part of the world, a state of existence, a large amount, much, worldly life, a particular field of knowledge or human activity, something connected to the world in some sense, to be near, to come close, to approach, to bring close, to approximate, this life or this world, to become bare, to behave despicably, a vile person, to draw close, to lower, to cause hang over, to draw over, within easy reach, hanging down, hanging low, nearer or nearest, close or closest, less in distance, less in number, fewer, less in duration, worse, lower or lowest in value or status, more likely, probable, weak, aged, old, worn, hardship, to live in poverty, to cover something with something, to be small, humble, troubling, secular, non-religious, worldly wise, people or human world etc etc.
Word RAKBU is from root RAA, KAAF and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is the ways and means used to arrive where one has to be. Also mount, to mount, to ride, to board, a travelling group, caravan, boat, to accumulate, to stack up, complex, to commit, knee, to injure one’s knee, to progress or develop, to move on or upward, to compose, to put together, to stack up on top of one another, to cluster, to be in rows, travelling party, a group of travelling camel riders, something upon which depends one’s survival, ways and means of survival, ways and means used to survive, things that helped mankind to come to existence and carry on living, human beings rode on many things to be in existence today, to be carried or conveyed as in a vehicle or on a horseback, to travel over a surface, to move by way of an intangible force or impetus, to seem to float, to be contingent, to depend upon something for some purpose, to be supported by or carried by, to tease or ridicule, a means of transportation, to deceive or swindle, to have sexual intercourse, to copulate, to be confident, to be successful, to rise, a means or system of transportation, to stack one thing on top of another, to make one thing depend on another, evolutionary mechanisms whereby mankind evolved in stages biologically and psychologically and sociologically etc etc.
Word ASFAL is from root SEEN, FAA and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is something very basic. Also simple, low in status, humble, to be lowest of the low, debased, disgraced, low class, a terrible state of existence, humiliation, to be low, to go low, to be base, to be vile, lower part of an object, low or lowest position, abject, dilapidated, shrivelled, vanquished etc etc.
The divide between mankind on the basis of how groups of people wish to live their lives is a very serious one and has been there always so all groups have been fighting over things always verbally as well as with weapons. A divine messenger comes with messages from his creator and sustainer telling all in his jurisdiction to turn to a way of life advised by God because it can ensure their well being as a proper human community. People with vested interest oppose the message and the messenger and if matter is not resolved by education and learning then people try to sort things out by wars. It is result of some people setting up a way of life that gives them domination over others and others when they get opportunity fight for their freedom from this situation that is imposed upon them. God always wanted people to educate themselves and solve all problems between them through reason based discussion and debates or dialogues. However, people who live like animals do things as they see fit for themselves so fights and wars between factions will continue till mankind have learned to get along with each other as a brotherhood of humanity.
43) Remember, in your thoughts Allah made them appear to you very limited in their objectives and the supportive arguments, had He shown them to you widely aware then you will have surely lost courage and instead you will have quarrelled even among yourselves about this matter and that is how Allah helped you win peace because He makes evident the very motives in minds of people through results of their own actions.
Word FASHIL is from root FAA, SHEEN and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is something that appears to be frail in some sense. Also not of substance, something that cannot stand to reason, something that has no basis, weak, lazy, faint hearted, cowardly, to lose heart, to fail, to weaken, to give up, lose hope, unsuccessful, despair, to be soft, to be on the wrong side of the law, left hand or left-handed, running of water etc etc.
Word TANAAZA is from root NOON, ZAA and AIN. Concrete meaning of this root is to pull out something from its proper place and put it in a different place where it does not belong. Also differ, dispute, fight, argue, displace, to move something from its place, to separate, to pull something out of its place, to move away, something that comes off its place, to stop from doing something, to pull off one’s clothes, to cause one to take off one’s clothes, to take something out of something by pulling, campaigning party, revolutionary movement, to take away something of something, to offer something to someone, to refuse to take the offer, to strip off, to pull at, to incline, an archer, to take after, to walk briskly, to strive, to desire, to exchange, controversy, to take out, to remove, to withdraw, to abolish, to take away, to sweep away, to tear away, to uproot, to peel off, to select, to choose, to draw, to pluck out, to root out, to contend with, to be at variance with one another, to debate an issue, to differ with one another, to discuss, to pass something around in a friendly manner, to discard, one which resolutely tears away etc etc.
44) So at the time when you locked them in the battle of wits He exposed them to you as a people weak in objectives and arguments before your very eyes whereas He saw them taking you as merely an ill equipped minority in their eyes yet Allah let the truth about His plan be established through that very party because ultimately only according to set-up systems and laws of Allah all plans find their fulfilment.
Word YUFALLI is from root ALIF, FAA and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is considered insignificant. Also something negligible, something not worth considering, something weak, something that fades away or disappears, setting or disappearance of bright or visible stars, to decrease in importance or value or usefulness, to be absent, to go away, to disappear, to set, that which sets, something lacking in something, defective, incomplete, someone weak in intelligence, a person of unsound mind, a person who keeps changing his mind about something due to lack of full knowledge about it, setting of moon, to be or become small, to become unclear to see or become dim or foggy or misty or hazy, anything that changes in some sense etc etc.
45) Therefore O you who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind! When you are facing the opposition you should be firmly grounded in your thoughts and actions, that is how you should strive to spread the message of Allah widely so that you could end up successful in your given mission.
46) That is how you should be consistent with program, constitution and law of Allah along with His messenger and never argue with one another baselessly about the mission that unites you because you will disintegrate as a proper human community and weaken your strength that way therefore instead show endurance and persistence in pursuing set out objectives according to provided guidelines because guidance of Allah supports those who take steps steadfastly but sensibly towards the set goals.
These verses are telling people that to begin with they must be sure within themselves about their cause that it is worth taking up or supporting. Once they know this for sure then they must unite and organise properly before taking on the opposition. Otherwise if they have doubts about their cause due to being ignorant, illiterate and uneducated and go forth disorganised then instead of confronting opposition, people will start arguing or fighting among themselves. Confusion and chaos does not lead to any worthwhile outcome. It must be remembered that in the surahs already studied we have seen how much emphasis the Quran put on proper education and training of people and all because everything depends on how good are the people who are given the task to carry out. There is no point in repeating all that here again. So people who think they can win people over to cause of better world without studying things in detail and helping others to do the same are living dream world of ignorance. These like verses also tell us how good are the mullahs for the ummah when it comes to education of people of this ummah. The very state of existence of ummah should make that clear as to what mullahs have been up to for all these centuries. They have done exactly what Allah told them not to do ie they neglected proper study of the universe and the Quran and got ummah involved in make beliefs and rituals and that led to so many divisions and infighting. This is why ummah ended up in the state that it has. If members of the ummah want to regain their rightful place in the world then they must put mullahs out of business by learning the message of Allah for its proper understanding by themselves.
47) So do not be like those who come forth from their premises in disarray and confused to try and impress people and that way they intend to stop others from the way of life advised by Allah because they keep themselves unaware of the fact that Allah has all their plans and moves well under control.
Word BATARAA is from root BAA, TWAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to try to undermine others through show of power and wealth. Also to tear up, to rip apart, to cause division, to try to dominate others by undermining them, to be proud or arrogant, veterinary doctor, a person who provides medical care for domesticated animals, veterinary surgeon, to fail to appreciate others, to slash, to be conceited, to fail to show gratitude, to exult by reason of wealth or power, the one who unrealistically thinks very high of oneself, over estimation of oneself, one who lacks respect for others, one who unduly has very low opinion about others in comparison to oneself, deluded, confused, the one who lacks composition and organisation due to confusion etc etc.
48) Behold! At the time to begin with the leading opponent of the way of life advised by Allah made their harmful and destructive thoughts and actions attractive to them saying, none of these people can overcome you this day because I am with you. However when both the opponent parties came face to face with each other to battle out for the superiority of their ways of life, he said to his supporters, I am no longer with you because I can now see the truth which you may not therefore I am now concerned for the success of the mission of Allah because set-up systems and laws of Allah hold mankind strictly to His plan.
Word JAAR is from root JEEM, WOW and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to turn aside from the proper path. Also to become unjust, to inflict harm or destruction, to oppress and suppress, neighbour, to be neighbourly, to be helpful, supporter, helper, to be with something or someone, to give refuge, to shelter, to protect, to take over, to take under control or care, to guard, adjacent, to seek refuge, spouse, protégé, to veer away, to tilt, to deviate, injustice, to dwell in the neighbourhood of, to be or become adjacent to, to grant asylum or sanctuary, to protect against something or someone, going the wrong way, straying away, side by side, next to one another, bordering on one another, withion easy reach of one another etc etc.
When people have no knowledge about divine mission they think it is just a conspiracy by someone against their way of life therefore easy to defeat but when they come across people who really know about the mission and can explained it in detail, they find it fully secure from all sides and fail to succeed in their attacks against it. People usually have wrong opinions about deen of Allah because their rulers, money lenders and priests tell them all sorts of invented stories in order to keep their positions of power secure. However, things do not take long when leadership or masses or both find out the truth and therefore repent and reform and become part of proper human community. Each and every messenger of Allah after receiving the message from Allah entered dialogue with leadership of his people as well as the masses and managed to convince a lot of people and established a proper human community. Any leaders and people who opposed him ended up destroyed in due course due to following the ways of life they were told not to because that is where they will end up in due course. In surahs to come we will those stories and we have already seen some as well. There are plenty of lesson for mankind in these stories to learn from and make adjustments to ways of life they have adopted so that they do not end up destroyed and instead make their world a beautiful place for themselves as a proper human communities. In this verse the Quran calls any such person SHAAITAAN who hypes up any people against the advised way of life by Allah, however even a shaitaan can repent and reform once truth becomes obvious to him or her. In other words shaaitaan in this context is a harmful and destructive person but soon he turns into a helpful and constructive person. So learning knowledge about the universe and the revelation of Allah makes a lot of difference and this is why members of Muslim ummah must learn things themselves and help educate others and that will bring about the better world the mankind are longing for through unity of mankind on solid foundations.
49) Before testing the strength of their ways of life against Our advised way of life at the time the hypocrites and those who had harmful and destructive designs in their minds were saying to each other about followers of the Quran, their ideology for living their lives has misled them. However after finding out the truth for themselves they realised that anyone who relies upon setup universal systems and laws of Allah will find Allah a mighty wise ruler of this universe.
Here the Quran is telling people about some peoples’ wrong approach to divine program, constitution and law. That is instead of assumption that the Quran is word of God and then scrutinizing it for its truth as per its declared purpose they assume that it is not word of God and then without having any sense about it they just attack it. This is like telling a person who claims to be a witness to an event, you are not a witness and we are not going to pay any attention to your testimony. This means people fail to give benefit of the doubt to the claimant which is not right way to approach the case. The clear argument is that none can negate existence of God because to negate existence of God one has to be capable of knowing for sure that there is no God. Since no creature is that capable therefore to say there is no God cannot be right way of approaching this matter. This is why if anyone claims that I can explain whether there is God or not then that person must be listened to just in case he has found the answer to this question. This is why reading the scriptures becomes absolutely necessary if the scriptures are claimed to be divine testimonies, however if there are sure contradictions between scriptures then not all scriptures can be accepted true but if any of them proves true then that scripture can be used as a criterion to sift through information in other scriptures as well and that is how wrong statements can be identified and disregarded. This is why the Quran tells mankind that it confirms messages of Allah that came before it but at the same time it acts as criterion for quality control for them. To disregard each and every scripture is only proper if no scriptural text in its own context makes proper sense as per its claimed purpose. It cannot be justified to disregard any scripture just because one found some mistakes in its translations or interpretations.
That is because educated people know how scriptures have been misused by rulers, their priest and moneylenders to control, use and abuse masses in the name of God. The misinterpretations and misrepresentations are clearly obvious to those who educate themselves about rules of wisdoms. It is because if a word or verse can be interpreted in a sensible way then to interpret it in a way that renders it senseless is not justified. The basic rules for judging the truth from falsehood are not baseless opinions of people but unanimously accepted criterion therefore majority or minority of people makes no difference when it comes to judging the truth by them. It is rule of logic that if we have two exact opposite statements then both cannot be true. Now if all people claim, no, this rule is false, the rule remains true. The same is true about the rule that so long as something can be explained properly so that it makes sense or the explanation works then trying to explain it the way it makes no sense and does not work is not right approach. If people do not accept certain rules as absolutely true, people cannot solve any problem at all. They must start from somewhere and make some basic or foundational assumption or supposition and then build on that and keep building on it so long as it keeps working. At the point it stops working only then one has to look for alternative. This is how we learned to use our brains and senses. We did something and got it wrong and tried against and again till we succeeded and that is how we built a picture of our life time experiences. As soon as we give up trying that is the end of our existence. So all allegedly divine testimonies deserve a decent hearing, if we do not give them fair hearing or disregard them then that leaves us nowhere. However it is not an easy task and that is why discussions and debates to help each other learn and clear any problems are necessary. This is why God gave us books to educate us to be real human beings rather than acting like worst than animals. The Quran repeatedly tells mankind to look at universal setup systems and the laws according to which the world works but why? Because they bear evidences that God is a mighty wise ruler and by following his appointed way of life humanity can also function nicely. Since the Quran points out to us such ideas, it cannot be work of humans. It is because humans were not clever enough even to realise these things so how could they write about these things? Moreover people try to hide information from each other due to rivalries and animosities because they do not want their rivals to become clever but scriptures are open knowledge for all to learn from.
50) And if you could imagine the time when those who oppose installation of rule based upon Our guidance are delivered fully the results of their own harmful and destructive actions and the people on mission who strive for establishing kingdom based upon His guidance confront their leaders as well as their supporters saying, taste the result of the fire of hatred you have created and spread among yourselves.
This verse is telling a community of people who have become totally unreasonable a very important point which is verification of what people are told will happen in due course ie as time goes on and people carry on living the way they live based on rivalry and animosity the time will come when oppression and suppression, injustice and unfairness will increase hatred between people that will peak and there will no longer be any tolerance between people due to complete breakdown of community spirit and so a situation will arrive that people will either have to accept the way of life as proposed by the Quran or they will perish by hands of each other. At that time those who warn them through the Quran will confront leaders and supporters of such people that the way of life you followed has finally brought you where we told you, you will end up so there you are. Has the Quran therefore proved right or wrong? Looking back in history we should ask ourselves, why people have been changing the ruling systems throughout the world? It is precisely because they did not work and the reason was they were all based on power struggle between rulers, priests and moneylenders on one side and masses on the other. Each time a system saturated it created widespread suffering and so masses reacted and some power was taken away by masses from their opponents. Some people were sensible enough to see the change coming so they saved themselves by putting forward something better than what was already there which made life tolerable for masses to some degree so they were saved from total destruction but others who were too stupid perished by killing each other. Likewise when the prophet delivered the message from God, some people were sensible enough to see things but others ended up destroyed due to their foolishness. God fulfilled his responsibility and his messengers and missionaries did their duties but if people have no sense, who can stop them from going about their daily life the wrong way? This is why the Quranic message is only for those who are mentally alert or alive, mentally dead individuals and nations have no future. The Quran is not about doctored indoctrination of make beliefs and rituals or religious life but about a program for a comprehensive way of life that leads mankind to peaceful, progressive and prosperous life in this world. If people succeed in this life only then they will have a better future life because then they will have proven that they deserve it by their works. So those who fail will have only themselves to blame which will lead them to all sorts of worries and regrets.
51) This terrible situation you brought upon yourselves by your own courses of actions because universal systems and laws setup by Allah never deliver wrong results to any people.
52) The same thing happened to people of Pharaoh and to those that had gone before them. They also opposed the goals and the guidelines of Allah and victimised their people so Allah found them caught in their own mutual destruction. Surely Allah is mighty and strict in keeping mankind to His plan.
53) All that happened because Allah never changes the blissful state of existence which He has bestowed on a people due to their following of His set goals according to His provided guidelines until they themselves change their state of existence for the worst by falling away from His goals and guidelines and that is how Allah makes obvious for mankind that His advice is comprehensive and should be adhered to faithfully.
54) This very same law of consequences was applied to the people of Pharaoh and those who have gone before them, they rejected and opposed the set goals and guidelines of their Creator and Sustainer so We caught them in due course in the process of their mutual destruction because they did terrible things to each other as a whole nation.
55) This is why the most harmful and destructive people in the sight of Allah are those who reject and oppose His advised way of life because they do not want to commit themselves to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
56) Such as those who make peace treaties with you and time after time violate their treaties and do not become consistent with guidance of Allah for the well being of humanity.
57) For that reason if you decide to counter them by declaring war against them then defeat them decisively making an example of them for others who may be thinking of following their example of aggression so that they all may learn a good lesson.
Word TASQAF is from root SAA, QAAF and FAA. Concrete meaning of this word is to straighten something that is crooked. Also to put into correct shape, to catch something doing something, to come upon, to catch in the act, to gain mastery over, to counter, to teach a lesson, to respond, to meet, to come across, to decide a response, to do battle with, to confront, to overcome, to gain advantage over, to defeat, to capture, to become aware of, to become alert, to find out something about something in time, to find out something through expertise, to declare war, to fight, a capable person, to locate, to dispute, to overtake, to gain the upper hand, to be found, to be overcome, to be caught etc etc.
Word SHARRID is from root SHEEN, RAA and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is to get a fright and run away. Also deter, deterrent, to make an example of, to deal with someone who does something harmful or destructive in such a way that others seeing and hearing about it do not think of doing the same thing, to frightened someone to him or her from doing something, rebuke, to jump and run away as a result of a frightening encounter, to bolt, to lose, to roam, to go astray, to disperse, to scatter, to be absent minded, to be forgetful, to make someone forgetful, to make someone forget about doing something etc etc.
58) Also if you have certain information concerning any of the factions with whom you have any peace treaty for committing treachery then you should end the peace treaty with them before you decide to declare war on them because guidance of Allah supports not a people who keep not to their words.
This verse tells people how to fight with those who prove to be untrustworthy because they conspire to undermine the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah by using all sorts of tricks and mechanisms at their disposal. The idea is to never enter peace treaty with people who are clearly not worth it unless they can assure they will uphold it. Other people are to be given opportunities and chances on basis of benefit of the doubt. However if any people prove to be up to no good then the peace treaty must be thrown back at their faces and from then on they should be dealt with appropriately ie a fitting response becomes necessary. This verse shows that a properly established kingdom based upon guidance of Allah is not free to attack at will and at random even those who prove to be treacherous if peace treaty is in place. Even in case of declaration of war a proper procedure is to be followed, which is to end peace treaty first and then respond to any future attack by the enemy as deemed necessary. If attack is decided then it has to be decisive enough that breaks the capability of the enemy to attack again. However, when there is no properly established kingdom based upon guidance of Allah even then ummah must become a properly organised and regulated united community and take steps to ensure its survival, peace, progress and prosperity as a people and struggle hard to establish the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah. It is because the very first step is to do all one can to get support of people for the Quran based way of life by spreading the message and then organise and regulate people who come together on that basis into a proper human community. Then keep expanding the community till the kingdom comes about and then maintain the kingdom. When ummah becomes more and more powerful in a kingdom based upon guidance of Allah then rules become stricter and stricter because ummah must ensure it is not stepping outside the guidance of Allah at any time but when there is no kingdom based upon guidance of Allah then ummah is in a weaker state of its existence therefore lesser and lesser rules apply due to its lack of control over things. Mullahs apply same rules to ummah under all circumstances and in all situations thereby limit chances of unity, peace, progress and prosperity of ummah. It is because if you try to impose restrictions when you are already limited by other communities then you are only strangling yourselves out of existence. The main problem with mullahs is their stupidity in turning ummah into a religious community and leaving it disorganised and unregulated therefore ummah has become a jumble of useless people. If people want to see a better world then the Quranic way of life has to become the worldwide way of life therefore people must come together and organise and regulate themselves as a proper human community that is capable of taking care of all its members in every way. Only then expansion can result in a kingdom based upon guidance of Allah. Otherwise confused mindset, attitude and behaviour of a random crowd of people is not going to deliver anything because it simply cannot.
59) So that you do not let rejecters and opponents of Our advised way of life for mankind assume that by their tricks and mechanisms they can overcome those who are truly committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind, surely they can never succeed in stopping them from accomplishing their set goals.
60) However keep ready against them all kind of force you can including a fighting force that you can muster whereby you could deter these like enemies of goals and guidelines of Allah as well as enemies of your brotherhood based upon them from attacking you as well as others besides them about whom you are not aware but Allah makes you aware. Remember that you do not use anything for actualising the way of life advised by Allah but full outcome will be received by you people because you will not be treated using unjust and unfair laws in the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah.
This verse should leave one in no doubt that the Quran requires those who claim to follow it to be fully prepared for all kind of eventualities and particularly be ready for defending the proper human community and the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah. This preparation has to be to such degree that enemies of the kingdom fear attacking it. However, this force is never to be used for aggression or transgression. The whole point is to understand properly and deliver message of Allah to his human creatures faithfully and let people decide for themselves whether they want to be part of the proper human community or remain in painful suffering due to living by way of life based upon personal gains at the expense of each other. The message of the Quran is clear ie putting trust in goals and guidelines of Allah and doing all one can to accomplish them. This is what being a true Muslim means in the Quranic context. It does not mean blind faith in make beliefs and carrying out useless rituals thereby wasting human resource and achieving nothing beyond imaginary salvation and forgiveness. Crimes are those acts which are done against commandments of Allah and commands of Allah are determined by set out goals and guidelines of Allah. For example, if the Quran has set a goal for humanity to spread peace throughout the world then anything done that does not lead to that outcome cannot be commandment of Allah nor its following a good deed because the outcome out that doing is not peace in the world. This is why sitting on prayer mat and praising God is not an act of piety but learning his message and spreading is act of piety or a good deed, why? Because it leads a step closer to set goal of Allah. Likewise Allah has set a goal for mankind to feed humanity through organising and regulating human population for production and distribution therefore doing that is act of piety and not sitting idle and praising the Lord or in wasting time in carrying out many other rituals people have invented by themselves to please Allah. This is why Islam is all about following commandments of Allah and they are about things that are useful for mankind themselves because they help them solve their problems of living and life. This clearly distinguishes between deen and mazhab. In fact this verse proves beyond a shadow of doubt religions are invented by mullahs to derail people from deen of Allah so that way is cleared for masters of mullahs to use and abuse people at will. This is why mullahs are Satans who misinterpret and misrepresent message of Allah and thereby lead mankind to life of painful suffering. They are more dangerous than any animal because they are wolves in sheep clothing. If Allah wanted people to be religious then where does having worldly forces come into it or getting involved in politics and economic? It is because religion cannot be anything other than praying to God and praising God. Praying to God for supernatural fulfilment of needs and wants praising God to please him to bribe him to get what people need and want of him. What a terribly disrespectful bundle of thoughts to have about our Creator and Sustainer? This is not praising God but disrespecting. Even one’s parents will be offended if their children thought of them this way. This is how mullahs make fair seeming in the eyes of ignorant people terrible acts in the very name of God and no wonder God calls such people less than donkeys and monkeys because they happily follow invented beliefs and useless rituals instead of using their God given brains and senses properly.
61) Nonetheless if these enemies of guidance of Allah and proper human community incline towards peace then accept their offer but always remain on your guard by relying upon setup system and laws of Allah. That is how He makes obvious to mankind that He is comprehensive in His advice for them.
The Quran repeats the idea about relying on Allah which means doing things as they should be done in this world ie keep an eye on things and do what is needed to be done. It does not mean just say I trust in Allah and go to sleep and thus give opportunity to enemies to get you while you are asleep. This world works according to setup systems and operates according to some laws so do things keeping this in mind always. It is not a good idea to leave your camel, horse or donkey loose and go to sleep then expect it will be there when you wake up just because you prayed to Allah that your donkey be there when you wake up. You tie your animal securely and go to sleep and then hope that it will be there when you wake up that is what the Quran calls TAWAKAL ALALLAH or trust in Allah. It is because this world is based on cause and effect. If you do not build your house wall strong and put heavy roof on it, it is going to come down on you while you are asleep. This is why when your enemies say they are your friends don’t lower your guard straightaway but stay alert and let them build trust over a period of time by doing things they should be doing for this purpose. Once you have the confidence that you can trust the people only then you lower your guard completely.
62) But should any people intend to deceive you then setup universal systems and laws of Allah should be relied upon by you. He is the One Who has strengthened you thereby with those who have committed themselves to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind
People who join community soon prove themselves if they are brothers in deen or enemies because they will make clear difference in the community either in a positive way or negative way. It is because ummah is suppose to be a very closely knit community so people soon find out one is helpful or hindrance. It is very much likely that a person even if joins the proper human community with harmful and destructive intentions will soon find that he is truly part of this community because life based upon guidance of Allah is in itself is sufficient to undermine all negative thoughts if a person studied it having sense how do to it. The only point ummah must be careful about is not to open flood gate to humanity at once to enter the kingdom because if it over burdens itself with more people than it can handle at any time then it will be swamped and thereby destroyed. This is why it must only allow as many people in the kingdom at any one time as many it can cope with and once they are being absorbed then let more in and that is how it should expand continuously little by little. The best way for helping people is to help them where they are by sending teachers to them to help them organise and regulate themselves into proper human communities. Once people are up to required Quranic standard then borders can opened between kingdoms. This idea was not followed by ummah after the death of the final messenger of Allah and that is why kingdom based upon guidance of Allah that he left behind came tumbling down. As they helped people gain their freedom from their oppressive and repressive rulers they let them join the main kingdom without thinking about the way prophet taught them to integrate them in the new community properly. Ummah always needs to remember that people you free from and whom you free them from do not look at things the same way. The looser always look for opportunities to get back at you if they can and particularly if you do not enter dialogue with them to help them change their mindsets, attitudes and behaviours. Failing to pay proper attention to rulers and ruled for preparing them for integration properly after people have been freed has terrible consequences which showed up in form of crumbling of kingdom based upon guidance of Allah after the prophet of Islam. Ummah is still not free of civil wars that started since then because it gradually lost more and more ground by falling away from deen into mazhab therefore it is ridden with sects that are thirsty for blood of each other always. This situation has been kept in place by rulers, mullahs and money lenders who claim to be followers of the Quran. One can hardly tell the difference between the way of life adopted by these so called Muslims and those whom they call kufaar=rejecters and opponents of Islam.
63) by inspiring sense of brotherhood in their minds. If you had spent all that which is in the earth even then you could not have united their minds this way nonetheless Allah has united them through His blissful, dignifying and secure life giving guidance because He is mighty wise ruler of this kingdom of universe.
These verses leave one in no doubt what Allah expects of mankind and how they should deal with each other both when there is peace and when there is war situation.
64) O prophet! Surely universal setup systems and laws of Allah are sufficient to rely upon for you and for those who support you of those who are committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
65) O Prophet! Rouse those who claim to have committed themselves to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind to prepare themselves fully for war. They should train to such degree that if there are twenty fully trained among you then they should be able to vanquish two hundred and if there are one hundred they should be able to overcome one thousand of those who oppose Our advised way of life for mankind because they are enemies of proper human community as they are a people who lack the sense of brotherhood and sacrifice for the good of each other.
When a person is fully convinced that one has a worthwhile cause to fight for, the size of task or number of opponents matters not. Because it is cause in which people have full confidence that wins the war not just number of people. The war does not have to be physical fighting using arms but mental as well for winning hearts and minds of opponents. This is why this Surah starts with mental arguments for convincing the other side but ends up on actual war and how to win it if all else does not work. If one really thinks about it, it is all about fighting crime against God and humanity on basis of advice of Allah. Here we are talking about antisocial elements among us human beings. To tackle them community needs to be powerful enough to stop them in their track. This is why war are fighting crime is not possible if a people as a community are ill prepared. Also everything involved must be proper because if a community is based on oppression and suppression, injustice and unfairness then this in itself is a crime both against God and humanity and there is no way to fight and win against a people who fight against such ideology its systems, structures, procedures and practices. It is not fault of God or followers of his advice if any people decide to remain ignorant and live like animals and in doing so treat others as beasts of burden and cause them troubles. Such people only understand power of sword because that is what they live by so any person who accepts message of Allah must avail oneself for full training of war in case one is needed for fighting off such people who do not stop attacking people who live by commitment to unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind. Sometimes surgery is the last resort if a diseased limb cannot be cured any other way. Likewise human beings who refuse to live as proper human beings when opportunities are availed to them and they are determined to harm and destroy human community then they should be eliminated.
66) Just now as things are Allah is informing you that you are not well prepared for wars because there are individuals among you who are weak in their knowledge and fighting skills yet as things stand if there are one hundred good fighters among you, they should be able to vanquish two hundred and if there are one thousand, they should be able to overcome two thousand because that is the declared plan of Allah for you and the set-up systems and laws of Allah back those who steadfast and consistent with His guidance and each other.
The point made here is that when there is a war then even if all people are not fully prepared yet if some of them are then still war can be won due to those who are well prepared. That is because they can use people and resources in a way they can be effective in defeating the enemy. In other words in any such case leadership has to be capable of using its following and resources sensibly. This is why a community must choose leaders who have the ability to carry out the leadership responsibilities fully. The task of leadership is to prepare their supporter and followers to bring them up to the standard required for the task ahead. It is important that a doctor is a good doctor, a farmer is a good farmer, a road sweeper is a good road sweeper, a judge is a good judge, a teacher is good teacher etc etc. Can one see here that Quran is not a book of religious nonsense but a book for guidance of mankind as to how to live in this world properly. The Quran does not tell people to sit on prayer mat and start praying when enemies are attacking you in any way. Instead it tells people to prepare long before the actual situation arises. So people who think piety is all about praying day and night are fully exposed by the Quran for their stupidity and mullahs are on top of the list of such stupid people. This is why ummah must get rid of such people who tell them the Quran is book of mazhab instead of deen. Here the Quran defines very clearly who the proper followers of the Quran are or can be. Not rulers, mullahs, money lenders, their touts and supporters. All these can only and only cause fractures in ummah in different ways for their personal gains at the expense proper human community or ummah.
67) However remember that it is never fitting for a prophet to wage wars to make people his slaves or to cause aimless bloodshed in the land. You the mankind decide to go for personal gains at the expense of each other based on your short sightedness whereas Allah has decided to give you brilliant future as a proper human community because Allah is mighty wise ruler of this kingdom of the universe.
Word ASRAA is from roots ALIF, SEEN and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is a piece of string with which someone ties something. Also an obstacle, a stoppage or blockage, to take prisoner, the kind of thing something is, the nature of the creature existing being, to be strong and stable, to anchor, to provide with foundation or base to rest upon, inter-linkage between things to keep them together, some sort of bond or relationship that ties thing together, strength, stability or durability, shield, shackles, bondage, to capture, captive, a family of things or a community or a network of people or a group of things or people, a team, a people who work together as one, parts that make something whole, limbs, physique, body structure, a prisoner of war, build, bodily structure, constitution etc etc.
Word HATTAA is from root HAA, TAA, TAA and YAA. It is a word that is used as a particle in the speech in sense of a preposition, conjunction and exception etc. Therefore it has many meanings eg until, to the point of, up to, as far as, in order that, so that, in order to, unless, and, or, nonetheless, however, but, in other words, except, rather, instead, save, therefore, for that reason, that is why etc etc.
Word YUSKHIN is from root SAA, KHAA and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is a liquid that becomes so thick for some reason that it does not flow. Also something thick, something solid and heavy, to shed blood heavily, to inflict heavy blood loss, to inflict fatal injury, to overcome, to overwhelm, to take control of something, to bring under control, something that is so heavy that it cannot move, heavy fighting during a war, to counter the attackers in such a way that they become unable to attack in future, to inflict such an injury on the enemy that it become disabled, a person who movement is restricted due to carrying weapons, an unarmed person who is disable from movement due to fear, something or someone not free to move about due to some reason, something heavy, something burdensome etc etc.
68) Had it not been for the written down plan of Allah to guide you people then you will have experienced painful suffering due to what you were caught in, that is inflicting harms and destructions upon each other for personal gains at the expense of each other.
69) Because you have guidance that is why you should participate in that which is productive for you therefore lawful and beneficial, so you should be consistent with program, constitution and law of Allah for the well being of mankind as a proper human community. Surely Allah offers secure existence for mankind through His blissful and dignifying program.
70) O Prophet! Tell those under your leadership in your care of those with limited capabilities that if Allah finds improvement in your mindsets, attitudes and behaviours due to His message then He will give you even better than what you have been found with and secure you from all kinds of harms people inflict upon each other, for guidance of Allah protects mankind from harms and destructions through His blissful and dignifying program, constitution and law.
71) However if they still have treacherous designs against you after you have set them free from ignorance, illiteracy, lack of education, rivalry and animosity then that will not be anything new they have already demonstrated deception to Allah and humanity that is why He gave them under your care for reformation so let them go when they are ready so that they may demonstrate if they have mended their ways. That is how Allah makes obvious for mankind that He is the wise ruler of the kingdom of the universe.
These verses make many points very clear for mankind to think about. In this surah, it is made very clear that so long as people will live by any other way of life than advised by Allah they can never be free of living for personal gains at the expense of each other. If they will do that then they can never come out of rivalries and animosities and the end result is always going to be mutual destruction of such people by hands of each other. The Quran sets goals like blissful and dignified as well as secure life in kingdoms based upon guidance of Allah. It wants people to become a proper human community that reaches heights of excellence and is not just fully self sufficient but is capable of taking care of much more than itself. This human community has to be most powerful community in this world that is capable of reaching the stars literally as already explained. Looking at what the Quran wants out of its followers and where mullahs of this ummah are leading it makes no sense. It is because mullahs are leading this ummah in the opposite direction of the Quran. The Quran wants its followers to be united and mullahs have caused so many divisions among those who say they are followers of the Quran. The Quran wants its followers to establish peace in the world yet people who claim to follow Quran are busy fighting each other. The Quran wants its followers to develop and be progressive but mullahs are turning ummah stagnant and worse regressive. The Quran wants ummah to be prosperous yet mullahs have turned it into poverty stricken people. The Quran wanted its followers to be a brotherhood but these people are worst enemies thanks to mullahs and so the list goes on and on. If mullahs are stupid at least people should learn sense and not follow these stupid mullahs. No matter what Allah does not change status of a people for the better unless they work hard for it. Ambitions and wishes can only come true if people work hard to realise and actualise them and that is the way set-up systems and laws of Allah work in this universe and that is what this book called the Quran explains.
72) As for those who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind and migrated mentally and physically and made efforts for establishing the way of life advised by Allah with whatever they have and their persons as well as those who helped them, giving them asylum and support are indeed the true supporters of one another. As to those who declared commitment to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind yet emigrated not mentally and physically, you are under no obligation to protect them until they emigrate but it is your obligation to help them if they are oppressed by any other people in matters of their legal rights except against a people with whom you have a treaty and they have accepted to live under their rule. Surely Allah is aware of all that you do to each other or for each other.
Physical migration is moving from one place to another and mental migration is moving from one ideology to another. Sometimes people need to do one or the other and sometimes both and sometime neither. Depending upon where one stands mentally and physically already. If one is in the right place already then one does not need to migrate and likewise if one is already on the right ideology then one does not need to shift otherwise one must to ensure personal safety and security as well as well being.
73) As to those who reject and oppose rule based upon Our guidance they support each other against it. So if you too will fail to do as told then there will be wars in your world and great corruption and destruction for you the mankind.
74) Those who have committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind and migrated mentally and physically and made efforts in the way of installing the rule based upon guidance of Allah and those who gave them asylum and support, they are the true supporters of Our guidance. They will in time have freedom from all ills and honourable provisions once the kingdom based upon Our guidance becomes fully established in the land.
75) Those who committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind afterwards and migrated mentally and physically and joined you in your ideological struggle to establish the rule of Allah according to His program, constitution and law, they too are your brethren just like people bound by kith and kin relationships with each other according to the book of Allah. Indeed with Allah rests the responsibility of making all things essential obvious for mankind.
This Surah covers a lot of ground from start to finish in nation building process. However, what happens after a community is set up and has sorted out its internal problems? The focus shifts to outside world so the question arises, how to deal with external problems that are caused by people of other communities, nations or countries etc? This is part of next Surah. So far one can see how consistent the text of the Quran is in its own context. A text that mullahs have rendered senseless by their translations and interpretations that lack consistency or purpose. They have attributed all sorts of nonsense to the Quran for their personal agendas. The very same has been done to books of Hadith. This work can help people a great deal to make sense of Hadith texts as well. This does not mean there are no false reports in Hadith at all but not as many as mullahs will have us believe. Most Hadith appear false because they have been misinterpreted and misrepresented by mullahs due to their lack of understanding of their language. Once terminology has been worked out all texts will become sensible and then only those will have to be treated suspicious that cannot be true in the context of the Quran and real world realities.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:34 PM
SURAH 9 AL-TAUBAH– Allah disassociates himself from what people do to each other for personal gains at the expense of each other after he provides mankind with guidance about his plan for them to be a proper human community
This Surah is named AL-TAUBAH from roots TAA, ALIF and BAA; TAA, BAA and TAA; TAA, BAA and HAA; TAA, WOW and BAA; TAA, WOW and TAA; and SAA, WOW and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to stop going along the wrong path as soon as one becomes aware of the error and retrace steps back to the right path and then continue journey towards the destination. Also dropping the mistaken or aimless action that leads nowhere in favour of a purposeful complete plan of action that leads to a definite required or desired end result or objective or goal, to come back to same thing or some place after going away from it, keep coming back to something or some place or some idea, to do something good that brings good outcome or return, return, penitence, repent, refer, fabric, network, personality, character, net, benefit, usefulness, stones stacked on top of each other, clothes, to come to a gathering, a ditch to which water returns, a place of gathering, a goal, a platform, a resort, reward, consequence, recompense, repetition, volunteer, to frequent, to visit, to gather, to let free, to become free, to have no concern for, to leave alone, to absolve, to volunteer, to repay, to requite, to restore, to replenish, to regain lost energy, to relent, to encourage someone to abandon their harmful or destructive actions, to stop doing something the way one is doing it because it does not deliver the desired or required outcome in order to do it another way to get the desired or required outcome, to turn to God or guidance of God, to let do as one wishes to do, to interfere not, to leave to do as one pleases and face the consequences, to regret one’s mistake or wrong doing, to do something to overcome the loss that takes place due to inaction or wrong action, coffin, chest, box, command and control centre, a body, an organisation, something like a chest or box in some sense, something that contains something or overwhelms something, jurisdiction, to bury the hatchet, reconciliation, general amnesty, to stop fighting, to accept defeat, to admit wrong doing, immunity, exemption, freedom from liability or obligation or responsibility or prosecution or blame, revocation, disavowal, acquittal, ultimatum, disassociation, to disown, to cure, to remedy the situation, a declaration for having nothing to do with something, to take no responsibility or blame for something, box, heart, main body, basket, ark, ark of covenant, mind, self, boat, ship, team, co workers, group, crew, coffin box, a moveable frame upon which rests main body, bier, womb or something like a womb in some sense, container, something that can contain something in some sense, brain, organisation, administration, management, bull or something like a bull in some sense, power, authority, strength, tent or house or something like a tent or house, refuge or shelter or sanctuary, something that can provide safety and security in some sense, community or family or household, constitution or rule of law or custom, window or something like a window in some sense, window of opportunities, ways and means to some ends, way through to something in some sense, eternity or future, something remote or distant, hook or something like a hook in some sense, crooked or twisted or deceptive, something upon which could be hanged something for safety or security, to help one get out of trouble, to contain trouble or see through trouble or difficulty or hardship, to free oneself or others from problems etc etc.
This surah is named AL-TAUBAH for the subject matter it deals with. In surahs one to eight it has been made absolutely clear that providing mankind with guidance was up to Allah but to act upon that guidance was up to mankind themselves for their own well being. Allah therefore provided mankind with guidance but mankind instead of coming together as a proper human community based upon guidance of Allah remained divided into many factions basing their lives upon foundation of personal gains at the expense of each other. Since most of the people decided not to bother with following the guidance of Allah for one or the other reason therefore in this surah Allah too is proclaiming his independence of whatever mankind think and do against guidance of Allah whereby they end up inflicting harms and destructions upon each other. In other words Allah is saying that if you the people are not bothered with following my set goals for you according to my provided guidelines for fulfilling my program for you then you are free to do as you please and face the consequences of your thoughts and actions. This situation is like that of parents and their children ie all parents can do is advise their children the best they can as to how to get on with each other by doing certain things in certain ways as they see fit but if their children refuse to follow their advice then parents tell them, do as you like but when you get into troubles with each other then don’t blame us for that because we already told you what will happen if you will not follow our advice sensibly. In short Allah is telling mankind how to deal with each other to have a blissful, dignified and secure life but if that is not acceptable to mankind then Allah is free of his responsibility of providing guidance for mankind because he has done his part so the rest is up to people themselves. The Quran repeatedly tells mankind that Allah is on side of those people only who base themselves fully upon his guidance faithfully after understanding it properly. Since people are created knowing nothing at all and take time for learning and doing things properly therefore they are given the needed respite to do the best they can for themselves. If people use their brains, senses, bodies and all things provided properly then they end up with right mindsets, attitudes and behaviours otherwise they end up with harmful and destructive ambitions and desires which lead them to inflicting harms and destructions upon each other. Basically the choice for mankind is either to follow the advice of Allah or do as it suits them. Since this divides people between followers of advice of Allah and its rejecters and opponents therefore this surah tells people that if you do what you are told then Allah will deliver to you through his set-up systems and laws what has been promised by him ie blissful, dignified and secure existence through working with each other for well being of each other but if you will not then set-up systems and laws of Allah will deliver the outcome that is consistent with your thoughts and actions ie painful suffering, death and destruction by hands of each other.
The Quran repeatedly tells mankind to seek a beautiful world for themselves in order to be awarded with even better hereafter. This is why the Quran uses words like FIDDUNIYAA HASANAH and FIL AAKHIRAATI HASANAH. Moreover it uses word HASNAAT for works that help make world a beautiful place and keeps repeated words like IHSAAN and MUHSINEEN etc. All these words are from root HAA, SEEN and NOON which is about beauty and balance in things and in thoughts and actions of mankind. So only HASANAAT(= works that help people bring about the beautiful world) can help people bring about beautiful world for themselves as a proper human community. Likewise the Quran uses words like AAMILOO SAALIHAAT meaning works that help repair human relationships so that rifts are removed and human brotherhood is restored so that people work for well being of each other rather than for harm and destruction of each other. Unless people stop doing things that harm and destroy beauty and balance in the world and within human community, things will always be terrible for mankind and so they will be if people became inactive or stopped each other from doing what needs to be done to make the world a beautiful place for mankind. So one can see why this surah is named AL-TAUBAH ie it is because Allah does not like what people do to each other for petty personal gains despite his provisions of all sorts including guidance. As previous surahs were about formation of an organised and regulated proper human community which struggles to bring about a kingdom based upon guidance of Allah so this surah deals with issues that arise when one community or kingdom deals with others. Since people have become divided into two main groups and practicalities of life force people to interact in certain ways with each other therefore existence of various groups in human population forces them to take certain actions against each other in order to gain support for their adopted ways of life. People who adopt way of life based upon guidance of Allah are supposed to form a community wherein each person is supposed to live for others and thereby bring about a proper human community. However people who choose to live by way of life based upon personal gains at the expense of each other live that way and get on with inflicting harms and destructions upon each other thereby bring about a terrible world for themselves as a human population. Not only that these people who base themselves upon personal gains based way life inflict harms and destructions upon each other but they expand their transgressions and aggressions beyond themselves onto to those who wish them no harm at all. In other words they fight against the way of life advised by Allah by forcing themselves upon those who wish to follow the revelation based way of life. This leaves followers of the Quran no choice but to react in an appropriate way to their aggressions and transgressions. Allah even though does not want people to fight each other yet he has given mankind ability to choose therefore he has to respect their choice. However, he still advises those who listen to his advice to act appropriately against aggressors and transgressors and not go overboard in response.
Since plan of Allah is secure ie people who adopt way of life advised by Allah can never become extinct and can overcome their opponents here and there so their opponents are on the losing ground. It is because as time marches on and education becomes widely available more and more people see the need for guidance of Allah to base themselves upon because guidance of Allah gives people stable basis to build themselves upon as a proper human community. Not only that but as time goes on, the way of life based upon personal gains at the expense of each other leads to concentration of power and wealth in fewer and fewer hands and so most of the human population ends up weak and poor. This is why no way of life based upon oppression and suppression, injustice and unfairness or cruelty and animosity can lead humanity to a beautiful and balanced existence. Any such way of life can only and only lead to divisions and fights and wars sooner or later so the end result cannot be other than painful suffering, death and total destruction for humanity. This is why the Quranic way of life must be adopted by mankind because it explains things beautifully and can deliver what it promises provided people take upon themselves the responsibility to study the message of the Quran properly and act upon it faithfully. This is why the mission appointed by Allah for mankind must continue no matter what, so Muslims are in no position to oppose it because it is appointed by Allah. However, this surah gives Muslims freedom to deal with people as they see fit in light of ground realities if they refuse to accept living by way of life advised by Allah. It is because oppressors and suppressors, unjust and unfair people lose right to be taken as reference or standard instead they are to be judged by the standard that is just and fair. This is why it is up to Muslims to retaliate against any people in kind or let go if any people commit aggression or transgression against Muslims. Mission of Allah is all about people understanding the message of the Quran properly and delivering it properly to others as widely as they can so that a community based upon the message of the Quran could come about which creates a kingdom based upon guidance of the Quran in light of real world realities on the ground. Situations and circumstances keep changing from the day the mission begins and the day it completes after going through various phases. There is a time when Muslims are part of a nonMuslim population and there is a time when people who accept the message built a separate human community among nonMuslims and then they go for a kingdom of their own. It depends on whether less people come aboard or more people come aboard the mission and how nonMuslims react to the mission imposed by Allah. If less people join mission then Muslims may need to migrate if persecuted and if even number of population joins the mission then division of the land becomes inevitable if nonMuslims try to impose their way of life on Muslims but if more people in the land come aboard the mission then it is a takeover by Muslims due to being in majority. Even if Muslims take over a land they must administer justice and fairness and must ensure well being of all people in the land including nonMuslims. However, nonMuslims are expected to cooperate fully so that all people have good life the kingdom offers. State within state is not allowed and anyone found conspiring against the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah will be dealt with appropriately according to the law of the kingdom. Individuals are not allowed to take law into their own hands nor are individuals allowed to force their constitutional and legal understanding upon others instead there has to be free consultation between members of the ummah for formation of constitution and laws whereby individuals can freely share their opinions and then decide upon which opinions are to be adopted as a part of constitution and law in light of goals and guidelines provided in the Quran and the ground realities that face the ummah. Once program, constitution and law is decided by the ummah then it is only matter of deciding upon plans of actions by ummah through mutual consultations and handing down instructions in priority order for execution to appropriate departments of the administration so that needs and wants of people are met appropriately.
Since this Surah leaves people at mercy of each other so Muslims must try to be as strong as they can be so that they are never overcome by nonMuslims and since nonMuslims refuse to accept living by way of life advised by Allah therefore they are on their own so this surah therefore does not contain the formula verse (bismillah) because Allah disapproves nonMuslims therefore does not promise them blissful, dignified and secure life due to the way they choose to live. It is because it is prerequisite of blissful, dignified and secure existence that people live by guidance of Allah but since they refuse so they can never have the kind of existence which Allah promises those who decide to live by his guidance. Also since people on their own can never have win, win situation therefore rivalries, animosities and wars are inevitable between them therefore Allah does not seal this surah with promise of his deliverance and salvation for those who oppose his guidance. However, even in this situation Allah is not opposing mankind but letting them have things their way so that they see the results of their own doings by themselves so that through results of their mistakes they could clearly see that they are wrong and therefore should turn to what is right. Not only that but people who claim to commit to following his advice are told by him not to transgress limits against those who take them for their enemies. In other words Allah still holds people back from inflicting harms and destructions upon each other. No matter what there are only three possible ways to live for people a)total peace between all human beings at all times b)total war between all human beings at all times and c) in between these two extremes. Total peace for all times is not possible between all people unless all people educate themselves properly and learn to live by goals and guidelines the Quran provides and fulfil the Quranic porgram. Total war at all times between all people is also not possible because people do not have that much foolishness or that much energy or resources to do that even if they were all hell bent on destroying each other. As the Quran explains, Allah did not create mankind to destroy each nor people have the ability to destroy each other completely because Allah created the world for his plan that cannot fail to meet expected end. So the only options on the table are; more war between more people than peace or more peace between more people than war. Since all people never want fights and wars at all times with each other so humanity is bound to have periods of peace and it is all up to mankind themselves to increase these periods of peaceful existence so that mankind could make some progress and prosper and that in turn can lead to more and more peaceful periods between more and more people in more and more places. So we can see why this Surah is named AL-TAUBAH ie to save mankind from moving in direction of self destruction by putting forth proposals for people to come toward better terms and condition for a better end result ie unity, peace, progress and prosperity of human community as a whole. It is because when there are treaties in place and people can interact with each other it gives them opportunities to educate each other and over a period of time this could lead mankind to better end results because through exchanging ideas people can arrive at better conclusions about each other and this could lead to improvements in human communities including chances for unity. This Surah explains very clearly the divide between people who are consistent with the actual teachings of the Quran and their opponents. All this is down to who has the best goals for life and the best terms and conditions for unity of mankind and best guidelines for best future of mankind. All mankind as they educate themselves and each other are therefore going to move towards the goals stated in the Quran and under the terms and conditions stated in the Quran or guidelines provided in there. That is because humanity cannot think of better goals and guidelines or terms and conditions than those already stated in the Quran nor can it come up with any better program.
The rest of the Quran is all about explanation of these to settle any concerns, reservations and arguments mankind may have about the goals and guidelines or terms and conditions etc etc. So the people who claim to follow the Quran cannot join those who do not follow the Quran in matters where they differ but they can all come together on basis of the best common grounds they find between themselves and those grounds will always be found in the Quran. This is why discussions and debates between all people are necessary to find out where each side stands and why they take the stand they take and what are the common grounds between them and what could be common grounds between them for the betterment of both the people. The whole purpose of divine teaching is to encourage people to educate themselves so that they could become creative enough that they can find solutions for the problems that face them. As already explained Allah can only give people goals and guidelines and leave it to themselves how they choose to deal with each other. People who truly accept guidance of Allah cannot live by any other way of life than the one they are told to live by but since others do not accept that way of life therefore a clear line is drawn between followers of divine guidance and those who reject and oppose it. The main question is, if any people do not want to live by a way of life that turns them into a proper human community then what other way of life they want to live by? Is it then at all possible to live a life free of aggression and transgression against each other for personal gains? In other words either of the ways of life leads to a particular end result or outcome for humanity. The way of life advised by Allah leads to outcome clearly told by Allah and any other way of life is also going to lead to outcome clearly told by Allah. One outcome ensures well being of mankind through full cooperation of each other and the other its total destruction by hands of each other. In short one way of life is the best for humanity and the other most dangerous. However human beings are born ignorant and it takes them time to learn what is right and why or what is wrong and why therefore benefit of doubt is given to those who are willing to learn and do things with all due sincerity. So people who have received guidance are told to learn it properly and deliver it to others properly. Once this task has been carried out faithfully then it is up to people who have received the message to accept or reject it and get ready for the outcome of their thoughts and actions as they choose. If people end up with thoughts and actions that are necessary for ensuring well being of humanity then all is well and good but if people choose otherwise then they are responsible for their own thoughts and actions. This surah is continuation of previous surah wherein such people are warned who reject and oppose guidance of Allah and make it their business to attack those who stand for a proper human community based upon guidance of Allah in order to undermine the mission of Allah. They enter peace treaties then breach them at will yet expect the other side to do nothing. In this surah Allah therefore makes it very clear to mankind that he is not partial at all. He makes it absolutely clear that all people must live by his guidance or his guidance serves no purpose and people can do what they like to each other and wait for the outcome for going against his guidance. In other words Allah is providing people with level playing field. You want to live by peace then it is for all of you and if it is fights and wars you want with each other then go ahead and see what fights and wars can deliver for you in here and in hereafter. Here mullahs’ version of Islam proves utterly false who think Islam is religion of peace no matter what others do to people who accept message of the Quran. The Quran tells people how to live peacefully and that is true but what if some people want to do that but others do not let them live by Quranic way of life? These stupid mullahs tell peace lover to be slaves of warmongers.
This is not what the message of the Quran is and that is how mullahs prove themselves to be slaves of rulers and money lenders. In fact such people expose themselves as enemies of the Quran based message of Islam and humanity. The message of the Quran is very clear throughout that people who were sent by Allah as messengers were told to establish kingdoms based upon guidance of Allah for the blissful, dignified and secure existence of mankind as the basic goal. They did it by delivering the message faithfully and when people gathered around them they delivered them the kingdoms they promised them. The Quran is full of stories how they were fought against by those who rejected and opposed their message. The very foundation of message of Allah is education for mankind so that they can see the need for living with each other as a team for the well being of humanity and if any reject and oppose then they are not tolerated at all and the reason is if you tolerate anti social elements in human community then you will soon be taken over by them and they will soon make life of all human beings a terrible experience. Criminals therefore must be brought and kept under control at all times because if they get opportunities to show what they can do to humanity then humanity will always come to regret it. As explained already the message of Allah and the force based upon solid foundation go hand and in hand, each protecting the other for the well being of the mankind. The Quran does not teach people to carry out acts of random violence against each other because it has a set of clear objectives for people to accomplish and within provided guidelines that people must follow ie no hidden agendas at all. One objection of rejecters and opponents of the message of the Quran is that the Quran teaches its followers its superiority therefore it is unacceptable. It shows how stupid these people are who fail to realise the fact that any message that can unite mankind has to be of superior nature and unique so that people could see its uniqueness and therefore come to it instead of fooling about all over in confusion. After all how many of these people accept various ruling systems they live by are all the same ie tribalism, monarchy, theocracy, dictatorship, democracy, secularism, communism, capitalism or mixed economy? Why people have been fighting for each of these ruling systems throughout the world and wars are still on-going for the very same reason? It is precisely because some people believe their governing system is better than the rest. The Quran is challenging all governing systems and offering its own governing system, so compare them all to it and see which of your system is capable of beating it? None at all and on the other hand the Quran based ruling system beats all of them. No wonder then that the rejecters and opponents of the Quran based kingdom are clearly at loss in every way. All this explains why this surah is named AL-TAUBAH ie it is because Allah provided people with his guidance and they chose to reject it and decided to oppose it so Allah does not want to have anything to do with harms and destruction they inflict upon each other. A very strong slap on face of those who attribute all sorts of their nonsense to Allah, his messengers and his scriptures.
1) Through His messenger, Allah declares disassociation with thoughts and actions of such people who have chosen to live in opposition to His advised way of life to whom you people have given your word.
Word BARAA-AH is from root BAA, RAA and ALIF. Concrete meaning of this root is freedom from something in some sense. Also freedom from restriction or obstacle, being left free to do as one pleases, to be free from doing things that cause harm or destruction, to conduct oneself in a beneficial way so that it benefits others, to have mindset and attitude and behaviour according to a proper set standard to free oneself from confusion, to disassociate oneself from harmful and destructive elements or thoughts or actions, to disown something for some reason, an open piece of land, a wide expanse without any obstacles in the way, an even piece of land or landscape, to compliment or make things work together in such a way that they fulfil some end goal, harmony, creation of God, to create, to evolve, to cure, to prove someone’ innocence, to claim freedom from being associated with something, to be without blemish, to absolve, to exonerate, to heal, to cure or remedy, to wash one’s hand of someone or something, to declare one’s innocence, to deny responsibility or liability or obligation or guilt, to be free from, freedom or release from obligation or liability, exemption, revocation, rescinding, abrogation etc etc.
This verse explains position of Allah, his messenger, the claimants of following guidance and the rest of people. The Quran is full of verses that Allah is only and only with those who follow his guidance properly and not with those who do not even if they claim to be followers of his guidance but they do not in actual fact.
2) Say to them, carry on living as you wish in the world for personal gains at the expense of each other but be aware of the fact that you cannot defeat the plan of Allah because Allah lets those who work against His plan end up humiliating themselves by hands of each other.
Word SEEHOO is from root SEEN, YAA and HAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to carry on or keep going. Also something on going in some sense, travelling, being on a journey, to fast, to stop doing what harms or destroys something, an open piece of land, open space, room or space between houses, empty space, to be on journey for learning, courtyard, to create space or opportunity or a way for doing something ie to facilitate something or accommodate something for some purpose, to show open mindedness or be a big hearted person or be open to accepting an idea or a thing, water flowing above ground, people travelling freely from one place to another, to devote oneself to some cause or mission, to go about in the land, to be on a tour, to help people educate themselves so that they could solve their living problems that face them, to take people on a journey for learning to do things, to train or educate or both, to be on one’s way, to do as one likes etc etc.
How do a people humiliate themselves by going against guidance of Allah? They humiliate themselves by accepting rule by each other in form of rulers, money lenders and mullahs. It is because each of these ideas has consequences for humanity. If one person has or is given an advantage and he uses that advantage for his personal gain then others are disadvantaged by him. That is, a strong person can take things away from the weaker people by force, a clever person can take away things from dumb people by using his tricks based upon his cleverness, a money lender can take away things from other by using power of his wealth or money etc as explained already using tricks and mechanisms. This is why the Quran forbids man ruling a another man, use of mazhab against deen and use of business for profit. One may say, why forbid business for profit? It is because when you give something to someone to make profit from him then you are getting something better than what you have given someone otherwise you could not make a profit so you are inflicting damage on someone that way. Since Allah has sent his message so that people benefit each other to ensure well being of each other and not inflict damage on each other therefore such an ummah cannot come about if people will inflict damage on each other in any way. This is why the Quran is all about brotherhood and ummah or family of humanity. This profit is called RIBAA by the Quran not interest and usury as mullahs will have us believe. Brothers and family members do not do business with each other for making profit from each other at the expense of each other because that way they will end up inflicting damage on each other and family will break up and go down. Similarly if Muslims are an ummah then business for profit is strictly HARAAM within the ummah. It is because all are supposed to be a single block for working hard to make sure the needs and wants of ummah are met as a family or brotherhood. Just as rulers use and abuse people and just as mullahs use and abuse people so money lenders use and abuse people using tricks and mechanisms based on money dealing. Since the Quran shuts all doors that lead to use and abuse of mankind by each other therefore any people who claim to be Muslims yet live like KUFAAR are in actual fact KUFAAR and not Muslims. One does not become Muslims just by declaring commitment to the Quranic program but also by doing all in his power to ensure its proper implementation. Saying one thing and doping another is not a true commitment to a cause or mission. The Quran is a book for a mission and not a bedtime story book. This is why it is structured very differently from other scriptures that exist in the world today. It is a book that has a program for humanity with goals and guidelines and in that context it talks about all other things. Mullahs have no sense that is why they think the Quran is just like any other scripture of any other religion so Islam too is just like any other religion. When you send people on a mission you don’t give them stories to read but information and things necessary for fulfilling the mission ie goals and guidelines with program. In that context you tell them stories in a relevant way as well as other facts and figures. This is why only those works are useful that lead ummah towards fulfilling the mission and not useless rituals mullahs have been promoting as Islam. So if people want to get to know the message of the Quran then they must leave religious mindsets, attitudes and behaviour behind. Islam is not at all a personality cult. This is why there are no holy men with supernatural powers working miracles. This is why all authority rests in hands of Allah and he rules by his book and people must come together and decide things as a community and then employ individuals for carrying out tasks the ummah has decided upon through set up institutions under divine constitution and law as agreed upon by the ummah. None is above the law after ummah has decided its program, constitution and law for itself in light of the Quran and real world realities that face ummah on the ground. All this has been explained in detail here and there, so one must get familiar with it to see what the actual teaching of the Quran is. The Quran has nothing at all to do with mullahs make belief versions of Islam that have divided those who claim to be Muslims into many factions killing each other. The message of the Quran is clear that you are all a brotherhood and anyone who does not accept that as basis is an enemy of Allah as well as humanity. Therefore if you assume yourselves to be brothers on basis of the Quran then be the brothers that you ought to be and if that is not acceptable to you then be what you want to be it has nothing at all to do with the Quran.
3) Therefore this is an open declaration from Allah via His messenger for all the people about the time period of great struggle that Allah is free of being associated with thoughts and actions of those who live by opposite way of life to that advised by Him through His messenger. However if you people will stop living against His advised way of life then it will be beneficial for you but if you will keep away from it then be warned that you cannot derail the plan of Allah by not following it faithfully or opposing it. Therefore let such people know who oppose Our guidance that painful suffering will continue to be theirs as a result of their continuing of their course of actions
People have been hearing AZAAN of Allah always since the time of prophet Aadam. Allah always told his messengers to call people to his guidance and if they refused then whatever they did to each other was upon themselves. This AZAAN is same as people hear from each and every masjid=mosque in the world. However the purpose of this AZAAN was to call people to way life advised by Allah so that by following it through a binding covenant they prosper as explained already in detail. When mission begins it is a major campaign or push for getting message of Allah across to as many people as it is humanity possible for messengers of Allah. This AZAAN told about here was AZAAN by final messenger of Allah and his mission continues to date. People are daily invited to way of life advised by Allah by Muslim missionaries throughout the world. Mullahs have made work of Muslim missionaries very hard by misinterpreting the message of the Quran and misrepresenting it to people but if people educate themselves and examine the Quran sensibly they can overcome nonsense told by mullahs about deen of Islam. However if people refuse to answer the call of Allah then Allah claims freedom from their harmful and destructive thoughts and actions against each other ie whatever harm and destruction they inflict upon each other in the name of Allah, Allah disassociates himself from that.
4) save those who live by way of life other than advised by Allah yet at least have honoured your offer of peace in every detail and aided none against you. Therefore fulfil your word to them to the end of their term because set-up systems and laws of Allah support only those who are consistent with guidance of Allah for the well being of the mankind.
In these verses Allah is letting Muslims give their word of assurance to all groups of nonMuslims that they will never be attacked by them if they will not do so themselves on the condition that they will never hinder them from delivering the message of Allah to mankind and if they are attacked by anyone in response they will never side with them against Muslims. However if they did any of this then word of assurance given by Muslims will become null and void and people who will back stab Muslims and those who will help them do that to Muslims will be dealt with appropriately by Muslims at their own choosing.
5) However if naked aggressions against you actualise thereby become exposed by any party of those who live by way of life other than advised by Allah then on that ground you are free to retaliate against such as disregard your word from among people who live by way of life other than the one advised by Allah as you see fit wherever you find them causing you troubles, you should seize them, besiege them and lie in wait for them to ambush them using any appropriate stratagem of war yet if they stop their hostilities against you and help you establish Our advised community network and thereby help attain freedom for mankind from harms and destructions then help them to be that way, surely Allah is protector of mankind through His blissful and dignifying program.
Word INASALAKHA is from root SEEN, LAAM and KHAA. Concrete meaning of this root is bring something into the open eg flesh of an animal by stripping off its hide. Also to bare to the bone, to strip naked, to strip one of his reputation, character assassination, conspire to destroy someone, extricate, depart from a reference point or agreement or standard or requirement, to depart or go away, to pass away, to peel off, to detach, to strip away, to cast off, to become detached, to abandon, to forsake etc etc.
Word AL-ASH-HURU is from root SHEEN, HAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is an open declaration of something eg when moon is cited it is an open declaration of new month. When sword is drawn it is open declaration of war. It also means to make manifest or known to public at large. This root therefore means fame or famous, something could be famous for good or bad reason. Something or someone notorious, something that comes to or is brought to attention of general public etc etc.
Word ALHURUM is from root HAA, RAA and MEEM. As explained already, it means something that someone is stopped from doing because doing it will lead to harm or destruction. The main things the Quran stops humanity from doing is fighting with each other and wars or bloodshed and things that can lead to that end.
This verse contains words AL-ASH-HURUL HURUM. In the context of this Surah they mean situations and circumstances not suitable for fighting or war. Things that prevent from fighting or war or taking some action for some reason. It also means open aggressions or declarations of wars or undeclared wars. It is because one people are committing acts of open aggressions against another that are forbidden between communities by way of treaties between them. So if that happens then the prophet and his community are free to retaliate appropriately till aggression is fully dealt with so that there is no longer any such threat any sooner again. This is necessary because if such situations are not dealt with sensibly and sincerely in time then they could lead to terrible consequences in time to come. However, it should be remembered always that not all problems increase with time but some also need time to decrease and become solved, so the point is to solve problems as appropriate time and resources wise. The other point made here is that people can switch sides at any time because as dialogues, discussion and debates continue between people and more and more people become more and more learned and educated they will change their minds so it is not right to treat anyone as a permanent enemy. This is why door must be kept open for reconciliation between warring factions.
6) Even if any party of those who live by way of life other than the one advised by Allah requests you first for assurance for peace and security, grant it the assurance of peace and security so that the party may hear about the goals and guidelines and program of Allah that is how you should lead it to a stage whereat it feels itself truly secure in its existence. This is to be done for such people because they are not yet aware of the message of Allah.
This verse tells followers of the Quran that even if any community that is not yet aware of the message of Allah requests for a treaty, grant it and take advantage of the situation by helping them educate themselves so that they could understand the message of Allah. It is because in the message of Allah rests program for peace and security of mankind. When mankind will understand the message of Allah they will find that it is a win, win situation for all human beings to act upon it but till then people who claim to be followers of Quran must remain ready to help each other as well as people of other communities ie the mission must carry on. The first leg of mission is to work towards a kingdom based upon guidance of Allah. Again it should always be kept in forefront of one’s mind that Allah works according to a set program and plan of actions. He works by formulas and standards and not by thinking and doing things randomly and haphazardly. It is his goal to make human population become united, peaceful, progressive and prosperous through help of his revelation, so none can stop this from happening but since people are created in state of having no knowledge and they take time to become learned so Allah gives people time to grow up generation after generation. His standard is set and his plan is in action from day one, so people as they become more and more learned generation after generation they keep moving towards his set standard be it unknowingly by pushing each other in that direction. This is why one day enough people will become learned that they will declare themselves as supporters of kingdom based upon guidance of Allah. That time will only come when these people will have moved out of mazhab and into deen frame of mind. Till people remain religious ie they keep believing in make beliefs there is no chance of establishment of a kingdom based upon guidance of Allah at a large scale. It is because religion and secularism divide is fundamentally anti kingdom based upon guidance of Allah. Just as Allah chose his messengers as per his set standard so he has set a standard for a people to meet before they can bring about the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah and run it. As explained already, having sense of concept of self organisation and self regulation is fundamental for such people who wish to bring about and run the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah as a community or ummah. People are not to follow each other blindly but to support each other according to the set standard in the Quran because it is not the people who are set standard but word of Allah. The Quran does state that lives of his messengers are a beautiful example for people to follow but only in the sense of their following of word of Allah. They do not become a standard in themselves because even they made mistakes here and there and were corrected by Allah. So anyone who makes mistakes cannot be a standard on his own rather it becomes a matter of pick and choose. So messengers of Allah were an example to follow only so far as they themselves made no mistakes. Where they ended up making any mistakes, people should follow the actual standard and not messengers. This is why taking messengers of Allah as a standard in themselves is not correct because even messengers must follow standard set by Allah as explained already. People have loads of make beliefs about messengers of Allah so they need to correct themselves. Fundamentally all messengers of Allah were human beings and nothing other than human beings ie they were born as human beings, lived and died as human beings. They ate food and had wives and kids etc etc. In short they were not a case of they are human beings yet not human beings at the same time. It is confusing in itself to think that way due to contradiction. Allah chose them as his messengers because they met his set criterion for them to be chosen for his mission. The idea is very simple that Allah decided to create the world and planned things and in his planning he imbedded or nested his standards, criterions, formulas, laws and conditions according to which he was to do things to make his plan work and that is what TAQDEER or QADR is all about as explained elsewhere.
7) How can Allah advise His messenger to give word of assurance to people who take for a way of life other than the one advised by Allah when they keep on disregarding the assurance but exception is for likes of such as live by way of life other than the one advised by Allah to whom you gave word of assurance on behalf of Our kingdom and they never disregarded it? Therefore stick to your word about them so long as they keep sticking to it, because set-up systems and laws of Allah support those who are consistent with guidance of Allah for the well being of humanity.
In this verse clear distinction is drawn between communities that stick to their words and those who keep breaching their words. Peace treaties are not based on whatever people believe and do in the names of their religions. The context of the Surah is about entering the agreements between communities whatever their beliefs and practices may be. So long as any community gives no troubles to any other the treaty is fine. Treaty is only put aside when one community repeatedly ignores its agreed obligations and inflicts harm and destruction upon the other at each opportunity, so opportunist treaties are no treaties at all because they are only used as a ploy by one community for taking undue advantage of another community. Therefore Allah is alerting his messenger to be careful who you enter in agreement with and for what purpose.
8) So do not enter in agreement with those who repeatedly breach the treaty, how can you trust any such people who when they see any advantage over you breach the treaty showing no responsibility towards any relationship based on that agreement? So they simply try to take you into confidence by their smooth talk but in their minds they have other plans because most of them work against the way of life advised by Allah by causing divisions among mankind thereby they work against well being of humanity.
When a people prove by what they do repeatedly that they cannot be trusted then any agreement with such people is useless so there is no point in continuing this useless exercise. Instead they need to be taught a good lesson to drive home the point that antisocial mindset, attitude and behaviour to this degree is unacceptable and must be retaliated against to wipe it out for peace and security of mankind. When a part of body becomes so damaged that it cannot be repaired in any way and becomes a danger for survival of the rest of the body then time has come for amputation. Such people who have no respect for humanity therefore must be first isolated by community based upon international standard and if that does not work then they should be eliminated to save rest of humanity from their very dangerous thought s and actions. It is because each of the communities must follow some way of life whereby it could be judged whether it can be trusted or not for a workable inter-communal relationship. If a people fail even in up keeping with common human decency and become a danger for human race then humanity will have to be better without such people who try to damage and destroy humanity.
9) Such people have traded the terms and conditions of kingdom of Allah for the benefit of mankind for their individual gains at the expense of human community that is why they hinder others from His advised way of life. Harmful and destructive indeed is their course of actions for the human community.
The Quran keeps repeating that people sell themselves cheap for the way of life based upon personal gains at the expense of each other in exchange for way of life advised by Allah based upon brotherhood of humnaity.
10) They neither help others by honouring the obligations based on social relationships nor observe the obligations of treaties with those who claim to have committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind. These are such a people indeed who have transgressed beyond all bounds necessary for survival of humanity.
11) Yet if they stop doing all this and accept responsibility for their wrong doings and start helping you establish Our system in order to help you attain freedom from all ills in the community then they are your ideological brethren under Our constitution and law. That is how We explain Our goals and guidelines in detail for people who wish to understand and implement them.
12) But if they violate their peace treaty with you yet again after agreeing to it and start interfering with your installation of Our program, constitution and law within your jurisdiction then you are free to fight with such chiefs and their personnel who are blood thirsty warmongers. Since their peace agreements prove worthless so war is the only way to stop them from their harmful and destructive designs against mankind.
Here Allah exposes enemies of humanity by telling us what is in the hearts of such people for humanity ie to enslave masses for their personal gains. This stands very true for bankers in our time. One has to ask, how did bankers get rich to begin with? They started with renting out security boxes to the public. In these security boxes people left their valuable things eg gold and silver etc. When they saw that people seldom take out their things in security boxes, they started renting out security notes as receipts on other people’s wealth in their security boxes and kept the rental income themselves ie they found out how to make money on wealth of other people. This is like you have a house and you have to go away so you leave a guard to look after your house and the guard instead of looking after your house rents out your house and keeps the rent himself while you are away for a long time. If that guard did the same for all the houses that are left in his security then he will soon become a rich man on property of others. The idea is same when people draw lottery ie you buy a things and start selling tickets for its to lots of people and that way you make much more money than the actual thing is worth that you are going to give away to the lottery winner. Individuals buy lottery ticket because it is worth more than the ticket they are buying so greed and dishonesty is at the very heart of all this kind of exploitation of masses. This is the way of life people adopt at the expense of way of life advised by Allah. They love cheating others and they love being cheated by others but once this lead to an end full of pain and suffering then masses start crying in pain but by then it is too late to turn back the clock. This is what the Quran warns against. This is what Allah frightens people with ie you will fall in this situation if you are not careful. This is what Allah means by our wrong thoughts and actions against his advice that lead to such outcomes. All this cheating and deception of people against each other for undue advantage only damages humanity and has no effect on person of Allah whatsoever. This is why properly understanding, accepting and following guidance of Allah is of vital importance for humanity and this is why it is necessary that people try their best to educate each other out of all kind of ignorance so that humanity could live a blissful, dignified and secure life. This is why people must fight if it comes to that against enemies of humanity in order to ensure well being of humanity. Allah does not want us to fight but if people create troubles for people then troublemakers must be dealt with or humanity will suffer terrible consequences for not dealing with dangerous elements within humanity. The Quran identifies for us who the dangerous people are ie people who oppose unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind as a proper human community. This is how the Quran tells us who the real Muslims are ie people who work for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of humanity as a proper human community. One is called party of Allah and the other party of opponents of his guidance ie Satans.
13) Why should you not fight against such people as have broken their peace treaties again and again and conspired to expel the messenger as well as they were the first to start the open aggressions against you? Are you people trying to show such concern for them that they do not really deserve? No, you shouldn’t instead it is Allah’s goals and guidelines that are more deserving of your attention if you really are committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind because peace is not possible with people who only want war.
If a person moves away from fighting but the other keeps coming after him and starts fighting with him then it becomes necessary that the fighter is taught a lesson till he has learned it and never forgets it. The Quran does not allow people to give in to harmful and destructive elements in human society.
14) Therefore fight and defeat them that is how Allah will make them suffer the painful consequences of their actions by your hands in order to contain them that is why He will support you against them and that is how He will soothe the hearts and minds of those who are committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind by putting back their trust in human community.
When a people prove untrustable due to their treachery and deception, it is a big blow to international relations that is why it is a very serious matter. This trust cannot return till steps are taken to reinstate it by completing defeating such elements. This is why no individual or community must deceive anyone because then they will lose their support once found out. It is never easy to rebuild the lost trust or confidence. It is because people are very un-forgetful and unforgiving. As for they are concerned, once a cheat is always a cheat and once a liar is always a liar. This is why it is better not to fall from grace though that is impossible for human beings because people only learn from mistakes and practice makes perfect provided it is for the better and not for the worse.
15) That is how He will take away all the arrogance and rancour from their hearts and minds making them realise the truth after their defeat because Allah turns towards His blissful revelation whoever so desires and works towards it, that is how Allah makes obvious for mankind that He alone is the ruler of this universe the one full of wisdom.
16) Do you think that if you fight them not then you will be left alone by these people? Not at all and Allah has not yet made known amongst yourselves as to which of you people have exerted your utmost effort in His cause and which of you did not rely on other than revelation of Allah through His messenger and those who claim to have committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind, that is how Allah shows that He is well aware of all that you people need to do.
17) It cannot be expected of any such leadership and its following that keeps breaching the treaties from among those who live by rule of other than Allah that they can install and maintain the constitutional institutions based upon guidance of Allah because they make it amply clear for all communities involved to see by their such actions against the goals and guidelines of Allah. It is such people whose actions lead to harm and destruction whereby all end up in painful suffering through fire of hatred against each other.
18) Proper institutions based on guidance of Allah for serving humanity can only be installed and maintained by those who really commit themselves to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to the program, constitution and law of Allah for the good of future of mankind by way of establishing the community network for attaining freedom from all ills in the human community by paying full attention to nothing other than set up universal systems and laws of Allah. It is they who are expected to abide by Our guidance faithfully.
Here attention of followers of divine message is drawn to a very important point that even though international relations are very important yet other people who do not yet accept message of the Quran cannot be expected to implement it. So followers of the divine message must carry on with their duty of implementing the divine program by using the Quran as a guideline for formation of constitution and law. They should put in place in the kingdom state institutions and administrations as told in the Quran for serving community faithfully. Once this is done and people of other communities see heavenly inspired kingdom working properly it should draw their attention to do the same for themselves for their better future. The other point is that no matter what any people claim, it matters not till they bring forth the evidence for what they claim. So the community that claims to follow the Quran, if their claim is true then they must have something to show for it, therefore one has to ask, have they anything to prove themselves as followers of the Quran? If other communities look at state of Muslim community, they will not be willing to accept the Quran is divine or Muslims are any better people than rest of them. This is because a tough question arises for Muslims to answer, if Muslims are truly following the Quran and it has landed them into this sort of terrible life then the Quran is definitely not divine in its origin. Or if the Quran is definitely divine then Muslims are most certainly not followers of the Quran by the look at the state they are in. This question needs to be answered by Muslim Ummah with certainty and soon. Unfortunately for the time being Muslims cannot answer this question because that needs knowledgeable people but currently state of education in Muslim countries is shameful. This is why people who ought to be leading mankind are left far behind in matters of importance. When Ummah is going to catch up with rest of humanity is anyone’s guess. There are not many proper universities, colleges and schools to cater for such huge ignorant population of Ummah. Muslims have grossly misunderstood the message of the Quran and are spreading worst ignorance based concepts about Islam so it is a spiral of downhill slide. Odd intellectual arise among Muslims but they are buried under tonnes of ignorant mullahs who are sent out of thousands of madrassas around the world funded by foreign agencies to keep Ummah tangled up in its ignorance so that it cannot play its real part in its international position among nations.
Before mankind could appreciate AL-ISRA= the journey of knowledge, it is absolutely necessary that they think over relationship between creation, divine revelation and mankind. If we ask ourselves, what happened after we were born? The only answer will be we started on our journey of discovery. Discovery of what? Knowing ourselves, our environment, our past and future. Let us take our self awareness first, did we know who we are when we were born? The answer is, no, we did not know who we are. In fact we did not even know if we have a brain or how it works. The first thing we learned on our journey of discovery was to learn how to use our brains. The brain needed external input before it could start learning its own use. Let us begin with eyes. Did our brains know how to use our eyes? No, they did not know how to get information from the eyes and what to do with it. However, once it tried to look at information that it received through the eyes, it tried to get more and more information from the eyes and then it started to make sense of it little by little. When brain tried to look at something it could not look at it straight away rather it missed the target again and again but gradually through a lot of trial and error it finally learned how to control movements of eyes. Please look at new born babies and see how long it takes them to focus their eyes properly. This is why the saying practice makes perfect. Brain learned through help of eyes to look at things then learned to make judgements about the information received from the eyes eg what the things is, how big it is, how far it is, what colour it is, what shape it is etc etc. So you can see that brain had to learn how to use itself and its senses eg eyes, ears, nose, tongue, limbs and rest of body etc etc. Now think about how much time was involved in each of these steps and how many mistakes were made during that time to master the techniques involved in learning each of these skills. Just as our brains made countless mistakes in learning how to use eyes properly, so they made ample mistakes when they started to learn use of our ears. The information received through the ears told us where the sound coming from, how far the sound is coming from, what is making this sound, from which direction it is coming etc etc. How long it took our brains to learn how to use our ears properly and how the brain made sense of the information received through the ears and how many mistakes we made while learning all this? So far there is no God or revelation journey just self discovery. How long it took us to perfect use of our hands and feet? Did you catch the ball the very first time when your mummy or daddy threw a ball to you? No, your hands were here, there and everywhere but nowhere near the ball to catch it. How long did it take us to learn how to throw a ball and catch it and how many mistakes did we make before we learned the skills? Think about how long it took us to sit up or crawl or stand up or to walk and run or jump etc? How many mistakes we had to make to learn each of these like skills?
After being able to learn about ourselves we began exploring our environment ie our toys, our relatives, our household and wider world. How long that takes us to learn skills to interact with things within our environment and in wider universe and how many mistakes are made along the way? Let us ask ourselves a question? Is it at all possible for humans to learn anything without making so many mistakes? The answer is, no, it is not possible. We humans are self programming robots. We are created with ability to learn things but along the way we are prone to making loads of mistakes because that is what being a human being means. All this is called life experience or information and understanding or knowledge. So far I have not talked about God and revelation. What does that tell us? It tells us God and revelation is not the start of the journey of discovery. It is the other end of it ie when we have learned about ourselves and our universe and things in it only then questions arise in our minds, what is all this set up out there, who set it up and for what purpose? Now comes the journey of discovery based on God and revelation after our life experiences force us to ask some very basic and very fundamental questions. Once we discover ourselves we are still like other animals, when we learn about our environment we are still like other animals because they too know how to use their brains and senses and find their way around to carry on with their lives just like people. The only time we rise above animals is when we start asking questions that animals do not ask. Those questions set us on journey to discovery of God through his revelation but in light of what we have learned so far already. If we did not have this experience, we could not understand the need for divine revelation nor could understand it in general because it is like seeing something the very first time or hearing something the very first time or feeling something the very first time. When our mothers called us the first time we did not know they were our mothers or that they were calling us. So think about it how could you understand the divine book if it was given to you before all this life experience? Now think also about the fact that if you were given anything that contradicted your self-awareness or your life experience could that be acceptable to you? The answer is, no. It is because your life experience is the only thing that you trust and live by and if anything takes that away then you have lost your whole identity or personality ie you will be like a brainless thing, not a thinking a person. This is why divine revelation ought to enrich and enhance human experience and personality, not destroy it. Not everyone rises to this level of thinking rather most people live like animals and die away. Those who start on this journey of discovery, they do not end up necessarily on the right spot. Why not? Because like our self discovery and discovery of our environment this journey is not free of making loads of mistakes either. Also life is a limited period of time in which one can only learn so much.
Here we must realise two things. a)God is God so his word must be supposed to be purposefully perfect. b) We must necessarily due to our life experience accept that man is created without knowing anything ie with brain like clean slate. The first step for man is that he must learn about himself and then about universe in which he is born because that is his environment and when he has learned enough he then should try and understand the divine revelation accepting the fact that he is going to make a lot of mistakes before he gets it right. What does all this tell us? It tells us people who are ignorant even about their own self or lack awareness of universal realities cannot be people who can understand divine message because they do not have the needed information that helps decode divine message. Let us take the Quran for example, how many people understand its text in its context properly? Not the people who live their lives like animals, not interested in learning things. It matters not what they claim to be, their level of information and its understanding exposes them whether they are truly learned or mere big mouth for their own reasons. Other than the Quran, all sources of information are human works. This includes works on the Quran itself ie tafaseer of the Quran. They are all either true or false attempts at getting what the Quranic message may be. I say true because not all people who try to make sense of the Quran are insincere nor all are sincere because all people only do what they want to do and all do as much as they think they need to do. So we all have our reasons for saying and doing things that we say or do. That either makes us sincere or insincere with work we undertake. Learning is an open ended thing, none can claim I know each and everything there is to know. It is a very long journey because it is a very long road to travel upon. All we can do is make our journey and cover as much of the distance as much we can and hope for the best. So all we need to do is make sure as much as it is within our capability to make sense of things purposefully. This helps cutting out confusion and chaos to some degree. This is why reading the Quran aimlessly is useless. If one reads it for finding out what it actually says then one has to spend some time on it because that involves a lot of thinking and going back and forth many times over to try to get as close to what it really means as possible. Leading lives by asking useless questions of others about God or his message and never using one's own brain leads one nowhere other than confusion and a useless life like animals. It is because it is a purposeless life. One must always remember the Quran is sole divine source of knowledge for deen of Islam in the whole world. Reports collected in form of Ahadith books are human source of information which is not free of fabrications and misinterpretations as well as misrepresentations so one needs to be very careful in using Ahadith books, particularly if one has no sense of the Quranic text in its own context. Relying on the Hadith reports more than the Quran is not a good idea. The main thing for all should be the Quran and after having learned the Quran one will have some idea how to use ahadith and which ahadith are more likely to be fine and which may not be sound or dependable for reasons explained by collectors and criticisers of hadith works.
The same idea should be used for islamic history books, biographies of the prophet and fiqh or islamic jurisprudence works etc etc. People have been inventing and attributing a lot of false information to God, his scriptures and his messengers. The proof is, the Quran has repeatedly said don't tell lies about God or so and so people lied about God or his messengers. By not trying to look at things in their proper context one is not doing oneself and others any favours. If it is difficult to understand the Quran , it is not easy to understand Ahadith works either. Was it an easy journey for us to become aware of ourselves? No. Was it easy to learn about our own environment and the universe? No. Why should then we expect that understanding the message of God will be a piece of cake? Skills are not learned easily that is our life time experience but that does not mean we should give up on learning things and live like animals. That humanity must never do or it will find its life more and more difficult, not easy. Humanity is one big family so this family must help each other out in order to learn things so that we end up with better life than we have. The Quran is a book that can give us solid foundation for our journey towards a better future. The main point from all this explanation one must realise is, never to interpret the divine message against real world realities because understanding of the divine message fully depends upon it. If you cut off the Quran from the real world realities then you have destroyed your base upon which your whole life experience is founded. Any book that is interpreted that way becomes useless for people and that is why people must not follow brainless people who claim to be scholars of holy books but interpret them in ways that they disconnect them from real world realities or set them against real world realities. Always remember if something is useless in this world it is useless in any other world that people can think of. People need help with way of living in this world to begin with. In other words God matters more in this world than any other world as far as humanity is concerned. So if God was useless in this world he will not become useful for any other world either. People need to have right concepts about God as he has told them in his message. This is why attributing harmful and destructive ideas to God is a very bad idea because this renders human differences irreconcilable, which defeats the very purpose of human creation and divine revelation. This should also explain what word ISRAA means, a journey to an imaginary world or something more down to earth? The Quran takes humanity on a journey of learning so that it could set up its world in a way that helps humanity live a blissful, dignified and secure life. The stories of past people are told as lessons for us as to what they got out of life when they followed divine programs, goals and guidelines and how they suffered and ended up destroying themselves by going about life like worse than animals. Choice is ours to learn things and make use of our learning for the benefit of ourselves or just do as we please and then see what happens to us as a human population.
People therefore should avoid nonsense stories ignorant people have invented and spread about God, his scriptures, his messengers and people of God. They are only invented for a purpose and people should try and discover that purpose from those stories. God sent his messages to turn a human shaped animal into a proper human being and not the other way round. No prophet was sent to be master of any other human being as his slave. Even God himself did not create man to be his slave. God created man to be a man to appreciate creativity of God through being creative himself. There is nothing wrong if we call God or his messengers or others masters in sense of teachers. We have wrong understanding of a lot words and terms used in the Quran because we have lost interest in studying the Quran objectively for its purpose. We have turned God into a tyrant monster and need intermediaries to save us from this tyrant. This is not how God introduces himself to us in the Quran. How many times we say bismilla yet never bother to ponder on the concepts attached to the words in this verse. We have not appreciated God yet as we ought to because we have not pondered over the text of the Quran in its proper context. That is what we should do if we are at all interested in knowing what is actually in the Quran. The mullahs we follow are not aware of even themselves let alone the universal realities. This is why they cannot teach us the Quran as it ought to be taught. This is why they interpret verses of the Quran as they wish and not on basis of real world realities. This is why Muslims as an ummah are a most confused people. This condition of ummah cannot change unless we start getting interested in learning real information about real things and understand it and then study the Quranic text in that light. Sir Syed told this ummah that but mullahs went after him, Dr Iqbal was also pursued by mullahs for similar views about Islam. May be it is time to reconsider stance of Sir Syed and Iqbal if we are at all interested in our rise as an ummah. In fact we need another Sir Syed for our time who could see into distant future as of today. We surely do not need stupidity of mullaiyat or priesthood any more if we really want to get out of this mess we have created for ourselves by going about things the foolish way.
19) Do you take as equals those who are committed to giving life to warfare and cultivating an environment against bringing about a kingdom based upon Our guidance to those who are committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to program, constitution and law of Allah for the better future of humanity by struggling in the way of Allah? They are not same in the sight of Allah and Allah does not impose His guidance on those who work against it whereby they end up inflicting harms and destructions upon each other.
As explained already word AL-HAAJJ is from root HAA, JEEM and JEEM and it has various meanings including protest, campaign, agitation, fight, struggle, argument, to undertake journey for a purpose etc etc. SIQAAYAH means to satisfy one’s thirst. It could be thirst for peace, knowledge, blood or water etc etc.
20) Those who truly commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind and leave their false ideas and homes in support of cause of Allah and struggle using whatever ways and means they have along with their people as a community are surely raised very high in dignity by Allah because they try to attain and maintain unity and peace through progress, for prosperity of mankind.
21) Their Creator and Sustainer gives them program for blissful, dignified and secure existence through revelation from Himself as a reference so that it provides for them the basis for blissful kingdom wherein are blessings of all sorts that last.
22) They abide therein for as long as they live by rule based upon guidance of Allah. Surely it is Allah in whose program rests a permanently rewarding existence for mankind.
23) O you who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind! Support not your elders and your fellows in your communities if they love waging wars against each other for personal gains at the expense of each other instead of striving for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of your communities, so if any of you will back them up then such people are of those who transgress against program, constitution and law of Allah as well as human community whereby they inflict harms and destructions upon each other.
In these verses target of condemnation is personal gain at the expense of each other whereby people form groups or form alliances on that basis. In this way just as individuals compete negatively against each other for personal gains at the expense of each other and do not let community progress so do families, clans, tribes and nations etc whereby humanity is held hostage to these setbacks caused by people themselves due to their stupidity. As explained already the Quran does not allow rule by people, be they rulers, priests or money lenders etc etc. It is because no matter what, alliances formed on basis of individual personal gains spell disaster for mankind so all people must stay away from such alliances or be ready for seriously harmful or even destructive consequences.
24) Say to mankind, if despite their working against rule based upon guidance of Allah your elders, your youngsters, your peers, your team members you work with, the people you socialise with, the things you have acquired through hard labour, the things you have gained through trading for profit for loss of which you fear and the ways of life you have adopted in which you are settled are more valuable to you than struggling for establishing the rule based upon guidance of Allah through His messenger then wait till law of consequences as set-up by Allah shows its effects and remember, guidance of Allah guides not those who learn not His guidance properly and instead rebel against it and cause divisions thereby fracture human community.
This verse makes it very clear for humanity that if people are ok the way the life is for them then Allah will not do anything to get them out of it, he will only get them out of any way of life with which they are unhappy but he will only get them out of it the way he has told them in his message and not any other way no matter whatever they try. So if any people want any change then first thing they need to do is educate themselves about the state in which they exist and look for reasons that got them into that situation. After that look for state of existence that they would like to be in realistically and then look for realistic ways to get there and once all is sorted out work out an action plan and act on it and be there. A clear lesson for the mankind that it is all up to people themselves and not up to God to change the world for the better or worse. God has already provided people with all they need including his revelation so when people will educate themselves to use provided things properly and use them, their problems will become solved. So long as people stick to each other on baseless grounds they will remain as they are and keep facing the same results for their same actions. Only when they base their relationships with each other on foundation of heavenly revealed foundation they will have the proper change that will really benefit them. So God does not offer mankind magical, mysterious, miraculous or supernatural solutions at all. Instead he wants mankind to work very hard for what they want thereby encourages them to be creative and dependable and self reliant people as a community, not looking for saviours with supernatural powers. This is proof that the Quran is not word of other than Allah ie of human beings because it talks about down to earth solutions for problems of humanity the way human beings could not think for themselves, .hence the need for divine guidance for mankind.
25) Allah has indeed helped you on many occasions in life and most recently during the period of turmoil that faced you through His guidance because at the time you valued yourselves very high as individuals against each other due to your arrogance based on rivalries and animosities against each other, so your that mindset, attitude and behaviour did not help you at all. The land despite its vastness seemed closing in upon you as a people yet you retreated from the brink of destruction due to His revealed program.
Here Allah is reminding these people who are in two minds that he sent the Quran only because humanity was in need of guidance because it was at the brink of self destruction but this guidance is not going to guide them if they will ignore it and carry on living as usual or if they will try to use this guidance as a tool for using and abusing each other in the name of God . When people have gone so far in rivalries and undercutting each other through cutthroat competition then, animosity and hatred settles in and the hopelessness takes over because community spirit is no longer there so there is no compassion and goodwill in minds of people for each other. This is where divine help is still at hands if people decide to refer to it but if they do not then the setup divine systems and laws of nature remain constantly at work and people get what they deserve. The Quran is full of stories about past nations as to what they deserved and what they got by doing what they did.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:35 PM
26) And that was due to Allah sending His manifesto, constitution and law through His messenger for people to commit themselves to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind and thereby He revealed to you for your rescue forces which you did not realise before yet the opponents of the message remained in painful suffering and that is how He made opponents of His rule suffer the painful consequences of their own actions.
When people took themselves to the brink of destructions through their course of actions due to the way they lived by adopting ways of life that could only and only lead them to harm and destruction in the end, Allah dropped them a life line to cling onto to save themselves. Some did others did not. However, some who were saved then are at it again so they are reminded what happened to them earlier and same is going to repeat if they take things back to the way they were then. The other thing we are told about here are forces that these people were unaware of. Of course, the Quran reveals the forces it is talking about and those forced are knowledge and people who learn it and act upon it. That is how the divine messengers and their supporters were successful because they were able to educate themselves and their people thereby and were able to unlock the potential of their supporters for succeeding in fight for blissful, dignified and secure life or survival. Having proper knowledge of things is power and anyone who has the knowledge is very powerful indeed provided one puts that knowledge into practice faithfully. One only has to see where man is today as compared to when he was living in caves. Forces of nature need to be understood by mankind and used for their benefit is the lesson of the Quran. Allah has created all things for mankind to use them for his benefit through his own creativity and hard work. It is a matter of sky is the limit ie man is only limited by his own imagination as far as the Quran is concerned.
27) Despite their such mindset, attitude and behaviour Allah kept the door to His guidance opened for all of them so that any who make effort to learn it, benefit from it, because Allah is protector of all mankind but He secures them only through His revelation that can lead them to blissful, dignified and secure existence.
The only way Allah helps people is by way of guidance other than the way he has set up the world to work. The guidance only draws attention of people to things which they otherwise may not think about as explained already. Education is all about bringing things to attention of people which otherwise people do not think about. This is exactly what human senses do to help human brain function by providing triggers due to observations that happen in real world.
28) O you who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind! Be warned that no matter what those who have adopted ways of life other than the one advised by Allah they are of impure mindsets, attitudes and behaviours because they are fully submerged in harmful and destructive motives and designs against humanity therefore do not let them undermine the kingdom based upon program, constitution and law of Allah after a period of general amnesty and reconciliation so that they stop harming the community spirit and reform. If you are concerned about poverty of constructive thought and action in people, soon Allah will enrich you through His program because that is what His plan is about. That is how Allah makes evident for mankind that He is the ruler who has the wisdom to run the kingdom of universe.
Word NAJASUN is from root NOON, JEEM and SEEN. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is not free of impurities. Also charm, amulet, profanity, filth, dirt, impure, unclean or desecration etc etc.
In the Quranic context this word means harmful and destructive mindset, attitude and behaviour people have towards each other from which the Quran stops people because it harms humanity. Since the Quran wants people to be of pure human friendly mindset, attitude and behaviour therefore anyone who thinks and works against that ideology is considered as a person of dirty mind and action. Such people who are enemies of humanity cannot be allowed to come near kingdom based on guidance of Allah because they are bound to do things that can destroy it. Here the Quran is not talking about mere make beliefs and useless rituals but actual thoughts and actions of people whereby they fracture human community by turning brother against brother and when that happens any kingdom becomes destroyed due to infightings. The Quran distinguishes between two kind of make belief followers a) who keep their word and b)those who do not keep their word. The reason is that human beings are created ignorant but with ability to learn and do things and change with time for the better. So people who have no ulterior motives against humanity but due to lack of knowledge have wrong thoughts are not considered as a danger to humanity because that is natural state of human existence. However those who deliberately remain ignorant and play tricks on humanity in various ways to try and create troubles for fellow human beings for personal gains at their expense are considered dirty. For example a ruler, a mullahs a money lender is a dirty Kaafir even if one claims to be a Muslim because one is undermining humanity and message of Allah both.
Words AL-MASJID AL-HARAAM means kingdom or state or institution based upon divine teaching ie sacred kingdom or heavenly inspired kingdom. A kingdom based on the concept of submission to will of God for the benefit or well being of mankind. Any kingdom or any institution based upon guidance of Allah working against which is strictly forbidden by Allah for mankind because it ensures well being of mankind. The institutions that are put in place to carry out works based on guidance of Allah for serving humanity are also called AL_MASAAJID. This word does not mean temples or places of worship as it is usually translated because Islam is not a religion ie a dogmatic creed that needs places for carrying out religious rituals. Islam is AL-DEEN ie a program or a roadmap for mankind to live their lives by for accomplishing a set of goals ie peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
Humans are material beings and all their needs are material needs eg a biological body cannot come into existence or continue its existence without food and water and because people are born with brains so they need psychological food as well which is knowledge and due to being biological and emotional beings people need social interaction. People need God only because otherwise they cannot make sense of life. So understanding divine message and acting according to it is called spiritualism or divine inspired way of life. The superstition, the magic, the mystery etc etc has nothing to do with Islamic spiritualism. If human mind could get in touch with God all by itself then that would have eliminated the need for concept of divine revelation just like people do not need divine revelation for self awareness and awareness about the universal realities. All that is needed for that is brain and senses and ability to use them to feel the way around things. This is not the case when it comes to God and his revelation. In this case even though man is not capable of reaching God but God is capable of reaching man so if man wants to know what God wants of him then he has to look for his message in light of real world realities. Once man finds divine message and understands it and does what is required him then he will get the results of his thoughts and actions as promised by God.
29) Therefore keep campaigning hard to kill that mindset, attitude and behaviour of the transgressors from among the people of the book - who do not commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to guidance of Allah for the better future of humanity because they do not hold that forbidden which Allah has declared forbidden therefore they stop not each other from doing what Allah has forbidden through His messenger because they do not accept living by way of life that is proper for well being of mankind - until they become convinced and accept consistency with universal set-up systems and laws of Allah that are beneficial for mankind willingly as an outcome and give up fighting against it.
Word JIZYAH is from root JEEM, ZAA and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is result of an action. Wage for the work done or effect of a cause. The same root also means to stand in for, taxation, to pay tribute, requital, outcome, reward, verdict, recompense, to punish for bad deeds, to take the place of, to undertake responsibility for, to become liable for, to pay someone for something, to pay back, retribution, penalty, payment in return for some goods or services, head tax received by a Muslim emperor for a nonMuslim community under his protection, poll tax, decision or judgement etc etc.
These verses in the Quran are dealing with people belonging to different communities in different respects in context of Islamic state and its jurisdiction. The Quran tells its followers to make all people live by a way of life that is based upon common good of humanity. It tells its followers to keep on campaigning against all people in the world who live by programs, constitutions and laws against well being of mankind till they accept living by program, constitution and law that ensure well being of mankind as a whole. All this because the Quran is a book for a mission and not a book for pooja paat. It is book that is revealed for mankind to educate them to adopt a way of life that will lead them to blissful, dignified and secure existence. People can have any make beliefs and rituals or liove by any way of life they choose so long as message of the Quran does not reach them but as soon as they receive the message of the Quran and become convinced about its divine origin and that it is for their own good and well being they should stop living by any other way of life and start living by the book of Allah as a proper community. This is done to stabilise world situation so that all people know clearly where they each stand with respect to each other. In a confused and chaotic situation people become totally stuck due to lack of trust between communities because no one knows what to expect at any moment in time so life becomes potentially hazardous for all as they fall victim to chaos and confusion. This is why if you accept to live within a certain jurisdiction you must abide by its rules or leave the state and go live where you can the way you want. If you live within a state then state laws apply and if you travel to other states then international laws apply as well as the laws of others states that you are travelling to or through. All laws regarding entry and exist or transit must be adhered to at all times or people will create troubles for themselves as well as others. In the context of the Quran these verses are not about starting of wars between followers of the Quran and the rest of human race because human race had been fighting long before the revelation of any book from Allah through any messenger of Allah always. The messengers and books were sent by Allah so that they give people basis for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind by means of active educational campaigning. Of course if any people will oppose such a mission then wars will continue and blame is on the people who themselves who seek domination by way of undermining others. Allah never sent any messenger or book to teach people to dominate each other or undermine each other but instead each and every book and messenger came from Allah to help people live for each other. So how can Allah be blamed for stupid thoughts and actions of people against each other? Therefore blaming Allah for what people so is incorrect and look at the name of this surah.
It is telling mankind that they should live by the book of Allah otherwise Allah has no part in what people do to each other for their personal gains. This is how it proves that people who blame Allah for their own harmful and destructive thoughts and actions against each other are big liars and deceivers who try to pull wool over eyes of masses due to their ignorance. These verses tell mankind that all people must be made to live by some sort of standard they choose for themselves so that chaos and confusion could be taken out of inter-communal or international relation between people so that they could work together on common grounds. It is this kind of working relationship between people that lets people move from place to place and that is how people were able to bring about the world that we have today despite all the difficulties that faced humanity along the way. So in these verses the Quran urges all people to live by laws of lands and advises that all laws of all lands must be as beneficial for people as they can be so that humanity has a way open to keep progressing and prospering till it reaches its full potential. All people are urged to fight against laws in any land to change them if they are far too oppressive and suppressive that end result has to be chaos and confusion. It is left up to people to decide for themselves how much freedom they want for themselves from each other. Likewise non-Muslims living in Muslim lands must be given appropriate freedom in return for loyalty to Islamic state. None is allowed to create a state within a state be one a Muslim or a nonMuslim. Just as all communities need inter-communal or international working relationship so all the individuals within a state need a working relationship within the state. If anyone falls outside that then, one will have to face the consequences. This is why these verses are talking about people giving up their freedom in context of protection from the state. You cannot take up arms against the state and claim the citizenship of the state as well. It has to be one or the other. Islam is not interested in what people believe and practice in religious sense but it is very much interested in how human society is setup, structured or systemised for its procedures and practices for management of people and resources. All people are given equal rights to livelihood regardless they are religious or not. God has no problem with people but people do have problems with people and God shows mankind how those problems can be solved. It is up to people to make each other see sense and that is what missionary campaign is all about ie to help educate people so that they could bring about a better world for themselves.
This particular verse is used by Mullahs to tell us that the Quran imposes a special tax on nonMuslim living under protection of kingdom based upon guidance of Allah. Is that really possible in the context of the Quran? The kingdom based upon guidance of Allah is not an imperialism whereby an emperor could expand his rule and land. Islam is all about cooperation of the willing. If people like the way of life told about in the Quran and they join the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah then that is there right so why should anyone pay any kind of tax for that because any communities that join the Muslim community that is already there becomes full part of it? The kingdom based upon guidance of Allah is strictly forbidden to start any war against anyone unless any people refuse to let Muslims carry out delivery of the message of the Quran or if they oppress and suppress their own people and they ask for help of kingdom based upon guidance of Allah. Now if a people ask for help of Muslims then they are not going to do so if the Muslims are going to become their new masters, are they? Because that will mean out of frying pan into the fire for them. So before one could interpret the Quran to use it as reference for imposition of any form of tax, one has to show the case for it. That case cannot be proven at all. A clear proof that mullahs have been misinterpreting and misrepresenting the Quran on behest of rulers who claimed to be Muslims. It is they who have used sword for expanding their kingdoms and forced converted people and took over lands of people and used name of Allah, his scripture and messenger. The very same people misinterpreted the verses of the Quran to prove that the Quran allows people to be masters and slaves of each other. The whole Quran is free of such nonsense that has been attributed to it by rulers, mullahs and money lenders. That is the kind of Islam they spread among Muslims and nonMuslims and this is why ummah became confused and fell in chaos and so today there is no proper concept of ummah at all as it was introduced by the final messenger of Allah through his final message for mankind. This mullahs based Islam gave Muslims master slave status with each other and allowed business for profit among Muslims and so people became divided on basis rulers and ruled, mullahs and followers, money lenders and money borrowers and that is what ended the brotherhood among Muslims. Today Muslims have no second thoughts when they buy and sell each other in various ways. Little they know due to their ignorance about the message of the Quran that whatever they are taking as Islam is not the deen of Islam based upon the message of the Quran. This ruler, mullah and money lender Islam has not only destroyed ummah but also introduced such an Islam to nonMuslims which is now causing problems for all Muslims be they rulers, mullahs or money lenders but they have trapped themselves very badly and cannot get out. They are like a child who has locked himself inside my mistake and is now crying for help but there is no help on the outside. This child will now have to wait and grow up and think and get out of this situation all by himself. One cannot live on lies for ever because one day one runs out of all excuses which keep showing lies are truths for a time. So Muslim ummah is now facing situations and circumstances that it must give up falsehood attributed to the Quran and Islam by itself or perish and be replaced by some other people who can understand the message of the Quran properly.
30) The party of Jewish priests claims the priestly order established on the foundation provided by Ezra is proper Judaism according to Allah and the party of Christian priests claims the priestly order established on the foundation provided by Christ is proper Christianity according to Allah. That is what they claim on basis of hearsay accounts without any proof, borrowing the make beliefs and useless ritual practices of those who used to oppose rule based upon guidance of Allah in the past. Challenge of Allah is upon them to prove their claims so that they come to know how disconnected they are from His guidance due to giving themselves to make beliefs and useless rituals, so where are they heading with their such beliefs and rituals?
Here Jews, Christians and all other communities including Muslims are challenged by God to prove their religions are actually revealed by God. It is because God never revealed any religion at all. God simply revealed his programs, constitutions and laws for all people to abide by. The main sources for basis of religions are also revealed ie hearsay accounts about religious personalities. This verse leaves one in no doubt that Torah as claimed by Jews is not the actual Torah that was given to Moses in its original form that was just like the Quran. This writing the Jews have as Torah is attributed to Moses and Joshua not God. Similar is true about Injeel that was given to Jesus. That too was like the Torah and the Quran and not the Gospels that Christians have today that are attributed to disciples of Jesus. This does not mean that these books have no actual divine message in them but that that message is copies from the original sources and these books are not original divine works like the Quran is. They are more like Muslim collections of Hadith works wherein all information originates from human sources and some of it is false because it contradicts the Quran. Further more Muslims too are victims of Mullahism or priesthood just like Jews and Christians and Parses and Hindus etc etc. All nonsense beliefs and rituals are found among Muslims as well just like other communities which are against the actual teaching of the Quran. Humanity has a very long way to go yet before it can see errors in its ways of life that it has been adopting.
31) They have taken words of their Rabbis and priests to base their ways of life upon instead of taking the revelations of Allah through His appointed leadership of community of Mariam as foundation for their communities despite being commanded to take words of God as the sole basis for formation of laws for setting up a kingdom based upon His guidance because none has the right to rule but He alone. Blissful, dignified and secure existence of mankind lies only in rule based upon His guidance and it is not possible through rule by any other and He is free of any partners and rivals in His sovereignty of this universe and that is why His campaign is against what they attribute to Him.
Here the Quran dismantles completely all the religions by telling mankind a simple fact that religions were invented by priests against what was revealed by God and why. In other words God is disowning religions and telling us what he actually revealed and why he revealed it. This can be proven from existing religious scriptures themselves ie they clearly contain commandments which only and only apply to human community relationships where as religions are private and personal affair of individuals. A clear contradiction between what scriptures state and what priests say. Priesthood among Muslims also suffers from same diseases that it tells people Islam too is just a religion like any other religion. The question is, why Muslim priests say the same thing as priesthood of any other religions? It is because when people turned to Islam in great numbers from all religions they overwhelmed existing original Muslim community so they kept living by same concepts they were brought up with in their original religious communities. Over a period of time their ideas became labelled as Islam because people who converted to Islam were much bigger populations than those who invited them to Islam. Whenever a smaller community will open its door for other communities it will become swamped if it is not careful. People should pay special attention to end part of this verse which is repeated in verses in the Quran and is generally translated as Allah is free of partners pagan attribute to him. The root SEEN, BAA and HAA has been explained already ie it means to work hard eg towards a goal. Allah is campaigning hard to educate people to give up their ignorance based beliefs and rituals and instead adopt what is told by Allah for their own well being.
32) These political, religious and economic personal interest based leaders wanted to extinguish the light of Allah's guidance by spreading their falsehood in form of religious, political and economic make beliefs and useless tricks and mechanisms in His name but Allah will establish His light of knowledge for guidance of mankind fully in due course despite the opposition of such like people who dislike and discourage rule based upon His guidance.
This verse is telling mankind, you can do all you like but in the end you will come to know that message of Allah is true because you will force each other into education even if you will ignore my teaching through my messengers. It is because as people set up themselves against each other as groups based upon vested personal interests they unknowingly help each other educate themselves as a result of by-product of their campaigns against each other. If people educated each other and learned from each other a lot of hassle will have been taken out of it but if that way is not going to be adopted by people then any way people adopt for themselves will still lead them along the same path to the very same end. A clear challenge for humanity to move away from what is stated here and prove what Allah is saying is wrong. No way mankind can do that if anything any passing day is only proving what Allah stated in this verse. This is how truth stands out but blind still cannot see and will carry on as usual.
33) Behold! It is He Who has sent His messenger with His goals and guidelines as a program, constitution and law for mankind so that He makes its benefits amply distinct in comparison to all other ways of life adopted by mankind for the reason that it becomes fully implemented in due course throughout the world despite the fact that those who invent and enforce other ways of life against it do not like seeing it fully established.
Here a clear promise is made by Allah that his revealed way of life will become known as the best for mankind in due course and gradually it will become adopted in full throughout the world despite the fact that there are people who will not like it see established. These people are not masses but rulers, mullahs and money lenders whose business will be no more. So far people have got themselves free of monarchs and mullahs so one more big step is to be taken by humanity before Islam becomes gradually established ie the end of money based way of life. This is why SALAAH and ZAKAAH are systems for people to become networks of communities and free themselves from personal gains based societies that divide humanity into castes, classes and places and races etc etc
34) O you who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind! Surely most of the Rabbis and priests take away the God given rights of the people to His provisions by spreading their self invented beliefs and useless rituals in the name of Allah and that is how they hinder them from the proper way of life as set out for mankind by Allah. They do all this to keep all the treasures of useful things including gold and silver under their control as their personal wealth so they open not things of use for the cause of Allah to benefit their communities therefore make them aware about the painful consequence of their such actions.
This verse hits the nail on its head exposing imperialism by rulers, priests and money lenders fully and why these people do what they do ie to enslave people both mentally and physically. By controlling people through doctored religious indoctrination and by controlling things the people need they can be used and abused at will. So one can see why the whole world has ended up seriously confused and in chaos due to corruption by rulers, mullahs and money lenders. More and more people are ending up depressed and more and more are ending up committing suicide and billions are living below poverty line because they are forced to do so. All because there is a deliberate conspiracy against masses by rulers, priests and money lenders who are working as a team. No wonder then the Quran had to be misinterpreted and misrepresented to keep its real message hidden so that these people could continue their use and abuse of rest of mankind. This should also clear confusion about why mullahs are supported by nonMuslim sources to keep madrassas going to keep Ummah in this confusion through mullahs. Why not build proper schools, colleges and universities and hospitals and industries to enable a people stand on their own feet? Why conditions must be attached with aids given that actually destroy communities? Moreover little aid reaches those who need it most and most of it ends back in pockets of those who give it and loans are given to communities to keep them enslaved through interest on capital instead of helping them develop. A perfect setup, trick and mechanism for use and abuse of masses all over the world. All this shows lack of community spirit and personal gains at heart of individuals. No wonder then that hatred between communities is increasing due to spread of distrust through misinformation which lead to increase in suspicion and animosities. It is therefore important that just as dominant elite is united so should masses in communities to fight this domination for use and abuse of all masses in all communities throughout the world.
35) Unless they avoid this mindset, attitude and behaviour the day is surely coming in due course when their treasures which they stole from others will produce heat of hate like hell among their own people whereby their leaders, their team members and their backers and supporters or followers will end up being targeted by their victims for revenge. They will be told by them, this is the outcome of your act of stealing and storing the treasures for your future so taste the pleasure of what you hoarded for your future.
When a few people try to control land and resources and means of production and distribution and thereby mismanage or rather use and abuse human power and resources then needs of people cannot be met and when that happens people end up reacting to this in a terrible way. When some people try to destroy lives of others then they end up taking revenge for that and so whole communities end up destroyed. The Quran is full of stories about past generations of humanity and historical records back it up. So there is plenty to learn from if people educate themselves about things.
36) In order to avoid such unnecessary bloodshed and chaos by sudden outbreak of violence and upheavals by one party against the other it is prerequisite in sight of Allah that sound understanding of things must be allowed to prevail massively among mankind for a developed exemplary human community to come about according to the book of Allah, since the day humanity became divided into people in positions of power and down trodden masses and masses remained ignorant thereby stagnant and ended up in regression, progress and prosperity of mankind became restricted and strangled. That is the way mankind lived therefore do not keep your people in the same situation of painful suffering by keep going along the same path instead campaign against those who take for rulers other than Allah thereby follow ways of life other than the one advised by Allah altogether just as they campaign against you as a team. Moreover let it be known that Allah is with those who work for the well being of the mankind.
The verses in the Quran as already explained have complimentary layers of meanings so this verse is also about physical differences in humanity and the way people exploited those differences and the end results of those exploitations and the reason why Allah created those differences and what he expects people to do in order to have a blissful, dignified and secure existence. It has been explained already that there are two ways people can live their lives ie compete against each other and be rivals and enemies of each other or be a brotherhood and remove difficulties in the way of each other. In other words people can live as rivals or as helpers of each other. One way of life leads to one person winning and other losing or both losing and the other way of life leads to both people winning. It is a matter of living for the well being of each other or living for making life of each other hell.
37) Surely ignoring this advice causes increase in acts of revengefulness among people about which are in confusion those who oppose rule based upon Our guidance due to their arrogance that even though they hold it binding in some aspects sometimes, they ignore it in other respects at other times, so that that way they could create a situation that is consistent with their harmful and destructive ambitions and that is how they make lawful what is forbidden by Allah. Their suchlike harmful courses of actions seemingly give them advantage over each other that is why guidance of Allah guides not a people who instead of learning and understanding His program reject and oppose it.
The Quran is clearly calling on mankind to not to be ignorant fools to be trapped by scheming dominant people ie rulers, priests and moneylenders etc instead learn things and become educated through helping each other and stay alert and expose them what they stand for and campaign against their plots and conspiracies against masses as a team and save mankind from painful suffering. It is precisely because masses are not bothered with educating themselves and each other and getting up and rising up for their right to live blissful, dignified and secure life that dominant people use and abuse them. Here the Quran explains why it opposes other way of life people invent and adopt because they try to take undue advantage of each other using those ways of life and make the world a place like hell for a huge number of people in this world. The dominant people exploit the rest by making laws themselves for their own advantage and then make everyone follow those unjust and unfair laws that oppress and suppress mankind. A clear condemnation of so called shariah laws invented by mullahs on behest of rulers and money lenders. It is this very reason that mullahs of Bani Israel are condemned by the Quran. So Muslims who think mullahs know Islam taught by the Quran properly cannot be more far away from the actual truth about mullahs and their Islams. It has been explained already what Islamic law exactly is and how it is decided and brought about by ummah not any mullah on his own through any ruler.
38) O you who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind! What is the matter with you that when you are asked to march forth for bring about the way life advised by Allah for the well being of mankind some of you cling to the ground? Are you becoming complacent to the terrible standard of life that you have at present for yourselves instead of trying to change it for the best in the hope of best future? If so even the little comfort you have will not last for very long because harmful ways of life will keep on spreading through these people if you sit idle and that will render your works you have already done to nothing and if you are already too late then any effort you make will be useless once you are fully trapped. Behold! Comfort in your life as your life is will prove short lived as compared to the life you can bring about for your future so letting that opportunity slip is not going to be anything great for you.
Here the Quran is telling people, it is not enough to declare commitment to the divine cause rather one must prove oneself true to the cause by acting for it and in time ie one has to prove one’s words by one’s deeds by fulfilling the goals according to provided guidelines. Actions must speak louder than words. You deem an objective good after clearly understanding it then why hesitate in supporting it by action so that it is accomplished as well? You want better life then work for it. It is not going to come about all by itself. God only helps those who help themselves as well. Sitting on prayer mat asking God to serve you is very disrespectful if one comes to think of it. God is like a good parent who gives advice to his children but it is up to children to live their lives successfully by working hard for that. Where is sense in turning round and telling your parent, go on you do the work as well I am going to sit idle or do other things that make things worse. This is disrespectful both for parents as parents and children as children. It shows one has no self respect and no respect for others. God tells people, he does not change condition of a people if they do not play their part in it. Part of God is to provide mankind the plan and things needed for it and part of mankind is to work on that plan and erect the community building in a place ie bring about the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah.
39) Still if you do not see need for marching forth with the message for the well being of mankind then He will let you remain in your painful suffering as per His set-up systems and laws so in time He will find you replaced by another people because you cannot find any disruption in His setup systems and laws, for Allah has set-up universal systems and laws for disposing off all affairs about everything.
Here those who declare their commitment to divine cause are clearly warned that if they want results they must act for getting those results. God cannot be persuaded by praises or crying or condemnations. He has setup systems and laws and those who will do things according to that setup will get the results. It is same in any legal battle that if you do not fight your case you do not win no matter how much you praise the judge. Also God could not please everyone any way because all people have opponents and each side will be asking God for help so how can God help both people fighting against each other? This is why it is all system based and law based and if anyone uses the set-up systems according to their law then one will get the results accordingly. No prayers required. A prayer is more of a personal wish and to turn it into a reality one has to rely on systems and laws setup by God for running the universe and all its affairs. A call on God is all about refreshing the covenant or promise with God that you will live as explained by God so that mankind have united, peaceful, progressive and prosperous life.
40) It is unlike of you the people to not to support Our messenger because you know full well that he is supported by Allah for His mission. Call to mind the time when the opponents of his mission drove him out of his township and they were just two men at the time but look at your numbers now, the while they were in the cave during migration the second of the two said to his companion, worry not because Allah is with us. At length Allah fulfilled His word that was sent to him and in due course strengthened him with forces which you could not imagine at that time and that is how We rendered the influence based on arrogance of those who opposed rule based upon Our guidance ineffective because program of Allah is supreme and Allah is mighty wise ruler of this kingdom of the universe.
41) So march forth regardless equipped lightly or heavily and campaign for the establishment of rule based upon guidance of Allah in the world using whatever you have along with your personnel. That will ensure your well being for you indeed if you will bother to understand it and implement it.
42) As for the evaders of the campaign, had this been a short journey for the trade with vast personal gains then they would have certainly accompanied you but this journey for the mission of Allah seems too far and too hard for them to undertake. To justify their evasion they even call Allah to be their witness saying, if we were able to then we will have certainly marched with you. That is how they try to defeat the very purpose of existence of the community by not supporting their people in accomplishing their mission but Allah makes obvious through results of their own actions that they are inconsistent with their declaration of commitment to His mission.
43) Allah has granted you success in campaign without support of such people but why did you let them stay behind? It was better if you had not because it could become clear to you which of them declared their commitment to the mission indeed and which of them did not so they invented false excuses to be exempted from the campaign for the mission.
44) Surely those who are really committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to program, constitution and law of Allah for the better future of mankind, never ask you for exemption through false excuses from going on a missionary campaign with whatever they have along with their personnel. Thus Allah makes obvious those who are consistent with His mission for the well being of mankind.
45) Only those people ask for exemption through false excuses who are not really committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to program, constitution and law of Allah for the better future of mankind because their minds are filled with confusion about the success of the mission due to their remaining ignorant about it so they have no solid reason to support the mission.
These verses explain some very important points that people need to have some solid reason to do anything at all or to support any cause and unless one familiarises oneself with an objective and the need for it one cannot make up one’s mind whether one should fight for a cause or not. A very strong refutation of mullahs who tell ummah, to use brain about matters concerning Quran is not allowed in Islam because Islam is just a matter of personal faith and following what mullahs tell people to do. The truth is Quran does not accept such people as true human beings who do not use their brains to learn sense and understand things properly, so how can such people be accepted as truly committed to cause of Islam or mission of God? The Quran wants people to equip themselves with proper knowledge of things to begin with or what is the point of God sending the Quran? After all it is book and books are for educating people and the Quran educates mankind about the mission that Allah has appointed for mankind.
46) Had they really intended to march forth with you then they would have certainly made some preparations for it but they did not, that is how Allah exposes them as not fit to go forth for His mission and instead He let them sit idle at home so they were told, stay at home along with those who stay behind.
47) Had they gone with you they would have added nothing but mischief and they would have made efforts to create disorder among your ranks and there would have been some among you who would have listened to them. This is how Allah exposes those who still work against His mission.
48) Indeed they had plotted sedition before and created disturbance to make you unsuccessful until the truth became manifest and the plan of Allah prevailed even though they worked against it.
The more people try to undermine the mission of Allah the more it succeeds in ways people cannot think about to put a stop to them.
49) Among these people there is such a party that says, grant me exemption and put me not through trouble of learning and spreading the message of the Quran. Have they not fallen into trouble already by avoiding learning the Quran and the campaign against harmful and destructive forces? Surely painful suffering encircles those who ignore and oppose rule of Allah because letting ignorance and arrogance based harm and destruction have its way cannot lead to unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
Here people are told not to let ignorant, arrogant, harmful and destructive elements in human community succeed or community will live to regret it.
50) If you gain any success in your campaign, it grieves them but if you face hardship or suffer any setback they say, we already knew this outcome of the campaign so they go back to their homes rejoicing.
51) Tell them, we do not expect any outcome for our campaign other than what Allah has planned for us according to His universal systems and laws. He is our supporter so in universal systems and laws of Allah should put their trust those who really commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
52) Say, how can you therefore expect any outcome for our campaign other than either of the two beautiful states, the state of struggling for installation of rule based upon guidance of Allah for betterment of humanity or state of its maintenance once it is fully in place? That is why we expect for you according to setup universal systems and laws of Allah a terrible life as results of your own thoughts and actions against each other or against us. So wait if you will we too are waiting for things to happen in due course to see who proves right in this regard in the end.
These verses make clear that whenever there is a divide between people, it is always based on some intended goal or expectation of each group of people as to what they want or how they want it. As struggle begins between the groups, things take time and ultimately one of the sides is proven right in what it stood for. Here we have two groups of people one clear in its mind about deen of Islam and other confused. The group with clear mind knows what it is fighting for and what will be the outcome of this struggle but confused group is here, there and everywhere ie has no real goal and expectation but a false hope that these people fail in their campaign. The human society at any given time is reflection of mindsets, attitudes and behaviours of its members because it is the resultant outcome of their participation in their world. Some people play active roles in various causes and others sit idle and yet others oppose those who are active for their goals and all this keeps society going in the direction the resultant end result takes it. In other words God has created this world, setup the systems and laws in it and left it to mankind to understand and make use of it. This needs self awareness before anything else then awareness of the universal realities and then making sense of all this in divine scheme of things so that we could make proper use of things for our own betterment or development and prosperity. It means even though we are born ignorant we cannot afford to remain ignorant if we want to know and open up our full potential. So people who sit idle cannot make any meaningful contributions to society. Not only that it is also very damaging if people deliberately keep each other ignorant and out of participation in society because this way people fail to contribute to betterment of human society so it loses its manpower for nothing. For example, if men keep women locked up then 50% of human power is gone and that will reflect badly on human development and the same will happen if powerful people locked up weak people in the community. Likewise will be the result if people were set up against each other on basis of all sorts of wrong foundations eg on basis of state and religion, rich and poor, class and caste, race and sexual orientation etc etc. Each negativity based division between mankind only dissipates time and energy of mankind which could have been spent for the betterment of mankind. This is why as time goes on human participation in this world leaves behind a trace as to where it was and where it is now and has it done better or worse for itself. This should help people plan their future participation better. The world we are given to live in is like a car, if we will know it properly then we will use it properly and benefit from it but if we will not bother to know it then we will end up using it abusively or fail to maintain it properly so it will give us troubles.
53) Say, regardless you participate in community during time of ease or in time of difficulty your participation is not for well being of the proper human community based upon guidance of Allah because you are such a people who work against program, constitution and law of Allah for personal gains at the expense of community life and thereby create divisions in the community.
54) This is why their participation is not acceptable to Allah and the proper human community because they participate to oppose program, constitution and law of Allah through His messenger by showing reluctance for working for establishing the community network so they participate or contribute in that cause reluctantly as if they are forced to take part in there.
In is generally true of people that they participate happily for what they think is right for themselves and show resistance when they have to take part in something they do not like. The concept of deen of Allah seems strange because it is against the natural way of life people are born and survive due to very limited sense they have. However people who have wider and deeper look at life they appreciate the way of life advised by Allah and once they do that they can give their all to this cause because they become aware that this way of life offers great life for mankind if it becomes successful.
55) For this reason let not be of any significance in your sight what they have or their following because Allah has setup the systems and law of consequences to reward such like people with painful suffering in the life as it is as a result of what they do to each other because they stay away from the campaign for His mission due to their ignorance and confusion and opposition to His program.
56) They call Allah to be their witness that they are indeed part of you the proper community based upon guidance of Allah but they are not part of you because they are a people of opposite mindset, attitude and behaviour due to their harmful and destructive ambitions and desires for personal gain at the expense of each other whereby they create division in the community.
In these verses it is made amply clear what a true Muslim community is, it is fully based on teachings of the Quran both in word and deed. The Quran here makes amply clear that mere declaration that I am a Muslim because I believe in one God and messengership of Muhammad is not enough. One must have community spirit and form a community if it is not already there and live for it. Anyone who claims to be a Muslim yet lives on basis of personal gains at the expense of Muslim community is not a Muslim. The true test of a Muslim is whether one lives for the betterment of others or uses others for betterment of oneself at their expense ie the Quran here tells about two different mindsets, attitudes and behaviours. One lives for others and the other uses and abuses others to get what one wants. This however does not mean that one should not want anything at all but that one should wish for the same what one wants for others and try to get it if one can and at the same time one must ask others to help to get it as a member of the ummah. Islam is all about people working together as a team and not that one works hard and others sit idle waiting for him to bring everything to them. That is use and abuse which Quran wants to get out of human community. This is why the world is created the way we see it working ie none gets anything unless one works for it or all work together and produce what they need and distribute it among themselves as explained already in detail. Each and every person must do all one can then all share everything they have managed to get with help of each other as per their needs and wants. Wealth creation by all for the benefit of all is the lesson of the Quran. Islam is all about proper management of people and resources. If one is not part of human community this way then there is no community and no Islam and no Muslim. No matter what people claim to be, it is ground reality that matters.
57) If they could find a place of refuge or a cave or any hiding place wherefrom they could take everything they desire under their control for personal power, they would have certainly run to it with an obstinate rush.
This verse exposes mentality of such people who want to control everyone and everything but at the same time want to remain safe from the consequences for doing that so that they could enjoy being gods of all. They have this urge to be masters of all but yet do not want to anticipate the thought themselves being slaves of others. The truth is people who do not want to be slaves of other people must give up the desire to be masters of others as well otherwise interaction will always lead to fights and wars due to conflict of interest between people with similar mindsets, attitudes and behaviours as well as those who do not want to be slaves nor masters of each other because they promote human brotherhood instead.
58) This is why people like these raise false allegation against people like you the community administration concerning the assignment and fulfilments of rights about the community provisions. If they are assigned rights and are delivered of the provisions they are well pleased even though they are already self sufficient and if they are not assigned rights to provisions or delivered provision because they do not need it then they are full of rage.
As explained already word SADAQAAT is from root SWAD, DAAL and QAAF. It means meeting of words and deeds. If you say, you are going to do something then go ahead and fulfil your word then you have spoken the truth otherwise you have lied or you have proven yourself a liar. The Quran promises fulfilment of its stated rights for people by people who claim to be implementers of the Quranic program. So if Quranic program is brought to life properly then people are bound to have the rights and that their rights are bound to be fulfilled if people who claim to follow the Quran wish to be proven truthful indeed. SADAQAAT does not mean charity for poor that is false interpretation because Islam does not allow such divisions instead it wants to remove such divisions from among mankind through promoting brotherhood among human beings. A family does not give charity to its own family members. It is below human dignity. Humanity has to bind itself in a brotherhood through helping each other while maintaining human dignity and self respect for individuals. All are created by God and all are told to do certain things by God because all are indebted by favours from God. Therefore any who contributes to human community is doing it both for God and his own betterment. It is because if humanity does better than all mankind benefit including the contributors to the mission. That is because if society is not stable and in peace then nothing can get done, infighting and wars only harm and destroy humanity. Peace is only possible if all people are peaceful and to help people stay peaceful all must work together as a team, which mean all must contribute whatever they can through their hard works to keep human community on the track to blissful, dignified and secure existence. In these verses it is made plan that as individuals come together and organise and start working towards the set out goals it is a transition period and things that are to be expected at the completion of various stages must not be demanded before time when the community has not yet reached the stages whereat it can meet those demands. If people start controversy over this during transitional period then they are either ignorant or troublemakers. Ignorant need educating and trouble makers need to be identified and dealt with appropriately or they will end up destroying the whole thing. These verses also make clear that Islamic state is a welfare state however it is not possible to cater for all needs of all people right from the start, so things should be taken in steps and stages in stages. As state becomes more and more organised and manages its people and resources better and better, things will start easing after a while so all will have to endure hardship equally till state becomes self reliant and is then able to take on more and more responsibilities for looking after its citizens better and better. It matters not how bad the situation is at the beginning if there are enough hard working knowledgeable people in the community and they have enough land for resources then there is sufficient chance for its success. This will increase with time if community keeps up with missionary work properly because more and more communities will join in and more and more land and resources will become available through them and if the whole process is managed sensibly then state will go from strength to strength.
59) It will have been beneficial for them if they were consistent with what Allah had assigned for them as their proper right through His messenger and had said, rule based upon guidance of Allah will soon make us self sufficient because soon Allah will complete His program for our prosperity through His messenger. Indeed therefore to revelation of Allah we turn in that hope.
These verses expose what greedy people do and why ie they try to create troubles in community to break it up into fragments because they want to secure their position as leaders and once they get that then they gradually move into position to try and control land and resources and production and distribution because they know when they have succeeded in doing that then people cannot escape their trap. Because these people know that right to livelihood is very important for people so they try to tell them your rights are taken away from you in order to cause trouble through misinformation. Ignorant people follow their lead and cause trouble but people who have knowledge know what they are really up to. This is why Muslims cannot afford to be ignorant and stupid because then others who are cleverer than them can exploit their lack of knowledge about things. This is why one has to ask, why the Quran was revealed and why it was spread as a divine manifesto and used by people who came together as a constitution for their community and why its guidelines were used to help form laws for regulating the community? It was about educating people about everything necessary for them so that they could be good citizens of a kingdom based upon guidance of Allah that was to be brought about. Stupid people cannot build nations nor can they maintain them. So thinking that Islam is just a religion like any other is very silly indeed. It is a governing system for a state wherein a people live as united, peaceful, progressive and prosperous community.
60) Surely fulfilment of the assigned rights of those with needs and wants in the kingdom based upon Our guidance is an obligation by Allah upon their kingdom administrators to the point of satisfaction of their minds through feedback monitoring systems of institutions such as set the standards for various offices according to the program, constitution and law of Allah even when the kingdom, its administration and its community is going through process of transition for the betterment of all involved. This is a constitutional obligation from Allah and that is how Allah makes evident that His rule is based upon wisdom.
Word AAMILEEN is from root AIN, MEEM and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is act. It depends on whether this root is used as a verb-fail, as a subject-faail or as an object-mafool. In this verse it is used as a subject in plural third person form, so it is about people who are responsible for distribution of assigned provisions to those who have right to have them from the administration of the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah. An irrefutable proof that Islam is a DEEN, not a MAZHAB.
Word RIQAAB is from root RAA, QAAF and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is keeping an eye on something or standing guard on something so that if something goes wrong it is detected right away and action is taken to put it right. This is why same root also means check post, monitoring tower, slave, prisoner of war, a person held by his neck, held in bond, to pay attention to something, stand in awe of something, keep in line with something or a reference point etc etc. In this verse this word is used for monitoring system of the community to ensure people are getting what they need as much as the state can deliver so that none is left without things of need by mistake of the state administration. This system also helps state see what else it may need to do to improve community life. It is a feedback system involving various ideas eg public complaining or demanding. Also administration people going out to find things out what else people need or want and what the administration people need to do to meet those needs and demands of public.
Word GHARIMEEN is from word GHAIN, RAA and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is burden or weight. The same root means responsibility, indebted, torment, be in pain for love, rival, opponent, a person who gets in debt for helping others, a person who gets in trouble for helping others, anyone who works hard to ensure well being of others etc etc.
These verses are clear indications of what a kingdom based upon guidance of Allah ought to be like, what its administration is supposed to be doing about its people and its resources and what its people are supposed to be doing. There is no free lunch in the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah, because it is based on principle of all working hard as a team to make ends meet as a family to share the burden of community so that none of them is under excessive pressure that reaches the threshold which could lead any of them to depression and total breakdown. Work load if shared sensibly by a team then even its weak members can be of great help and get by. On the contrary rivalries and animosities and hatred etc between people could cause breakdown even of very strong people because they are under much more excessive burden from each other than they really need to be. No doubt all human beings need to do whatever they are capable of but if it is done through helping each other then more could be accomplished than if it is done by undercutting each other and undermining each other. In that case a lot of time and energy is wasted in beating each other to throw each other out of the game. When win, win situation is possible and can work better then why must people follow win lose idea or lose, lose idea? Is it because people love putting each other through painful suffering then why shed crocodile tears? In that case why condemn each other when people hurt and kill each other because we should accept the results of what we do to each other? If not, why not?
61) Despite his doing all this for the community there are still some ungrateful people among them who try to damage the prophetic mission by saying, he lends his ears to everyone. Say, it is all for your well being that he listens to all of you for what you have to say because he then does what benefits you the whole community as He is committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of humanity according to program, constitution and law of Allah so he is committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of those also who themselves are committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of those who are committed to working for unity, peace and prosperity of humanity from among you. As for those who try to inflict damage upon the mission of the messenger, they will end up in painful suffering if they stop not and reform themselves.
It is a very sad state in which humanity is that it does not appreciate things that it ought to appreciate because they could lead it to blissful, dignified and secure existence. Most people are rather happy supporting corruption and terrible state of existence whereby they are tearing each other apart like wolves. The same they did with divine messengers that instead of supporting them they back stabbed them every now and again and tried to bring down whatever they tried to build for them. This verse warns people that if you do not stop this mindset, attitude and behaviour then you yourselves could end up back in state that you were in before the coming of this message and this messenger and it were you people yourselves who asked for guidance to get out of trouble that you were in. Now that he is trying to bring you out of it you want to fall back in there.
62) They assure you the Muslim community in the name of Allah in order to regain your trust but the proper thing to do for them was to support implementation of the program, constitution and law of Allah along with His messenger if they were truly committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
63) Don’t they know that any people who oppose guidance of Allah by opposing His messenger are bound to end up in life of painful suffering for as long as they live unless they stop doing so and reform? That surely is the worst humiliation that such people bring upon themselves.
64) These hypocrites the evaders of community responsibilities are afraid lest a Surah is sent about them revealing to Muslim community what is really in their minds. Say, fool about if you will but Allah is to bring to light all that you are trying to hide in due course through your own actions.
In the Quran there are plenty of verses talking about hypocrites but the question is, what does the Quran mean by hypocrites? It is people who do not accept Islam as a deen from Allah but they are ok with it as a dogmatic creed and set of useless rituals. That is what people did in the past communities ie they divided people on basis of state and religion. These people who are hypocrites are dominant people of society because they believe in personal power and wealth ideology and not in community spirit. Such people only turned Muslims by name because rest of their people accepted Islam as a deen because their previous community divisions led them to terrible life from which they wanted to escape and come out for the better. These people who had good life by making others their slaves and keeping them that way want to turn the clock back. This is why they are at it every now and then and don’t miss opportunities for trying to derail Muslims from their proper path. This is why their interference in prophetic mission is a very serious matter indeed. If these people have external support as well then one can imagine what these people can do together to the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah and that is what they did after the prophet passed away within 1st century. As Islam expanded rapidly Muslims were left dumb founded because they were swamped by the incoming communities as they could not educate them properly and people within Muslim community were already waiting for chance to bring back their old way of life so all this played a big role in bringing the prophet built kingdom based upon guidance of Allah down.
65) If you questioned them as to what are they up to? They will say, we are just discussing things to pass time. Say, are you taking program of Allah and His set goals and guidelines through His messenger for a joke as you do not go forth on a campaign for their accomplishment?
66) Make no excuses you have committed yourselves to opposing guidance of Allah after declaring your commitment to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind. Even if we Muslims accept repentance and reformation of some of you, we will punish others of you due to their harmful and destructive actions because they are such criminals who refused to repent truly and truly reform.
In any community it is very tricky to handle conspirators because some people truly become their supporters from within the community who lack in information and its proper understanding and this creates a situation of civil war. It is particularly difficult thing to handle the while community is going through transitional stages and these people also have external links that support them to bring down their community setup, systems and structures etc. If a people already have internal fights then people from other communities get discouraged from becoming part of the new community.
67) The leading hypocrites and their hypocrite following back each other. They promote what is harmful and destructive for the proper human community and discourage from doing what is beneficial and constructive for the proper human community that is how they make moves to take things into their control. They ignore guidance of Allah so He lets them ignore it and face the consequences because hypocrites do things against the program and plan of Allah whereby they try to break up the proper human community based upon guidance of Allah.
68) It is promise of Allah to the leading hypocrites and their followings as well as to the open opponents of His guidance that they are bound to end up in fire of hatred and remain therein which they have ignited themselves for as long as they will live as a result of their own thoughts and actions unless they repent and reform. Allah lets them move away from His blissful, dignifying and secure existence providing program as they choose therefore they are bound to suffer the terrible pain that lasts unless they repent and reform,
69) just like leaders who ruined themselves and their people before you because they were even mightier oppressors of their people than you people are for having much more personal wealth and children at the expense of their masses. That is how they enjoyed their participation in the world and you are enjoying your participation in the world just like the people before you enjoyed their participation in the world, so you participate in the world just like they did. Such are the people whose works are of no benefit for mankind in this world nor in the world to come and that is why people such as these end up in utter loss.
If we know human history the generations of people long gone had leaders with more power over their people because they had absolute authority over them eg absolute monarchy. The rule was based upon dynastic politics and economies were all centred around kings and their noblemen. This is not the situation today because no single person is as powerful today as some individuals used to be but use and abuse of masses continues due to rulers, mullahs and money lenders.
70) Have they not heard the news about those who have gone before them? The people of Noah, Ad and Thamud, the people of Abraham, people of Madyan and the like cities that adopted the personal gains based way of life at the expense of each other that turned them upside down through upheavals and civil wars. Their messengers came to them with clear goals and guidelines warning them against their adopted ways of life, that is how Allah tried helping them to prevent them from harming and destroying each other but instead of benefitting from the advice of Allah they rejected and opposed it and that is why they continued harming their own people so much so that they ended up destroyed through atrocities against each other.
Word MOTAFIKAAT is from root ALIF, FAA and KAAF. Concrete meaning of this root is something that does not fulfil the purpose it is put in place for. Also falsehood, lie, deception, to turn upside down, to change things in some way, to turn away, to accuse falsely, to dissuade, to make a move to deceive, to beguile, to persuade someone away from something, to persuade someone to not to do something, to turn someone away from something through persuasion, to snare, to trap, to fabricate, to fake, to pretend, to feign, to trick someone away from something, to slander, to overthrow, to subvert, the cities that turned upside down, to ruin through falsehood, to destroy through deception, the inventors of lies etc etc. In the Quranic context this word is used here for invented way of life against the way of life advised by Allah by adopting which people end up ruined through infighting due to rivalries and animosities.
71) This is why the managers of communities committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind and the managed communities committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind are supporters of one another as a proper human community based upon guidance of Allah. They promote what is beneficial and constructive for human community and discourage what is harmful and destructive for human community and that is why they struggle for establishing and maintaining community network for attaining freedom from all ills in the human community and that is how they keep themselves consistent with guidance of Allah through His messenger. Such are the people through whom comes unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind that is promised by Allah, surely Allah is mighty wise ruler of this kingdom of the universe.
72) Allah has promised the managers of the communities committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind and the managed communities committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind blissful, dignifying and life securing kingdoms in which flow rivers of all they will need and desire to abide therein for as long as they will live by rule based upon guidance of Allah, and they will have beautiful mansions in these blissful kingdoms full of all kinds of raw materials. They will achieve all this due to faithfully following the guidance of Allah, the great and that will be the grand achievement for them.
73) Therefore O you the prophet! Strive hard using the Quran with utmost effort for convincing those who oppose rule based upon Our guidance openly as well as those who oppose rule based upon Our guidance secretly through conspiracies and be steadfast in this struggle against them making clear to them that painful suffering is their destiny and therein they will remain unless they repent and reform and that is the worst of states of existence to be in.
These verses make it amply clear what jihad means in the context of the Quran. A very hard and constant struggle for educating mankind as to how they should live properly in this world with help of the Quran. Of course fighting with sword is not ruled out against those who stop followers of the Quran from delivering its actual message faithfully for trying to educate people out of all sorts of ignorance and troubles. Unfortunately ummah is lost itself today and has no idea how to come out of its confusion looking for saviours after the prophethood and the revelation has come to an end, so how can it deliver the message of the Quran to others effectively? That is why if Muslims want to regain their status as true followers of the message of the Quran then first they need to turn to the Quran themselves for its proper understanding and then take on its mission of teaching it to others and see the result. Preaching make beliefs and useless rituals as Islam is never going to educate people therefore bring ummah out of its ignorance and troubles nor anyone else. If anything it is going to ruin ummah yet more and others will have to wait for the message of Allah or make their own efforts to get it and educate Muslims as well. That may be possible if Muslims are no longer able to make any worthwhile effort towards bringing about a beautiful world. The point made in these verses is that just as it is important for Muslims to get to know the message and implement it so it is important for their opponents to get to know the message because the world cannot become a beautiful place unless all people who live in it join together on this basis. If some people do not want a beautiful world for themselves then they can isolate themselves but they cannot be allowed to make the life of rest of humanity hell, so fight can only be avoided between people if they accept each other otherwise fight to the end is inevitable. So jihad must go on till opposition to guidance of Allah is no more and all people have blissful, dignified and secure existence as explained by the Quran itself for those who have learned how to be wise and proper human beings.
74) They call upon Allah to be their witness to assure you that they said and did nothing against the struggle for kingdom based upon guidance of Allah but they said and did things in opposition to struggle for kingdom based upon guidance of Allah after their declaration of commitment to struggle for bringing about a peaceful kingdom because they thought of a plot which they were unable to carry out. They had no reason to be revengeful instead they had every reason to appreciate that Allah through His messenger has enriched them by His revelation based unity, peace, progress and prosperity. So if they repent and reform it will be better for them but if they turn back to their old ways of life then Allah will let them fall in painful suffering from start of their journey to its finish and they will have none in the world to support and protect them.
These verses are a very powerful message for all who declare their commitment to struggle for success of the prophetic mission. It is not just a matter of declaring their commitment in words to the cause and doing nothing to make it an actual reality. As explained already, the first leg of the mission is bringing about a proper human community and then creating and maintaining a kingdom based upon guidance of Allah. Anything else follows that. Today people who claim to be committed to the mission of the Quran can see for themselves how far they have progressed in the direction told by the Quran or how far they have distanced themselves from it. This should leave none in doubt whether one has worked for what one says one believes in or not. Islam is a deen appointed by Allah and not a make belief and useless ritualism based religion. It is because rulers, mullahs and money lenders have derailed Muslims due to their becoming and remaining an ignorant people that the whole ummah is clearly in serious troubles. So if people want to get out of all these troubles then people must turn to the Quran and try to understand its actual message clearly and then act upon it faithfully as individuals to become a proper human community once more and then stay that way. The lesson here is that once one declares his commitment to the struggle for the fulfilment of the mission appointed by Allah then there is no point in being in many minds and doubts and saying and doing things against the mission even in desperation. It is because half hearted struggles never succeed so one has to be willing to give the cause his all.
75) There are some among them who made a promise with Allah saying, if He bestows us with His provision in abundance then we will surely use it for the well being of others and thereby become truly of those who truly work hard for unity and peace between people by removing rifts from between them,
76) but when He did bestow of His bounty upon them they became stingy and turned back on their promise and became evasive instead.
77) That is how He found hypocrisy taking roots in their minds, which showed through their attitudes and behaviours instead of what they declared so this hypocrisy will last in them till the day they meet His set out consequences for it because they breached their commitment to goals and guidelines of Allah whereby they denied rights to provisions of Allah for others.
78) Did it not dawn upon them that Allah makes their secret motives and their secret counsels obvious through results of their own actions in due course because Allah makes obvious in due course all that is hidden from them?
79) It is they who falsely accuse for mismanagement those who are part of the management of community and resources of those who are committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind for delivery of provisions to them as their right and that is how they throw ridicule at those who offer their services for the benefit of the proper human community upon Our guidance. Soon Allah will show them results of their ignorance and arrogance based accusations and ridicules because in due course their this mindset, attitude and behaviour is bound to land them in painful suffering.
80) Therefore it is the same whether you assign them with rights to provision for their security and satisfaction or not they will continue doing what they do. Even if you assigned them with rights to manifold more provision yet Allah does not find them feeling secure and protected under His program, constitution and law. That is because they oppose the rule based upon guidance of Allah as revealed to His messenger. So guidance of Allah does not guide such people to blissful, dignified and secure existence who do not learn and implement His program and instead work against it.
Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:35 PM
81) Happy they were in their opposition and in their sitting idle at home against the call of the messenger of Allah for putting up a powerful and constant struggle for the fulfilment of the mission because they hated joining in the struggle using whatever they had and their personnel for the mission of Allah. Moreover they say to each other, do not join this struggle due to the hard work and hardship it involves. Let them know that the hard work for personal gains at the expense of each other and the hardship that comes about as a result of it makes life even more hell due to fire of hatred between people from which they are being saved but only if they could realise it.
82) Let them not be too happy about it because they have a lot to cry about as a result of what they did to their community by staying away from the struggle for implementation of the program of Allah in order to accomplish His set goals for them according to His provided guidelines.
83) As of now if Allah brings you among them again to set out on another mission and any of them asks for your consent to go forth on a campaign say, you are not allowed to accompany me anymore nor fight an enemy in my company. You chose to sit idle at home the last time therefore you can sit idle this time as well along with those who stay at home ignoring my call.
84) Moreover you should never support any of these people who are heading for their self destruction as a result of their own course of actions nor ever accept their ideological foundation because they oppose guidance of Allah through His messenger whereby they cut themselves off from the proper human community because they are a people who cause fractures in the community through causing frictions between people.
85) So let not be of any significance in your sight what they have or their following because Allah has set the law of consequences to reward them with painful suffering due to their own thoughts and actions in this very life as they are cutting themselves off from this community because they are still keeping themselves confused therefore they oppose the guidance of Allah.
86) All this because when a Surah is revealed by Allah telling people to commit to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to program, constitution and law of Allah and strive hard along with His messenger to spread the message, the leading people from among them say, leave us with those who are to stay at home.
87) They choose to be with those who stay behind as a result of resistance they have developed in their minds against working for the well being of the human community and they show this by avoiding learning for proper understanding of benefits for striving hard for establishing the rule based upon guidance of Allah.
88) On the other hand the messenger and those who are committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind along with him strive with whatever they have and their personnel. They are the ones who will end up with benefits and they are the ones who will be successful in their struggle for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
89) Allah has prepared for them a roadmap to land them in blissful, dignified and secure life providing kingdoms in which flow rivers of all things of their need and desire wherein they will abide for as long as they deserve and that will be a worthy grand achievement for them.
This surah leaves one in no doubt at all as to what the Quran is all about and what its actual message is for the humanity as a whole. It is mainly about struggle for learning and doing things to make this world a beautiful place for mankind with help of guidance of creator and sustainer of the world. Education is necessary for eliminating ignorance about things so that people could stop living the ways that harm and destroy them by hands of each other. It is also about creativity that helps people turn this world into a blissful, dignifying and secure existence place for mankind.
90) Just like them some from among the desert Arabs also came with their excuses begging for exemption from partaking in the campaign to stay behind, that is how those who make false declaration of commitment to program of Allah through His messenger sit idle and contradict their words by their deeds. Soon a painful suffering will seize those of them who actually oppose Our program instead of supporting it.
91) Surely there is no blame - on the old, the disabled and the sick or those lacking the ways and means - for staying behind so long as they stand for the implementation of the program of Allah with His messenger. There is also no blame for staying behind on such as are truly committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind and work for it within their own capacity within their own assigned places because Allah is protector of such through His revealed blissful guidance.
There is no blame for not going on a campaigns for spreading the message of Allah on those already working in their offices or stations in their capacity serving the community already nor on those who are in some way not capable of being a part of campaigning force due to being unfit or community not being able to use them yet due to being at an early stage of the campaign. However, campaign is of vital importance because without it message of Allah cannot be spread nor effectively. It is top duty of ummah to make sure there is always a group of people set aside for this purpose alone that is capable of delivering the message of the Quran effectively. The people who are supposed to be part of this group have to be fit people because it is highly demanding task that needs people who have brains and awareness of things so that they can educate people about the message of the Quran properly. It is because when anyone is going to be told about the message of the Quran there are going to be questions by people that will need to be answered properly. People lacking in self awareness or awareness about the real world realities and ill prepared regarding the message of the Quran will only end up exposing themselves as ignorant fools and drive people away from deen of Islam instead of bringing them to it. This is why the first thing needed for campaign is effective message delivery in the first place so that people end up accepting the message of the Quran and join the ummah. Of course when that happens those who will lose free labour will come after Muslims and these people in order to put a stop this carry on and then another group of people will be needed that is fully capable of defending the ummah by force of arms. Masses once become educated will not be able to refuse acceptance of the message of the Quran but they will be stopped by their rulers, priests and money lenders using all means at their disposal and if help is not there to save them from these vultures and wolves then these people will become victims of their terrible atrocities so ummah will end up suffering greatly as a result of ill preparation. This is why all messengers of Allah had to prepared two wings in the community for this purpose ie the deliverers of the message and the fighting force. There was never random preaching and fighting under any messenger because they came to bring about an effective ummah that was based upon guidance of Allah and that is why they were able to bring about exemplary kingdoms based upon guidance of Allah. In short ummah is not a random crowd of useless people having no sense what they doing and what for. Ummah is a proper human community based upon guidance of Allah that is fully organised and regulated human community. Looking at things from the Quran perspective in the so called Muslim ummah today, one cannot find much right in there and people are trying to make things worse than they already are in the name of Allah, his book and his messenger. So time for individuals to think about things as to what they believe and do and call it Islam and what is the outcome of that for themselves and others. Ummah is only a name nowadays with very little unity, peace, progress and prosperity so those who claim to be Muslims must be doing something very, very seriously wrong otherwise this ummah could not be expected to be in such terrible state of existence. Of course, ummah can start waking up and becoming what it is supposed to be in light of the Quran but someone will have to start somewhere to wake people up and help them see what the actual message of the Quran is. People have become infected with disease of make beliefs and useless rituals and claim to be best of the people while lying in the dust like drug addicts living in their own little world in their own heads having little sense about themselves, real world realities and the message of the Quran. So there is a lot of ground to be covered even if people wake up today and start getting on with what they are supposed to doing.
92) Likewise is the case of those who came to you the messenger and the community requesting the conveyance and you said, I am unable to provide you the conveyance and they returned home with their eyes streaming with tears because they were filled with sorrow that they had no resources for going along with you on a campaign for the mission.
93) The blame is only on those who begged for exemption although they are a people of means and physically fit so they had no excuse to remain behind yet they chose to be with those who remained at home because Allah found them with resistance in their minds against doing things that could benefit their own community as they bother not to learn what is really of benefit for them to do.
These verses expose fully people with certain mindset, attitude and behaviour ie those who only do things for their personal gain at the expense of community. This is major sign of hypocrisy. Today, all Muslims live for themselves as individuals having no sense of community due to accepting ruler of man over man in form of rulers, mullahs and money lenders. If people want to be an ummah then they must rid themselves of rule of man over man and all the rest of evils that come with it and adopt the way of life told by the Quran as explained already in detail.
94) They will apologize to you when you come back to them after the campaign. Say, apologize not now because we will not accept it of you as Allah has already informed us about your affairs. That is why Allah and His messenger will see how you conduct yourselves in the future therefore you are directed to guidance of Allah Who makes known in the future results of peoples’ present actions and that is why He informs you as to what you ought to be doing for your better future.
95) They will swear to you by Allah when you return to them in order to assure you about their loyalty and support so that you may let them off the hook. Therefore leave them on their own because their heads are filled with opposition against rule based upon guidance of Allah therefore agonising has to be their state of existence as the fitting consequence for their harmful and destructive thoughts and actions.
96) They will swear to you under oath in order to assure you so that they are accepted back into the community by you the community but even if you do accept them back Allah will never approve of such tricksters who promised to work for the implementation of rule based upon guidance of Allah but actually did nothing to fulfil their this declared commitment.
97) Some of the desert Arabs are worse in opposing and conspiring against the installation of program, constitution and law of Allah because they are least inclined to learning and abiding by the set limits that Allah has revealed through His messenger whereby Allah makes it obvious that He rules the kingdom through wisdom.
Despite Allah assuring mankind that he rules his kingdom wisely, people still do not accept the truth and so they rather live by rule of their own as it suits them and face the consequences. One can therefore see what this surah is all about ie Allah let mankind know the best way to live their lives but they are not interested, so Allah is saying have it your way and see what you end up with because that is what you choose for yourselves. That is how people set themselves against each other and end up doing to each other terrible things and put the blame on their creator and sustainer. The message of Allah is very clear but people are not bothered with learning and knowing things for themselves for sure.
98) It is due to their ignorance based arrogance that some of the desert Arabs look upon the assigned community responsibility in form of community revenue as a penalty and wait for some misfortune to befall you. Misfortune can strike them due to their such mindset, attitude and behaviour if they do not repent and reform through learning and doing what is required of them, that is why Allah makes obvious for mankind to learn and do what they must learn and do through His advice because He is comprehensive in His knowledge of things.
Another very important point raised in these verses is that there is no community if people are unwilling to contribute for the well being of each other. What kind of parenting is that which does not take responsibility of raising its kids properly? What kind of community is that which does not care what happens to its members? However if you do decide to become a community then you have to be willing to take on the burden of community life and community has to be willing to take on burden of its members. It is a two way process and that is why word UMMAH must be paid full attention. It is root from which come word UMMI-mother of nation as well as word IMAAM-father of nation. Just as parents need to work hard for raising their children and children work hard to lookafter their parents so nation is mother and father of individuals and individuals are children of UMMAH. Each must work hard in order to ensure the other is fine. If each worked to harm or destroy other then it will not take long before human race becomes extinct as a species. There is no guaranty the last man will live because he too could be killed by diseases present in the environment. So there is no sense in rivalries and animosities and there is every reason that people must learn to live as a family. This calls for open ended commitment by all without any unnecessary barriers that work against survival and betterment of human race.
99) It is because some of the desert Arabs are learned therefore they are truly committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to program, constitution and law of Allah for the better future of humanity so they look upon whatever they are assigned as the community responsibility in form of community revenue as a means of bringing them closer to establishing the rule based upon guidance of Allah through supportive networks set up by the messenger. Surely closer they are brought to their objective by their such thoughts and actions therefore soon Allah will land them in life of prosperity through His program for blissful, dignified and secure existence because Allah is protector of mankind through His guidance whereby He leads mankind to blissful, dignified and secure existence.
100)This is why those who took lead to begin the movement for bringing about the beautiful world for mankind and those who supported them from among those who migrated mentally and physically and those who sheltered and supported them beautifully of the host community for purpose of bringing about the beautiful world for the mankind, Allah found them consistent in their commitment to His cause and their course of actions for it and they too found His guidance consistent and fit for its purpose. That is what He prepared His plan for to land them in life of bliss, dignity and security through kingdoms in which flow rivers of all things they need and desire wherein they can live for as long as they maintain them faithfully and that is indeed an achievement that was worth their effort.
101) Just as those people were consistent with Our guidance so there are some from among the desert Arabs around you hypocrites and so there are some from among the residents of the city fanatical in their hypocrisy. You should not accuse them instead let Our set-up systems and laws expose them in due course through results of their own actions because soon We will find them caught up in twice as much in agony where in they will suffer severely.
This verse gives people an important advice that you should never accuse each other without proof merely by your words against each other instead wait till they expose themselves by their harmful and destructive words and actions against the proper human community based upon guidance of Allah. This way the risk of divide in the community can be avoided. It is because whoever holds any harmful and destructive thoughts about anyone will try to act on them to get what one wants and when one will do so one will become exposed all by oneself.
102) There are also some who have owned up to what they have done wrong. They have mixed records constructive as well as destructive. It is likely that Allah will turn to them through His blissful, dignifying and secure life providing guidance should they work according to it because Allah is protector of mankind through His blissful program.
103) Do accept from them fruit of their labour they offer happily for the well being of the proper human community based upon guidance of Allah and that way free them from their assigned responsibility towards the community and thereby free them from all ills by making them support each other through setting up a supportive network for them. Surely your making them support each other through a supportive network will bring them self confidence and thereby peace of mind and that is how Allah makes evident for people that He is comprehensive in His wisdom.
The Quran makes it very clear that deen of Allah is all about well being of mankind this is why brotherhood or ummah concept is the very foundation of it and it is not just coming together of the people but for the purpose of removing all ills from human society that otherwise are impossible to remove. This is not simply a case of some human friendly people coming together and starting up a deen because those who are clever enough do not need a human friendly deen to survive and those who are not smart enough are not able to produce work like the Quran because it explains all things in detail and with consistency. Clever and strong people take undue advantage of others who are weak and dumb not support them. This is why the world is the way it is because that is the best human beings could come up with so far. A clear proof that the Quran is not a book written by human beings because they are not that smart even today never mind 1500year back in time.
104) Know they not that Allah appreciates those of His human creatures who turn to His guidance and do things as explained by Him therefore He accepts their services they offer in His name for supporting each other? That is how Allah appreciates any people through His blissful, dignifying and life securing guidance?
105) So tell them, conduct your affairs as you should being aware that Allah and His messenger as well as those committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of humanity are watching your thoughts and actions as members of the community because that is the reason you are brought to His program under His constitution and law Who makes obvious the results of your thoughts and actions in due course as you carry them out, that is why He informs you about all that you ought to be doing and whether you are getting nearer to your goals or moving away from them.
As explained already the verses of the Quran have multiple complementary meanings, so they need to be studied carefully. This is another reason as to why the Quran is very difficult to translate using word for word translations. It is therefore a good idea that one learns the language of the Quran for its better understanding.
106) There are yet others regarding whom Allah still has not made His decision obvious. It is up to His set-up universal systems and laws whether they will suffer the painful results of their own thoughts and actions or whether He will find them turning to His advice and reforming according to it that is how Allah makes obvious for mankind that His rule is based upon wisdom.
The Quran makes it absolutely clear that humanity can only survive as a community if all its members show genuine concern for well being of each other and thus keep each other in check and on the proper path for better future as a community as explained by the Quran.
107) Yet there are those who out of opposition to Our guidance have installed another institution for harming and destroying unity between those who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind on the directions of such a leadership that is already at war with the way of life advised by Allah through His messenger, they will indeed call upon Allah to be their witness in order to assure you that their intentions were only for well being of the community based upon guidance of Allah but Allah has made their thoughts obvious through their own actions so they are a bunch of liars.
This verse is very, very important to understand because it explains how people in due course expose themselves by doing what is in their minds. People who did not want to contribute to well being of the community set-up by the people along with messenger of Allah they set up another organisation and put in place a new institution and claimed they have done it for the benefit of the community. The fact is, the like minded people have come together to plan demise of an emerging ummah but the interesting question is, what sort of system they wanted to set-up? A system that has been explained already in the verses gone by ie to turn Islam into religion because that way they become leaders of people and set-up priesthood in the name of Quran and Islam and off they go into business of making fool of masses as they used to. This is same thing which some of the people did to community of Moses. The priest in time of Moses, the Samarian tried to turn those people religious so that he could recreate a status for himself among those masses. He failed and these people are trying to do the same among Muslims and they too are caught in time and their this step is rendered ineffective. It were these like people who took advantage of confusion after the prophet and turned deen of Islam into a religion. This is having its effects and people are again looking for ways to get out of this situation. It is only a matter of time before people realise that religions are utterly false things because they lead people to ignorance and poverty by diverting their attention and focus from vital goals and guidelines which help humanity survive and prosper. This verse explains how hypocrite work from within the community to harm and destroy deen of Allah therefore masses must never accept living in ignorance or they will always be made fool opf themselves and enslaved by those among them who are always looking for chances to go their own ways and harm and destroy them. It is because their way of life is always going to be based upon idea of use and abuse of masses for their personal gains. One has to realise how dangerous these people are ie they try their best to get their way even when a messenger of Allah is among them so one can see how even more dangerous they can prove when there is none to stop them. The danger mentioned in the verse was spotted by people and eliminated straight away only because people were told by Allah to remain alert about what is going on in the community. This is why people who want to work for unity of ummah have to be on high alert so that ummah is protected against all internal and external conspiracies and dangers. If people think they can bring about and maintain an ummah by being lazy and crazy then that cannot be more than just an imagination of such people. If an ummah could come about all by itself then Allah will not have sent thousands of messengers and books and had not told people to be on their feet. This is why each and every messenger of Allah and each of his supporter worked day and night for bringing about and maintaining a beautiful world for themselves as a community. So there are plenty of lessons in the Quran how people should start and complete their struggles for bringing about a blissful, dignifying and secure existence for themselves. The coming surahs will explain all that in detail. This surah is last of the series which explained all people needed to know to make decision for themselves as to which sort of way of life they want for themselves. After that it is time for putting up struggles to get that kind of way of life. One can either live as a member of a proper human community based upon guidance of Allah wherein one lives for the well being of others or one can choose to live as an individual for oneself at the expense of all others. The outcome is already fully explained in either case so it is left up to an individual to think and act as one likes.
108) So never stand with this sort of bunch of people ever. Instead there is a community that is based upon consistency with guidance of Allah as well as with each other from the very beginning of the movement, so the proper thing for you to do is, stand by it. It is because in that community are people of their words who love to be free of all ills and guidance of Allah is fit for those who love to be free from all ills.
Masses need to be very careful in supporting any people, their set-up organisations and their set-up institutions, programs, constitutions and laws etc because they must find where do they stand exactly and where are they going to end up in time to come. So finding out about their goals, guidelines, programs, constitutions and laws etc is of vital importance or blind support and following could cost people all they have for nothing to gain at the end of the day other than painful suffering and regrets. Only if any people go by the Quran they should be supported ie if they are really there for the well being of human community. If instead they are for inflicting damage on masses then people should get together and bring them down in order to secure their own future by organising and regulating themselves as a proper human community based upon the actual guidance of Allah. This is a very serious matter so it needs a lot of learning and getting to the core of the matter before taking any steps. They must ensure that they are going about things the proper way or they may end up destroying something that actually is for their benefit. This again shows how vitally important education is, because people always need knowledge of things before they could properly oppose or support anything with full confidence and peace of mind. Ignorant people could end up supporting things that cause them damage and opposing things that help them. This is why mullahism is a very dangerous thing because it tries to impose ignorance thereby make beliefs and rituals on community by force where it can. This renders community lifeless and so people who give in to make beliefs and adopt useless rituals become stuck and end up destroyed over a period of time after prolonged painful suffering. The Quran warns people again and again about all this.
109) Which person has proper knowledge and takes proper action the proper way, he who builds the building of community on the solid foundation provided by Allah for the well being of mankind according to His guidance or he who lays his building of community on an unstable crumbling foundation that tumbles down with him into the ditch to destruction? However guidance of Allah guides not such people as learn not His program and do terrible things to each other for personal gains.
Allah has given people the goals and guidelines to organise and regulate their human community according to but if they do not learn his message and do as they like then they are left to do as they see fit for themselves. However that does not mean that people will not hurt each other or react to each other when they hurt each other. If one person abuses another then reaction could come as the one abused decides. It could be inaction, abuse in return or an even worse reaction. Each of these reactions decide whether mankind make life better or worse for themselves as a whole through this interaction between themselves.
110) The structure of those who so build is never free from instability even in their own minds pulling their minds in different directions thus their structures end up torn apart. That is how Allah makes obvious for mankind to see that His program is based upon wisdom therefore provides a stable foundation and structural map for building a proper human community.
These verses explains that just as each and every aspect of a building must be paid full attention if one is going to build a building so one should when one builds a nation. The foundation of any building is its purpose and then a proper building plan and then worked carried out exactly as required by the plan using the proper material. If a building has no purpose to begin with or plan is drawn by a person who has no idea what is involved or work is carried out by people who have no skills then end result is obvious. This is why if mankind want to be a proper Ummah worth the name then they must give their backing to learning knowledge so that they know how to build a proper human community. Backing ignorance and stupidity is not going to get humanity anywhere other than deeper and deeper into the ditch of hell. So people who claim to be Muslims need to start learning and doing things properly instead of backing their rulers, mullahs and money lenders.
111) Surely Allah has agreement of those who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of humanity that they will work hard together to bring about blissful kingdoms using their personnel and whatever they have. That is why they should struggle hard to deliver His message to accomplish goals set by Allah according to His guidelines for the well being of humanity even if it leads them to fighting those who are hell bent on making life hell for mankind and even if they themselves are fought against by them due to taking up this cause. This agreement was always the same as was stated in the Torah and the Injeel and now in the Quran and who has more right to have fulfilment of His agreement with mankind other than Allah? Therefore fulfil the agreement with Allah and enjoy its fruits as He promised you and that will be a great achievement for you the mankind.
This verse takes us back to very first Surah wherein Allah introduces himself and then asks mankind to live by his program to be united and in peace through progress for prosperity. If humans will go by the book of Allah then universal systems and laws set-up by Allah will not fail to deliver humanity whatever they deserve as a result of their thoughts and actions. Also it is a constant struggle on two fronts a)to do what is needed to be in peace ie make progress and be prosperous but b)people become divided every now and then and this also needs to be taken care of. This is where a lot of effort is needed to educate people to become united and stay united so that all could work for the same goals using same guidelines and end up with similar outcomes of their thoughts and actions. Since not all people are interested in education things become problematic for mankind eg some do not want education because it needs hard work from which most people shy away. Also some people want to keep information under lock and key because knowledge is power and those who have some do not want others to have this power therefore the copyright laws and then spying on each other to see what we are hiding in our closets. This prevention from learning then takes form of rivalries and animosities and so fights and wars between people become inevitable as a consequence of such like mindsets, attitudes and behaviours. This is why this verse deals with all that needs doing to get the job done. Muslims must never shy away from struggle for the well being of mankind even if they have to go to war for it to keep in check antisocial elements among mankind. It is because if playing field was left at the mercy of harmful and destructive elements in society then we had to forget about well being of mankind in this world. People must distinguish between priesthood created make beliefs and useless rituals in forms religions and the actual messages in the allegedly divine scriptures. That is how they will discover the actual message of God from the very same scriptures they have. No scripture tells people to deceive or lie to each other or to take human life in vain. One has to question, what happens if people deceive each other or lie to each other? If we all did things scriptures stop us from then what kind of world will come about for mankind to live in? All scriptures show they are not religious scriptures at all because religions are a private matter not something to base human community life upon. On the contrary scriptures contain commandments for formation of a good human community. This is how conspiracies by politicians and priests and moneylenders become so obvious for masses to see but only if they have learned some sense. Politicians, priests and moneylender do not turn up on community functions because they are Godly people but because they are all one in fooling public at large. Why kings sat at feet of priests and vice versa? And the same is true about moneylenders. All these people look for opportunities to exploit humanity in various ways ie politicians use and abuse people politically, priests religiously and moneylenders financially using tricks and mechanisms of their trades respectively. If they were truly Godly people then politicians will know scriptures properly and live by them and so will mullahs and money lenders. What does that mean? It means they will look for ways to manage people and resources in ways that work perfectly for mankind. Priests if they knew scriptures they would be most knowledgeable people on face of the earth leading humanity not hiding behind people. Moneylenders will not be bloodsuckers sucking humanity dry. Instead they would look for ways to make production and distribution of goods and services work best for mankind not what is best for profiteering for individuals at the expense of the rest.
112) Such as those who stop living the harmful and destructive way and declare commitment to living by guidance of Allah and work for bringing about a community that makes manifest glory of way of life advised by Allah therefore they make missionary journeys and mould themselves according to requirements of missionary works and carry out duty of promoting such participation and interaction between people as is beneficial and constructive for mankind and discourage any interaction and participation between people that is harmful and destructive for mankind, and that is how they observe and guard the limits set by Allah for the well being of mankind, therefore give glad tidings to such people who are so committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
113) It is therefore not right for the prophet and those who are committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind that they should support such people as adopt and promote any way of life in opposition to that which is advised by Allah and rebel against the kingdom that provides blissful, dignified and secure existence based upon guidance of Allah even if they be their own blood relatives after it has become obvious to them that these people are enemies of guidance of Allah and well being of humanity because they are totally consumed by fire of hatred and animosity of mankind.
This verse takes us back to people mentioned in the verses above who built an alternative institution in order to undermine the mission of the prophet through trying to cause divisions in the community. The Quran is making it absolutely clear that troublemakers from within kingdom are not welcome if they are hell bent on destroying the kingdom and its people or their way of life. As explained already lazy and crazy people cannot live in any kingdom that is demanding let alone the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah which is most demanding. In this kingdom none can sit idle or do anything that causes any harms to any other person, so mischievous people will be facing punishments every now and again till they sort themselves out or leave the kingdom for elsewhere or are thrown out of the kingdom or are killed for their serious offences against the kingdom and its people.
114) Just as it was not right for Abraham to support his community leader beyond the word he had given to his community. That is why when it became clear to him that he was an enemy of guidance of Allah and well being of humanity, he disassociated himself from him. The fact is Abraham was a right minded and a tender hearted person.
The Quran is telling mankind very clearly that they should never try to support and protect any way of life that is adopted by people which is founded upon personal gains at the expense of each other and the reason is because it leads mankind to harm and destruction by hands of each other due to rivalries and animosities. This is why any rule based upon that way of life is anti Quran therefore anti Quran based Islam. This is why one cannot be a Muslim and a ruler, a Muslim and a mullah or a Muslim and a money lender or their supporter. Of course people are given time to learn and do things but when they have learned what is right and why and what is wrong and why and yet they support what is wrong and oppose what is right then they are out of pale of deen of Islam and they are no friends of God or humanity or even themselves. It is because if you harm and destroy your own society then you yourself are not going to be very safe for very long. One is as safe and secure as one’s environment in which one participates and interacts. So any person who has little bit of sense will try his best to secure his environment for one’s own peace of mind. The dangerous the environment people create through their harmful and destructive interaction and participation with each other in that environment the more danger it poses for themselves. This is why beneficial and constructive interaction and participation of people with each other is absolutely necessary if they want to turn their world into a blissful, dignified and secure place.
115) It is not the way of Allah to allow people to continue living in chaos and confusion after He has granted them His guidance that is why He makes clear for them what they ought to protect themselves against in order to prosper because Allah has taken it upon Himself to make obvious for mankind all things necessary for them to know and do to prosper.
It is responsibility of Allah to provide mankind with his guidance but if they ignore it and go their own ways then terrible consequences they are bound to face is their own fault because Allah is free of harms and destructions people inflict upon each other. So individuals may get away with murder in this world but they are bound to face full accountability in hereafter because life does not end with death of people.
116) It is Allah alone to Whom belongs the kingdom of the universe including this earth. He brings nations to life when they follow His program and lets them perish if they do not. That is how you should come to know that you have nothing other than guidance of Allah to protect you and support you.
117) That is why through His revelation Allah turned to the prophet and those who migrated and their host supporters who stood by him in the time of hardship even though a party of them changed their minds thereafter but they came back to their senses and that is because Allah proved to them that He is a ruler who bestows bliss and dignity through His program for life of security.
118) Likewise He turned to the case of the three whose case was pending for decision. So despondent were they that the earth with all its vastness seemed strangling for them and even their own people seemed to close their doors upon them suffocating them yet more. That is how they were made to realise that there was no protection against the set-up systems and laws of Allah save in abiding by His revealed plan. That is why He turned to them through His guidance so that they turn to His advice and reform. Surely Allah turns to mankind through His blissful, dignifying and secure life providing guidance.
This verse could be talking about three individuals who made excuses for exemption from campaigns or three leading groups of people eg the tribal chiefs, the priests and the wealthy people who decided to create an alternative movement in opposition to the program of the prophet and were caught red handed. It seems from the verse that they stopped their activities against the state and became reformed members of the community. In either case there is no death penalty involved even in case of treason but threat of expulsion from the state is present for anti state activities unless people repent and reform. If they do then they must prove from then on by their word and deed that they are loyal to program of Allah and their community. If they do then they should be accepted as part of community otherwise threat of expulsion should be carried out. The Quran does not hold people responsible for their make beliefs or useless rituals so long as they do not cause interfere in affairs of the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah. People can believe and do whatever they like in the kingdom based upon guidance of Allah but they cannot act against the kingdom whereby they endanger lives and liberty of each other or end up destroying whatever has been built so far.
119) So O you who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind! Be consistent with program, constitution and law of Allah in deeds for the well being of mankind, so be with those who prove their declared commitment true.
The Quran is full of verses asking people to honour their declared commitments in deeds and that way prove themselves true to their commitments. So people who claim to be Muslims and think just because they declared their commitment to deen of Allah they will be saved from life of hell even without needing to do anything can see for themselves how wrong they are. As explained already in detail, you only get what you work for. If you want to build a house, it is not enough that you get the map for the house and you will end up with a house magically. The world is not set-up by Allah to work that way rather this world is set-up to work on basis of cause and effect. So if you do not cause something then it does not happen or if you do not work towards what you want then nothing happens, so if you want a house, build one. The Quran is a road map for mankind for making this world a paradise for themselves so if people instead of being active and creative towards that objective will sit idle or do the opposite of what is needing doing then not only the world will not become a paradise but it will become a hell hole for mankind, so choice rests with people what they want out of this world and how they intent to get that. As explained already, the Quran is a book that helps mankind organise and regulate themselves into a fully self disciplined ummah and that is why it sets goals for humanity and provides them with guidelines for fulfilling the divine mission or program or plan. It is all about bringing about a great human society.
120) It was therefore not right for the people of the City or the desert Arabs of the neighbourhood to oppose the mission of the messenger of Allah by making demands for personal benefits at the expense of others against the very foundation of the program given to the prophet. It is because a people struggle not for removing lack of knowledge and poverty of all sorts or suffer any hardship for implementation of the program of Allah nor take any step which provokes the opponents of Our guidance or receive any injury from an enemy but it is credited to them because Allah does not let go to waste the hard works of such people who take the necessary steps to mend rifts between individuals and communities in order to achieve unity and peace for mankind for making progress towards prosperity of human community.
121) Moreover they use not anything small or large or cut across any valley for preaching or battle but is written to their credit therefore Allah rewards them according to the best of their actions for the well being of the mankind.
122) Remember also that it is not proper that those who are committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind should all go forth all together at once on any missionary campaigns rather a reasonable party from each community should stay behind as well so that they learn the proper understanding of Our program, constitution and law and pass it on to people on the mission when they return so that they too become aware of any new information and abide by it.
This verse tells Muslims that not all of them should go out on missionary work among other communities rather a reasonable number of people must stay back so that community life at home is not affected or suffers because of it. Moreover opponents should not be given chance to attack homes of people on mission finding them easy targets. Home security is emphasised along with missionary duty. In other words all things should be done in a sensible way so that people do not suffer any setbacks due to making silly mistakes along the way. Here ummah is told to organise and regulate themselves in such a way that all needs and demands or wants are met sufficiently and efficiently. A clear proof that the Quran only tells what people should be doing and how and for what reasons in a general sort of ways and leaves rest to people themselves to use their own power of creativity and make action plans and carry them out. This is why any person who remains ignorant cannot be a Muslims because one does not meet the Quranic criterion or set standard for being a Muslims. Being born ignorant is one thing but staying ignorant is unforgiveable. A clear proof that nonsense of mullahs should not be listen to or people will regret it for all their lives.
123) O you who claim to be committed to working for unity peace, progress and prosperity of mankind! Strive properly against those who attack you from among the opponents of rule based upon Our guidance so that they find you indefectible. That is how you should make it obvious to them that guidance of Allah provides solid foundation for those who are consistent with it for the well being of humanity.
Word YALOON is from root LAAM, WOW and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is turn. It also means to twist or cause severe dispute or to attack something to turn it back from something. To cause something to wither away from something, to bend , to coil, a banner etc etc.
The Quran is not telling its followers to fight against their opponents like mad but to keep the objectives in forefront of their minds and do what needs to be done to achieve the stated objectives. This fight is not based upon permanent rivalry and animosity but on finding common ground and once that is achieved people become one and fight ends. The Quran does not tell its follower to stick to the Quran but the idea of common grounds that ensure unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind. It is inevitable consequence of reflection that one cannot find any better foundation than the one found in the Quran so by that reason all people are bound to bounce back to the Quran no matter whatever they claim to be.
124) This is why whenever a Surah is revealed some of them ask others, whose confidence in commitment to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind has this Surah increased from among you? Certainly the confidence in commitment to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind has increased of those who have already truly committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind therefore they rejoice over its revelation.
125) However those in whose very core of their person rests rivalry and animosity against rule based upon guidance of Allah and well being of humanity it further adds rage to their existing agony so they are consumed by it the while they oppose it.
126) Do they not see that they are put through hardship every year once or twice? Yet they neither accept their wrong doings nor repent and reform or learn any lessons from all that is happening before their very eyes.
127) This is why whenever a Surah is revealed instead of doing what they are told each of them looks at others to see if anyone is watching his behaviour in response to it? So if they see none is watching them then they go back to their old behaviour. Allah has found at heart of their personalities no interest in learning from His guidance to discipline themselves accordingly because they are a people who are bothered not with learning things properly for their understanding and thing them properly.
This verse explains why Allah revealed his messages so that people learn sense on top of what they already know through their own brains and senses as their life experiences ie self awareness and awareness of real world realities. After that people must go for self discipline through organisation and regulation so that they do not need any police force to discipline them or any such body to organise and regulate them but a life style based on regulation book as already explained in detail. In short people need to rise to a level of thinking whereby they become aware of how they should not live and how they should live and live the way that is best for their future as a proper human community.
128) Surely there has come to you the mankind a messenger from among yourselves a human being who grieves at your loss and who is excessively anxious desiring your unity, peace, progress and prosperity and who also tries his best to do all he can for well being of those who claim to be committed to working for unity, peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
129) But if they still turn away from Our message that you deliver to them then say to them, set-up systems and laws of Allah are sufficient for me to rely upon for fulfilment of my mission. There is no sovereign in the kingdom of this universe but He. Upon His universal systems and laws I rely, for He alone is the ruler of all this huge kingdom of the universe.
This surah is a very powerful message from Allah for guidance of humanity and a serious warning as well that if people will ignore this message then because this is the end of messages from Allah so they will be left to find their own way to Allah by beating each other up towards that end till they get there. So the message is clear, learn and follow guidance of Allah or be left in darkness and keep fighting each other in the darkness of ignorance till you get fed up and look for light at the end of the tunnel.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users